Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

Review: 7623 Indiana Jones - Temple Escape

Great review, thanks. :-)

The set looks great, I like the idol and boulder very much. The plane looks great too! Shame about the lack of native....

thanks a lot for the review!!

so now Indy arrived in europe!! good to see that... *wub*

but to be honest, I am a bit disppointed for the figs...

no hovito??? I was complaining that Lego put only one inside and now none??

and also, the alfred molina minifig.. well, I liked the "darker skin version" from the video game trailer A LOT more...

but don't get me wrong, great review, thanks a lot for your work! and overall it is a not so bad set!!

have to own the airplane anyway.... *wub*

:-)

another great play set from lego

great for any kid who likes indiana jones...

although i wonder..what child in the age of 8 konws about the first indiana jones movie??

i think this is a terrible marketing decision

i understand why they made sets for the first star wars movies

there is a whole cult around these movies

and they have been re-released and re-introduced many many times.

but i dont think indiana jones is that classic...

anyhow as far as the set goes it is really good to play

but since a dont "play" with my lego

im not really into such set...

at least lego did good work with the indy line..

it shows as that they can do better for other lines as well..

Great Reviw Big Pete!

I was kind of wobbling between buying and not buying this set when I saw that Belloq's face was Malfoy's, but your review has convinced me to buy this!

However I am a bit dissapointed that there will be no Hovito, that the skeletons have castle torsos rather than the old ones, and of course the fact that Belloq doesn't have the cool face he has in the trailer.

But other than those gripes, I am quite happy with the new line.

Did you consider putting the spider stickers on the back of the Indy fig? OOn the back of the Satipo fig (whose face is Bruce Wayne's >:-( )

Anyway, thanks for the review again! *sweet*

although i wonder..what child in the age of 8 konws about the first indiana jones movie??

He he.... I guess that

but since a dont "play" with my lego

im not really into such set...

Why not? I'm 30 and I play with mine all the time! :-P

but i dont think indiana jones is that classic...

Several years ago, a poll of ~80,000 British people on the greatest action hero ever resulted in Indiana Jones placing #1, ahead of homegrown hero James Bond.

While the licensing of Indiana Jones is far less than Star Wars, the cultural integration is almost on par, at least here in the States. The scene this set portrays is probably one of the most famous and most parodied scenes in any movie.

Edited by Section8

another great play set from lego

i think this is a terrible marketing decision

you could argue that it is genius marketing ... not for Lego, for DVD sales.

Afterall, if a kid has heard of Indiana Jones but doesn't recognise the sets from the films, then they'll badger their parents to buy the DVDs ;)

Hell, it worked on me, and I had no-one badgering me ... I just bought the box set for

Thank you for the review

It looks like they used the new face of Draco Malfoy from this years Hogwarts for Belloq. I think this is also nice to make a movie themed attraction for a Minifig attraction parc.

I'm 30 and I play with mine all the time! :-P

Is that how you got your title? :-P

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of kids who know who Indy is, I remember watching the movies and thought they were awesome! Besides, they're bound to screen sometime during the holidays, and you can bet there'll be kids watching it.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

The Hovito in the pre-lim set pic has blue legs ... I wonder why ?

Was it as simple as they didn't have any brown legs in stock ... do you think there is a demand for custom Hovito figs

Edited by Big Pete

The Hovito in the pre-lim set pic has blue legs ... I wonder why ?

Was it as simple as they didn't have any brown legs in stock ... do you think there is a demand for custom Hovito figs

this is how the prototype hovito was made:

-avatar Sokka legs (red brown legs with blue printing)

-standard red brown torso, arms and hands

-red brown head with standard smiley

-black hair (female) long

-black spear

Looks like a great set! I hope to get that torso of Belloq in bulk... Can I have a close look on that one?

Thanks

TT

7623BelloqCloseUp.jpg

:-)

You know, the more pics you post of him, the more I like the look they chose for Belloq? I am still slightly unhappy, but your review has opened my eyes. This set looks like its worth getting, especially for that golden Idol piece 8-

having just watched the film (which, I confess, I don't really recall having ever watched in it's entirity before!) the Temple Escape set has pretty much everything you'd need to recreate the entire first sequence in the film ... apart from the Hovito.

And the Marion figure is excellent compared to the character on film :-)

I do wonder though, why out of the 4 sets we got, why 3 were from the Lost Ark and 1 from the Last Crusade ... seems like an odd combo to me.

But man, do I want the other two sets like RIGHT NOW!!!

having just watched the film (which, I confess, I don't really recall having ever watched in it's entirity before!) the Temple Escape set has pretty much everything you'd need to recreate the entire first sequence in the film ... apart from the Hovito.

And the Marion figure is excellent compared to the character on film :-)

I do wonder though, why out of the 4 sets we got, why 3 were from the Lost Ark and 1 from the Last Crusade ... seems like an odd combo to me.

But man, do I want the other two sets like RIGHT NOW!!!

Because, and I believe this has been discussed previously in the IJ pics at cooltoyreview board, temple of Doom wwas perhaps, too evil (read the board, plenty of good comments and explanations) and Last Crusade has the Swatsika showered all over the place.

Because, and I believe this has been discussed previously in the IJ pics at cooltoyreview board, temple of Doom wwas perhaps, too evil (read the board, plenty of good comments and explanations) and Last Crusade has the Swatsika showered all over the place.

sorry if I missed a previous discussion ... I guess they're pretty good reasons!

sorry if I missed a previous discussion ... I guess they're pretty good reasons!

No problem! :-)

I would look into the thread if I were you, it's pretty funny and..interesting?

Well, maybe its interesting. X-D

#7622 has numbered bags as well. I know because I own it. I own them all.

Edited by Indy565

There are still plenty of sets they could do from Last Crusade and Temple of Doom that wouldn't involve swastikas or be "too evil"...a great Temple of Doom set would involve the rope bridge sequence, Indy, Short Round, Willie Scott, Mola Ram and some Thuggees. That wouldn't be any more evil or offensive than the first sets in this series... I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best known of the Indiana Jones films, so they went with a Raiders-heavy first assortment. We'll get more from the other movies later.

oh ... I should add ... there is a snake for the plane ... and you can fit two minifigs in it (in one compartment, not two) ... so you can do the plane part of the escape too :-)