Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

18 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I don't mind the Lego harpy, but yours is definitely superior, Robert!

Is Harpy really supposed to be purple???

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm maybe...

No yet, but I might make one

Dude I was working on one a long, LONG time ago (back before series O) and got completely distracted by life lol. 

I should go through and list them off. Always happy when TLG looks at your excellent designs and decides to steal borrow them! 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:36 PM, CMFanatic said:

Dude I was working on one a long, LONG time ago (back before series O) and got completely distracted by life lol. 

I should go through and list them off. Always happy when TLG looks at your excellent designs and decides to steal borrow them! 

Just for the record, I dont really think they've seen my work. Also, I don't think they need to

On 10/30/2023 at 6:56 PM, DarrellBricker said:

I don't mind the Lego harpy, but yours is definitely superior, Robert!

For the first time since I started this thread I will say this: I like mine better :´D

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

51217925519_9b33b69be1.jpg

I would personally not count this one, since only the broad concept is the same as the official figure. Also, I like yours better! 

I prefer your version of all of these. 

And digressing back to that older post above, I can’t imagine that Lego designers aren’t aware of your work. I actually think it would be irresponsible of them to ignore the public discourse on their product, and this series is a pretty important part of that. 

Just think of those Alexandre Bourdon illustrations that were everywhere and how they fueled the conversation. He ended up being hired by TLG if I recall correctly. Now your stuff is appearing above those in Google image searches for terms like “Lego minifigure concepts”. 

Your human costume figure looks more like a disguise, and it could fit into city mocs in a humorous way. The official human costume looks much more plainly sci-fi, but I still need to see better pictures. 

53 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Your human costume figure looks more like a disguise, and it could fit into city mocs in a humorous way. The official human costume looks much more plainly sci-fi, but I still need to see better pictures. 

I remember the first version I made of him had a Tshirt that said "I ❤️ being a normal citizen" or something like that 😄

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I remember the first version I made of him had a Tshirt that said "I ❤️ being a normal citizen" or something like that 😄

LOL