Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

POLL: Pirate Halloween Contest Voting Begins HERE!!!

Pirate Halloween Contest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The Scariest Entry!

• SirNadroj's haunted fort!
    • phred's reversed haunted ship!
    • dragonator cliffside, dragon dwelling fort!
    • pig's mighty kraken!
    • xwingyoda's chasing skeletons on runaway privateer!
    • Cap'n SlyOwl's island of the dead!
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog's impaling tentacles over a ship!
    • oo7's Sleepy Hollow!
    • TinyPiesRUs' haunted, ambush cave!
    • tanotrooper's frightening +4 pirates on conquistadors!
  2. 2. The Best Built Entry!

• Cap'n SlyOwl
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog
    • Tanotrooper
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • oo7
    • dragonator
    • SirNadroj
    • phred
    • pig
    • xwingyoda
  3. 3. The Best Overall!

• Tanotrooper
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • oo7
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog
    • Cap'n SlyOwl
    • xwingyoda
    • pig
    • dragonator
    • phred
    • SirNadroj

The Scariest Entry is oo7's Sleepy Hollow. skeleton horse....

The Best Built Entry is Cap'n SlyOwl's island of the dead. that cottage is good built.

The Best Overall is dragonator cliffside, dragon dwelling fort. that dragon in cliffs is veryyyyy great.

halloween on!

Thank you, and that's an excellent avatar you have, by the way. I assume you've read that work of literate as well? :-P

While on that subject I love his new avatar as well! *wub* (I've read the book too! :-D )

Very fine entries, congrats to all spooky combatants! *y*

In the end I voted for oo7, a brilliant work with a clever use of parts like

these stone wall patterned ones.

And it really breathes some dark and gritty atmosphere.... *shivers* 8-|

Mr. Oo7's entry is marvellously built and spookily atmospheric but I'm failing to see its relation to Pirates aside from the setting being around about the same period.

Mr. Oo7's entry is marvellously built and spookily atmospheric but I'm failing to see its relation to Pirates aside from the setting being around about the same period.

I agree - to me its an excellent MOC with little to do with pirates. The word pirate is not mentioned once in the whole story...the whole post even! That I find disappointing.

As for the obviously possessed 4+ guys - I mean they'd be a match for Hagrid, Jun-Chi, the Yeti, Creator figs, Jack Stone :-X , Technic dudes *wub* or Duplo people *sweet* . I can't quite imagine Fabuland people fighting though - those Duplo people sure are mean compared to them!

And shouldn't there be a funniest poll? - It said make it as scary or as funny as you like...

Edited by Cap'n SlyOwl

Hmm.... according to these rules it seems that a proper timeframe

I wasn't suggesting Oo7's MOC was in violation of the rules or it wasn't a suitable entry, I just thought I'd make an observation which I'll be taking into consideration when voting.

Afterall this is the Pirate Halloween Contest so the piratishness of entry is an important factor for me.

Afterall this is the Pirate Halloween Contest so the piratishness of entry is an important factor for me.

Good point, Mr. Phes. ;-)

Of course. If everything

IAnd shouldn't there be a funniest poll? - It said make it as scary or as funny as you like...

I second that!

TT

I voted X-D

Yesterday 8-|

But here's who i voted for:

Scariest went to Pig's entry: I'd be really really scared in my ship if an octopus that big came at me.

Best built went to oo7: Very intricately and well built moc *y*

Best over all went to Cap'n Sly Owl: The islander in the sand won me over :-D

Great work over all folks *y*

P

And shouldn't there be a funniest poll? - It said make it as scary or as funny as you like...

Not possible. This board only allows three questions... but you make a fair point!

Xwingyoda all the way. Yeah. Good luck to the others! :-D

Well you see Mr. Phes, I think of the word 'Pirate' used in this context as only a term to describe anything from or relating to the original LEGO pirate product line, so therefore a set with two Imperial guards in a small outpost with a cannon is still called a 'Pirate' set despite the fact that it may not have anything to do with nautical felons whatsoever. An inland fort or army would also be something to be posted our 'Pirate' forum, wouldn't it? So what is that defines 'Pirate' for you? Is it that it needs to have either real brigands themselves, Imperials that one assumes are hunting them, or merchants that one assumes are being robbed by them? Is it that it needs to be a structure set in or by the water? Or can it be a creation simply using many pieces from the LEGO 'Pirate' product line giving an overall 'Pirate' feel to it? X-D

And then there's some other completely different views all together. :-D

Pirates.jpg

But I think we can say the modern Somalians are mostly irrelevant. Anyway, I have finally voted. Cap'n SlyOwl got the best built catagory, I love the roofing and the cattle skull is excellent. I had to give the scariest to myself as even I can still imagine the fear of the situation although I'm sick of looking at the thing (it's mostly destroyed now). :-P The best overall vote went to Phred because it's just simply such a beautiful ship. *wub*

Good job, everyone! *y*

I had to give the scariest to myself as even I can still imagine the fear of the situation although I'm sick of looking at the thing (it's mostly destroyed now). :-P The best overall vote went to Phred because it's just simply such a beautiful ship. *wub*

Good job, everyone! *y*

I don't know how you can be sick of looking at it X-O

X-D

Thanks for the compliment :'-)

P

Let me start by saying that this contest has produced some very high quality entries.

It was not easy to make a choice, but this is how I voted:

The Scariest Entry: TinyPiesRUs' haunted, ambush cave!

Lots of skellies and great (scary) scenery.

The Best Built Entry: Cap'n SlyOwl

Very well build, great colors and some nice techniques used... very creative !

The Best Overall: ZeekyBoogeyDoog

My love for ships took the upper hand. I just love this whaler.

We see lots of military ships, so it's great to have a fantastic non military ship like this one.

I like the colors (the white in combination with black works very well for this whaler).

The entire ship is great (bow, stern, sides). The best overall in my opinion.

And then there's some other completely different views all together. :-D

The pirate situation is becoming worse worldwide and it doesn't receive the media attention that it deserves. Several times while I was in the navy were were shadowed by pirates, but whenever they got close enough to see what we were they ran off. Not sure if it was because we outgunned them or because we were Australian... :-D

The pirate situation is becoming worse worldwide and it doesn't receive the media attention that it deserves. Several times while I was in the navy were were shadowed by pirates, but whenever they got close enough to see what we were they ran off. Not sure if it was because we outgunned them or because we were Australian... :-D

So do you think LEGO's potential new pirate theme will encompass this modern defintion? :-P

Thank you, and that's an excellent avatar you have, by the way. I assume you've read that work of literate as well? :-P

You're most welcome and I have indeed read it. There was a time in my life, long ago and far away, when I used to actually read real books, then along came interractive fiction games, and eventually the internet.

Now I spend my days reading of studs, snot, and whacking. 8-|

The computer revolution has stolen my literacy! *wacko*

So do you think LEGO's potential new pirate theme will encompass this modern defintion? :-P

Well I suppose that would be one way that they could do Pirates again, and something new! :-P I don't think it would please the fans, and probably no even me. Most "pirates" these days are just guys in a speed boat with some guns. :hmpf: The supposed new harbor sets should cover that anyway! X-D

Most "pirates" these days are just guys in a speed boat with some guns. :hmpf:

Round these parts we call those drug runners. >:-)

Hmmm... LEGO Miami Vice! Boats, sea planes, babes in bikinis, new guns, crates, barrels, bales, briefcases of money, scruffy looking characters, babes in bikinis (worth mentioning twice), palm trees, 'Paradisa' styled houses, Crockett and Tubbs, made complete with a soundtrack by Don Henley, Phil Collins, Glen Frey and Axel F. *y*

80's On! *y*

VOTING

There may be questions on how this system works, with three categories. It's completely my fault making up three categories, we really only needed one X-D . So, in order to calculate the final results, Most Scary and Best Built count at 1/2 a point per vote, and for Best Overall is 1 full point per vote. Excuse me for this unneccessary system, but I forgot that I needed only one category to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

:-)

Great entries veryone!

For most scariest i voted 007'ssleepy hollow, great use of shadow in the pictures and the choice of minifig head is great!

For best build i voted zeekyboogeydog's ship, it's a wonderfull ship and the figurehead has real nice boobs! :-D

For best overall i voted zeekyboogeydog too, i just love ships, what can i say?

May the best be pirate king!

Edited by Captain green hair