Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

Review: 7623 Indiana Jones - Temple Escape

#7622 has numbered bags as well. I know because I own it. I own them all.

o_O You are a crazy-rabid Indy fan!

And, seeing that you own all the sets and I'm included in 7623, then you own me! Yay X-D ! You also own yourself, various yous :-D !

There are still plenty of sets they could do from Last Crusade and Temple of Doom that wouldn't involve swastikas or be "too evil"...a great Temple of Doom set would involve the rope bridge sequence, Indy, Short Round, Willie Scott, Mola Ram and some Thuggees. That wouldn't be any more evil or offensive than the first sets in this series... I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best known of the Indiana Jones films, so they went with a Raiders-heavy first assortment. We'll get more from the other movies later.

what about the tank battle or the plain fight or the grail bit with all the boobie traps or the zeppelin scene instead of a swastika just have an x or +,

or the mine cart race or the plain fight Indi's dad scaring..birds..into the fighter plains, nah forget the last one

Edited by Looking for a display name

I'm sure there'll be more sets of the other films down the line.

The scene with Indy and Elsa in the catacombs would make for a great set. Most of the LEGO parts needed already exist: rats, castle walls, skeletons. Plus, it'd be a nice chance for an alternative Indy figure, instead of the usual brown and beige combination. (Yes I'll keep whining about this until alternative Indy figs actually show up, lol! :-P )

About 7623, though. Awesome set! I'm definitely gonna buy it. Apart from the Hovito's, it's all there. Amazing. I've been looking forward to this ever since that Johnny Thunder movie from LEGO Studio's. Indy! Belloq! Jock! Golden idol! Huge boulder! Snake on a plane! Whooo!

.. there is a snake for the plane ...

I just noticed, that we get false information in the german description at lego.com. >:-(

In english it says "Set includes 6" (15cm) long plane with snake inside, just like the scene from the movie!",

whereas the german version says "Das Set enth

Rewatching these sweet reviews gets me aggravated because Lego France has these sets planed for freaking march !! Whats wrong with them morons >:-(

The scene with Indy and Elsa in the catacombs would make for a great set. Most of the LEGO parts needed already exist: rats, castle walls, skeletons. Plus, it'd be a nice chance for an alternative Indy figure, instead of the usual brown and beige combination. (Yes I'll keep whining about this until alternative Indy figs actually show up, lol! :-P )

I so agree !!

Tombs, skellies, rats, more carrot torches, a first crusade's shield ( 8-

Rewatching these sweet reviews gets me aggravated because Lego France has these sets planed for freaking march !! Whats wrong with them morons >:-(

same here, Yoda... I hate it to wait for these.. But Pete got his in TRU in Portsmouth, and also in England they shouldn't be available earlier than march.. So did you try out TRU or Walmarts in Paris? Could be they also have 'em. I hope a friend of my sister brings me at least the Crusade-set from San Francisco where she is....

And well... to say something about the future of Indy, also SW started really small with Y-Wing vs Tie being the biggest set, if I do remember it right. So I really hope for getting

Raiders: Himalaya Pub, flying Wing, freighter, the submarine

ToD: Shanghai Chase, Ford Airplane, Bridge Scene

Crusade: Motorboat Chase, Airplanes, Tank, Temple playset

but we will see.... :'-)

same here, Yoda... I hate it to wait for these.. But Pete got his in TRU in Portsmouth, and also in England they shouldn't be available earlier than march.. So did you try out TRU or Walmarts in Paris? Could be they also have 'em. I hope a friend of my sister brings me at least the Crusade-set from San Francisco where she is....

Well the thing is that Lego France operates on its own |-/ So basically they decide when sets/line are OK to sell and when >:-( I'm sure all the AFOLS like me will have their sets through another channel ;-)

So I don't think that TRU will have it earlier (and we have no Walmarts in France) but who knows after all !!

And well... to say something about the future of Indy, also SW started really small with Y-Wing vs Tie being the biggest set, if I do remember it right. So I really hope for getting

Raiders: Himalaya Pub, flying Wing, freighter, the submarine

ToD: Shanghai Chase, Ford Airplane, Bridge Scene

Crusade: Motorboat Chase, Airplanes, Tank, Temple playset

but we will see.... :'-)

I agree with your list here !! All classic scenes that can be easilly made in Lego 8-

this looks really cool. We've never had quite this many traps in a JT set. I like the use of upsidedown dinosaurs to make faces. I dont like the idol too much. It doesn't look like lego. I would've preffered something like a minifig head. But hey that's just a minor complaint. Thanks for the review Big Pete.

LASH has this set for $60 USD! Looks like there is another rip-off on our hands!

This set should have only been about $40 or $50 not an insane $60!

First TLC ditches the hovito and adds a skellie >:-( Now the set only has 4 figs!

Now they want to over charge us,Why that is madness!

A catacomb set, with a hottie! I'm in :-D I agree that would be a great set! Just throw in one of those sarcophagus with a new design and perfect!

The other set I would love to see is the "Flying Wing" with Indy, Pilot, Mechanic and a great design plane(perhaps marion in a different outfit?)

So many OT possibilities!!

P

Edited by Piranha

I want the scene were Indy Sleighs with that little chinese boy and someone else? from a mountain. Could be a nice little set.

you mean short round + willie on that boat from the plane in temple of doom? i hope they make more sets from the other 2 films because thinking about it there isnt much to expand on from the IJ sets with only 4 films and a tv series (which ive never seen :-/ ) it isnt like star wars with comics and alot more other info and fan related things

I just saw 'Raiders' today and that has alot of comparison to the movie version! Poor Satipo... :-P Thanks for the review, now im dying to get this set!!!

you mean short round + willie on that boat from the plane in temple of doom? i hope they make more sets from the other 2 films because thinking about it there isnt much to expand on from the IJ sets with only 4 films and a tv series (which ive never seen :-/ ) it isnt like star wars with comics and alot more other info and fan related things

Actually, if they opened it up to IJ's own Expanded Universe, there have been books, comics, and video games they could use. So you could have things like the Spear of Destiny, the Search for Atlantis, and other adventures. There's plenty of stuff for LEGO to do, trust me.

Ha! Thats funny! The finger that flicks the spears looks like it has difficulty doing so! :-D :-D Finally they make these commercials more realistic. *cough* Bionicle *cough* squid-launcher *cough*

Sorry, I had something in my throat. ;-)

Dp8

I just got the set yesterday, and I just built it, and it rocks!!! Best of all, the traps are awesome and they work!

Edited by Cyclone Titan

useless fact:

this set has the honor of including 2 actors who have been minifigured more than once - harrison ford ( indy and han solo) and alfred molina (doc ock and satipo)

Awesome!!! I want it soo bad!! :'-) How much was it?

I got mine for my b'day at my local TRU (Coventry, UK) for £44.99

Not cheap, but an alrighty pricey. :tongue:

I got mine for my b'day at my local TRU (Coventry, UK) for £44.99

Not cheap, but an alrighty pricey. :tongue:

:hmpf_bad: You're new and everything, of course, but remember... resurrecting can cause problems for some mods. Welcome to the site by the way though!

I bought the set and actually, I was somewhat disappointed. Good figs, but not enough. Where are the Hovitos? The Ugha would have made better Hovitos, for sure. There were few real "mechanisms" other than the temple and the truck and stuff. The design was... well, a nice concept slapped on 4+ pieces with the use of the same sort of pieces... over and over and over and... you get the picture. The plane was neat, I wish the set was still intact though.