Rate this set  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

A fantastic and very thorough review, Lord *vader*! Can we have a comparison of the battle-damaged Vader to the normal one, please?

BTW: I use flickr to host my pictures, because with flickr uploader the amount of time to upload pics is greatly reduced, if that interests you. *sweet*

~Peace

about the minifigs: are those the first with "blood-patterns", or did TLC that before?

Edited by BerndDasBrot

Nice review, Lord *vader* ! It's a lot better, and a lot worse up close. So to speak. X-D :-P My only question is this: Why does it have two blasters? (Note: This is not a complaint, per se. ;-) )

trooperdavinfelth: I think those blasters are Juno's, to defend herself against people who like minifig-boobs. :-D

WOAH. Now that's a LOT of pictures. I think that's the most someone's ever put into one review on Eurobricks. How long did it take you to upload them all? *wacko*

Moving along, this ship is looking better and better to me. I agree with everything you said, so there's not really anything else for ME to say. Tks for the review! ;-)

Hm, I'm not sure I get the feel for this set, maybe if you took some more pictures... X-D You spent 2 hours uploading though? Was that with zipping the files? What dedication! :-P

This looks like a really great set, I love how sturdy it looks with all that technic in there (is it sturdy?). I still think that battle-damaged *vader* helm was a thing of brilliance, but I didn't know before about that gap! Kinda takes away from it :-/ As for Juno and the apprentice, I can see them being put to good use >:-) Which one does this ship belong to, though?

I'm definitely going to have to pick this up when it comes out, great review!

How much is this thing?

(It's a good thing I have a job. I want it.)

CONS

Ew. This has got to be one of the worst sets I've ever seen. It's unsymmetrical and can only hold one fig. Vader is fine, but I do not like the (or any) skin colored figs. They're Lego guys, not action figures.

PROS

Amazing. That Vader fig is awesome. You get a black Hydronaut visor, as well as the coolest (IMO) head in any LegoSW set. I like the colors and the destroyed look. The girl has nice pieces (akward), and I'll tear her apart (still weird) so I can have at least one girl fig.

This set is crawling with extremely nice and useful pieces. Just, used the wrong way. I can make a new robot with these bricks and some joint pieces.

4/10 for the set itself

7/10 for the minifigs

10/10 for the pieces

7/10 overall.

Edited by UFO

I still have mixed feelings about it. I don't like the overall design of the ship but TLCs attempt is pretty good. I like the fact that it comes with plenty of gimmicks and other moveable parts. Not sure if I will get it - might BL for Juno. *wub* :-D

What pics did you want Will?

Well, some general "beauty" pics would be nice. You have a lot of pictures concerning the build, which is great, but some pics of the front, back, side, above, etc, etc., would be great. :-)

Will

Very nice and thorough review! Love the minifigs and the strange ship design. Just waiting for the new sets to be available out here in California...

Beautiful design. Not at all "strange" to me. i do believe lego designers are incorporating techniques learned from MOC's in a large number of the newer sets, this Rogue Shadow is a good example of this, along with the mini robots in the 2008 Exo-Force sets. I really do enjoy the non traditional, heh......

Do I see blood on Vader's Apprentice?!

Is Lego using blood now?

Anyways, looks pretty decent. Like the design.

-ZotS

Lego has been using blood for quite a while now, particularly in the SW line. Rememver the scene where Ani falls into the lava and is roasted until he looks like an overtoasted and zippered open marshmallow? Lego gave us a minifig of that, of course this ani just looked sad and had a few bloody scratches and cuts on his face. Also the *vader* fig from imperial inspection and *vader* transformation sets have a little blood on their gray wounds, if I recall correctly.

hm... saw this one in the shop for 65 euro. totally dislike the set though... it just misses the good looks and charisma. i don't understand Lego... wasn't there any better candidate to be a lego set than this?

Trying to win won on Ebay, I could have owned one for a mere $30 USD! However I was outbid by a $1!! :-|

I was asleep when the auction ended, there goes a great chance to get a set super cheap!

I do wish this set had more space for the figs like a medical area for vader or at least somehting! Instead of shooty FF crap missiles :-X

P

Better luck next time!

I will not be buying one, unless I see it going cheaply,

Hey Vader, that's an excellent review, and I'm certainly glad that you especially did a review of this set (not that anyone elses attempt could have been bad... err... I mean... oh god, never mind). Is the ship "too" different, and is it almost "megablocksy" like some people have said bout the AT-AP? Or, is it way better? A fun, AFOL-enjoyable build?