Scouty

PICTORIAL REVIEW: 6259 Broadside's Brig

On a scale of 1 to 5  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 5 - Outstanding
    • 1 - Terrible

thindexedgif.gif

Here is the review...for Broadside's Brig 6259! A set from 1991, with a handsome count of 64 pieces, 3 figures, and a sale price of $8.75!

front.jpg

The building(and parrot):

We'll start off with the front. It looks like a good solid building to hold those scurvy dogs!

front1.jpg

We yonder over to the left side:

side2.jpg

And see a nice open back:

back.jpg

And yonder to the plain right side:

side1.jpg

Back to the left, we find the corner, with a nice area to rest your tired soldiers!

corner1.jpg

We see the platform in the corner, a lovely place for soldiers to stand on! It's a bit...skimpy, so watch your step!

corner2.jpg

The middle is blocked by some stones, assuring security! But still open enough to stand in!

arch.jpg

The jail is cramped, and fits only TWO people, but we only need one prisoner in this set :-) !

jail.jpg

Moving up is the watch tower, a place for your soldier stand and stand watch or for silly parots to sit on!

tower.jpg

Here's the front middle part, again those stones blocking the way!

middle.jpg

Figures and Accesories:

We have a delightful number of a soldier, a sailor, and a scurvy pirate!

figures.jpg

A lovely parot!

parot.jpg

And a generous assortment of weapons!

weapons.jpg

That concludes our review.

Overall:

It's a fantastic little set, and great for army and supplies and bricks gathering! I can't find any faults with this set, it's just the neatest little thing you've seen in a port *wub*

Highly recomended *y* .

And to end our review: A comic!

comic1.jpgcomic2.jpg

comic3.jpgcomic4.jpg

comic5.jpgcomic6.jpg

You've done a good job of this review Mr ImperialScouts!

But two things.

1) Background far too bright and the set is far too dark, easily rectified with Brightness & Contrast adjustment.

front.jpg

2) No poll to rate the set out of 5.

Nonetheless this should be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com!

A fine little set with 64 pieces and 3 figures for under $10. May have seemed a bit steep in 1991, but I wouldn't know, I'd passed into my dark ages already, so alas, I haven't a copy of this set. Looking at the parts list, I could build one out of my current inventory though.

Issued today for $10, I'd buy no less than 14 of them, even though it does lack the obligatory rowboat for the pirate to make his escape in.

Very nice review and comic, thanks for doing them! *y*

Edited by imperialshadows

Sigh. I think I got this for a birthday back in the day. My parents were so awesome. :)

TC

You've done a good job of this review Mr ImperialScouts!

But two things.

1) Background far too bright and the set is far too dark, easily rectified with Brightness & Contrast adjustment.

2) No poll to rate the set out of 5.

Nonetheless this should be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com!

Alas, I cannot make polls in the pirate forum, so a generous moderator/admin would be so kind to add one.

Nonetheless, the picture was fixed, and appears to be alright.

But I'm glad that the review is enjoyed!

I'm not generous but I'll do it anyway X-D

Now I need to write an artistic statement and then I can write my own review for Broadside's Brig!

Huzzah!

...and title change as well...the best Conquistador out there! :-$

The Poll doesn't allow you to select 2 from 1-5. It instead says 1, 3, 3, 4, 5. But besides that, your review I give it a 5 because 1) shows the set in all angles 2) shows the characters 3) comment on the little creature comforts of the set 4) added a comic (playability) 5) showed true enthusiasm *y* *wub*

The poll is for the set, not the review :-D . But thank you anyway!

And it appears Mister Phes made the mistake :-P !

It's not too expansive and you get some nice pieces like that jail, the damaged yellow corner and a shako of course *wub*

For this i''l give it a 4!

Very nive review imperial scouts, keep it up! *y*

Edited by Captain green hair

For the price it really looks like a nice set. Because of the lack of a cannon, I give it a 4.

Cool comic IS! *y*

i'd give a 2, but you put 3 two times.

Thanks for the pointer! Changed, and I added your vote.

Nice review, funny little story, and a 4 from me. A useful little set indeed. *sweet*

Great review, cool comic. *wub* I give the set a four, and I will go and buy it now as I am missing many of those parts.... oh it's not for sale? Off to Bricklink then! :-D

This set defaults to 10/10 for me simply because it was the second and biggest Soldiers set I ever owned as a kid |-/

My pirates wreaked devastation with their enormous and terrifying 6268 Renegade Runner (known as the Seastar here in Oz) and had the impregnable vastness of the 6270 Forbidden Island to fall back to.

All my poor outnumbered Soldiers had was a garrison of three men, one Broadside's Brig, and that daft dinghy with the cannon (6245)... plus a lot of tame sharks. 8-|

The funny thing is that I recently inherited (okay, begged and pleaded until it was given to me) a friend's old Pirate sets, and he too had tons of Pirates and exactly three Soldiers. Hmm... not quite on topic, but did anyone else have this imbalance as a kid? (Another of my childhood friends was the same, but a third guy exclusively collected Soldiers, so he was the only one I could have proper battles with.)

Nice review!! I'll headline it next on Classic-Pirates.

I'm not so crazy about the set. I rated it 3.

It has some nice figs, but I don't thing it took a long time to design this.

The parts are very useful for MOC-ing and the I like the colors.

And it did have a very interesting price!

Good work Bonaparte! We just need to update the text so it's consistent with all the other reviews and then we're good to go.

I have a story to tell about this set...

We just need to update the text so it's consistent with all the other reviews and then we're good to go.

What?

Uhm, thanks for the comments, I hope I did the set justice 8-| .

I voted 'outstanding'. I really think it's a great set. So cool how they could fit in a (very uncomftorable) prison in. Very nice outpost!

Uhm, thanks for the comments, I hope I did the set justice 8-| .

You sure did! I have frontpaged it on Classic-Pirates.com.

I hope to write my review this weekend... And enter your competition... And do all the other things I need to do... ARRRRRGH!!!

I remember getting mine very well... think it was the first set I bought for myself and wasn't out of dear ol' mom and dad's wallet. Even back then I was travelling too much to have access to all my lego and I had that little set with me the whole time so kept taking it apart and putting it back together and conjuring all sorts of combinations with just those few pieces. It is probably the set I've spent the most time on of the lot but here are my pros and cons nonetheless:

It is a little too much of a toned-down lagoon lockup, there's no palm, no big flag, it's a little on the duller side. Two soldiers to guard one prisoner means that the prisoner should be a little more important, if not a redheard, than atleast his first mate with the tricome and eye patch but not some little foul mouthed swab who isn't worth the gost to his majesty's government for his daily allowance of grule. Let's just hang him and be done with it!

Another interesting quality I find with this set is that because of the all stone, concrete looking surface I've long thought of Broadside's Brig as something more like a sheriff's office, i.e... it should be a holding cell on the street inside a settlement rather than a big fort like eldorado which would be on the outskirts of the colony to defend it from attack.

I wish I owned this set! *wub*

It looks very good, and a nice way to get more Imperial soldiers. I have toyed with the idea of buying two and putting together, hence meaning the prison is expanded and the poor guard has more room to stand!

Zenithfleet, I have this same problem, I have exactly three Imperial soldiers, two identical "officers" and one imperial soldier! (I had more but they are now lost! :hmpf: :'-( ) Anyway, I have about 10 pirates, and 20 islanders, so my poor imp soldier ain't gonna last long! X-D