Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Second Crash - Day 2

¬ From the Journal of Jack Jones, Entry Date Lost, Named Day 2

[

23692593581_a916102d9b_b.jpg

24 Hours After Exiting the Hall. We were in Elijah’s Garden.

23479332990_fe1af19103_b.jpg

It a dense maze of plants and eroding paths, a layered and clever trap, it seemed. If Elijah wasn’t so good natured, I’d assume that he was leading us all in here to lock us away and kill us.

23666546352_b32525edca_b.jpg

After Dougal had killed Perce, everyone seemed to get in an uproar. I heard mutinous muttering. Clearly they weren’t happy, but then again, neither were Dougal and I. These weren’t prime conditions.

23666540102_68cb05fb5a_b.jpg

Dougal, who had been lagging behind, quickly jogged up toward me, in the front of the line. He turned and held up his hands, motioning for everyone to stop. “The soul has become clear.” He said. “Perce...he was innocent. Your votes were wrong...and we’ve lost another in our number.”

23146844044_2608130a1a_b.jpg

I heard the crowd mutter, and I felt crushed. We’d killed Perce for no reason. The sacrifice was in vain...I felt terrible. Even Foorth sighing and making a joke about how we were all just “plastic” couldn’t cheer me up.

23148201173_9211893809_b.jpg

Dougal turned back, and continued walking. And we all followed him.

23146832574_c5d5e2b981_b.jpg

I slowed down and talked to Molly while we walked - I was curious to get the kids’ takes on this. She seemed largely unaffected, and she asked me if this was what Thor had predicted. I wasn’t sure how to answer her question.

23692559561_4273ce251a_b.jpg

She began to spill on about Thor and about her Scandanavian warrior ancestor, whose name I immediately forgot. It started with “Jaf”, I think. I checked my watch while she blathered on. We had about 72 more hours. I could feel the finger-pointing building within the group again. One unhappy, unlucky result only fanned the flames of suspicion...We would have to be more careful with our choice.

Characters (and Players)

22743647974_fa220500c4_q.jpg

Jack Jones (JackJonespaw) - Jack was the leader of a choir, and now, one of the two leaders in the Hall. Moderately courageous, and definitely handsome, his entire life is now making sure that he, his wife, and the kids can survive and, God willing, get rescued. He is a tenor, but his voice can sing at all male ranges. Useful skill for the male choir instructor.

22743817974_34c70c6afd_q.jpg

Dougal Logan (DannyLongLegs) - Dougal has been in the Hall for two years, and has dedicated that time, aside from keeping the survivors of the First Crash alive, to grooming the perfect beard and hair. He believes he has accomplished this, and now spends his time searching through the gigantic Hall looking for a pair of eyebrow tweezers so that his countenance might finally be perfected. Brave and somewhat grumpy, Dougal is a kind soul, and will try his best to keep a new lot of people alive. Dougal does sing, but his range is currently unknown, as his fierce eyebrows keep those kinds of questions at bay.

23076228410_09640f6007_q.jpg

Julia Jones (CallMePie) - The wife of Jack, and the much more level-headed of the couple, Julia tends to take control when Jack can’t or won’t. Or when she thinks he’s wrong. Which is often. She is also a fantastic Soprano singer, and she trains the girls of the choir. She has always secretly wanted to shatter glass with her voice, but she’s always felt guilty that she would break something valuable or expensive.

23289445801_5347f40927_q.jpg

Gale Appleton (Piratedave84) - Gale is one of the youngest bass singers in the United Kingdom, as well as one of the fattest. He enjoys his eats, in other words. AfterPer arriving in the Hall, Gale located and raided the kitchen, until Dink caught him and threw him out of there, angrily cursing. Not much about Gale’s personality is known, as most of his time is spent eating or singing, sometimes at the same time, much to Jack’s distaste.

22743648774_8876bf2a4d_q.jpg

Foorth Dyke (Tamamono) - Foorth is a robot with heightened intelligence and a fetish for scarves. His intelligence is so high that he is aware that this is merely a Mafia game on Eurobricks, not his actual life. He was awakened a bit over two years ago, promptly got on a plane, which crashed into Braeriach. He constantly tries to tell his fellow survivors that they can just walk off the brick-built set and they’ll be fine, but the only reply he gets is “shut up Foorth, stop metagaming”.

23345866966_feb30a1df4_q.jpg

Molly Tolbert (Lady K) - Molly is the oldest of the choir, and no doubt the most beautiful, as she likes to let people know. She also is the main soloist of the choir, with a soprano to rival Julia’s. She’s very interested in the Hall’s history, as her father tells her brave stories about her ancestor, an ancient Scandanavian warrior who said he was Thor’s son. Believing to be descended from such God-ly roots doesn’t help her ego become more tolerable.

22743818734_92a52991ac_q.jpg

Lage “Dink” Skjeggestad (TinyPieRUs) - Dink is Norwegian, although he was raised in England, and his last name is nearly unpronounceable for any non-Norwegian. Since childhood, Dink has loved to cook, and although he isn’t very successful at it, still he tries, and that’s more than anyone else in the Hall does. Dink happily cooks alone, in peace, and hums to himself with his pleasant baritone. It’s rumored that Dink had a family who died in the first crash First Crash, but no one dares to ask him about it.

22743646824_7aeec09695_q.jpg

Woodcock (Bob) - Woodcock is an ancient automaton and guardian of the Hall, given life some old magic. He was awoken by the First Crash, and his memory is quite sparse. He remembers the first letter of the man who gave him life...started with an ‘H’, but that is nearly the extent of his remembered origins. As automatons go, Woodcock is one of the happier sort, ending many sentences with words like “splendid” and “fantastic”, despite the subject.

22743647424_9a52668caf_q.jpg

Mike Johnson (mediumsnowman) - Mike is proud to be an American. And he lives in a Hall with people who couldn’t give less of damn about it. Haughty and rather rude, Mike nevertheless guarantees safety no matter what the situation. He tends to quote many stories of his time in the Air Force, despite Braeriach being the absolute worst place for anything Air Force related. There are no planes for Mike in the Hall.

23004237399_19c4d5797d_q.jpg

Anthony Dixon (jluck) - Anthony tries to be the most handsome, the most talented, the smartest, but it just doesn’t work out for him. As the male lead for the choir, he is quite unused to not being in the spotlight, and doesn’t like being out of it. He also tends to sing instead of talking, like he’s in the musicals he’s so fond of. Most of the choir, including Jack and Julie, and now the survivors from the First Crash, find Anthony just a talented annoyance.

23004065079_f186bd621a_q.jpg

Quincy Easton (KingoftheZempk) - Qunicy is cursed with hyperhidrosis of the body, an exceedingly rare disorder. As such, he is constantly soaked with sweat, and usually isolated, since no one wants to touch him or be near enough to smell his salty sweat. Even in the choir, he sings alone, the sole countertenor in the choir.

23263806012_6a24b536b4_q.jpg

Delwyn Couch (RangeroftheForest) - A survivalist to the core, Delwyn thrived after the First Crash, happily organizing and planning their next move. Even with Dougal as the leader, Delwyn works closely with him as his second-in-command, carefully weighing the odds. The only thing that could be more exciting and interesting about her life was if….if there was a group of killers that she had to find!

23076228320_8e2ef90d5c_q.jpg

Lusk Eccleston (fhomess) - Lusk is the type of man to look in the mirror and get an erection at his own moustache. His moustache is his pride and joy, as is his dazzling smile. He constantly drops hints in Mike’s direction that he is deeply in love with him, but Mike is too proud to even notice him. Lusk searches for a way to have Mike fall in love with him and his moustache.

22743818264_7889fca310_q.jpg

Doctor Wynn (Tariq j) - Doctor Wynn is a curious sort. A few days after the First Crash, he walked into the Hall, and everyone assumed he had just woken up from some sort of coma after the Crash and had found his way into the Hall. The good Doctor knows a lot about a lot, and has absolutely no problem babbling frantically, in a varying accent from the British Isles, about just about anything while doctoring. The doctor is deeply altruistic, caring about everything and everyone, although on the rare occasion that someone annoys him, he begins to spout on about “stupid apes” and “onyx”. No one is really sure what he means, nor why he hates monkeys and gemstones so much.

23289613321_13dc1e8cff_q.jpg

Duke Bowman (Cutcobra) - Duke, or, Bowman, as he’s more often called, is...well, he’s an big behind. A big one. “Jerk” might be a more appropriate word, but either way he’s not exactly the nicest resident of the Hall. It’s no secret that he was an agent before the First Crash, as he often gets drunk and tells everyone...everything. He also carries a loaded pistol around the Hall, and if anyone protests, he shoots them in the foot. At the very least, he spends a lot of time with Elijah in the garden, which gets him out of everyone else’s hair.

22744850753_192455fe1f_q.jpg

Elijah (def) - Elijah didn’t want to tell anyone his last name, and no one asked after that. However, mysterious reasoning aside, without Elijah, the survivors of the First Crash would have starved to death long ago. A passionate gardener, Elijah has rows and rows of crops beneath the Hall, and he fervently forbids anyone to go down there, except Dink, who he works very closely with, to make sure that his plants are cooked as best as possible. Elijah, despite his mystery, is not a cruel man, and he makes sure that everyone is happy, well, as far as plants are concerned. Elijah also has a large interest in some sort of “special grass”, an interest that is shared by Duke.

23004064969_2b38323d31_q.jpg

Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire) - Ray was a Broadway star before the First Crash. A star, he’ll say, stressing the “s” and looking into your eye with an intensity not seen by many. A performer, Ray is quite flamboyant and over-dramatic, thus he loves being on the mountain and in the Hall, a perfect stage for the production he believes that he’s in. Personality-wise, nobody's quite sure, as Ray is always pursuing different characters and pretending he has been and always will be that character.

23289446141_7b5a5baf10_q.jpg

Ewan Breckenridge (mostlytechnic) - If you asked anyone who they thought was the coolest, most survival-oriented, bravest, strongest, and least-forgotten, there’s no doubt that they’d mention Ewan. Compared to Ewan, even Delwyn and Dougal seem like amateurs. Ewan is...well...badass. He solely takes on scouting missions around Braerich, and although he can get down the mountain with little effort, many of the residents of the Hall could not...he gets quite angry at how easy it could be to get down, but how unwilling everyone else seems to try.

-DECEASED-

23263632602_485a7c761f_q.jpg

Perce Triggs (Tachyon) - Town

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Shadows. To win the game, the Town must kill all enemy factions, while the Shadows must outnumber all enemy factions.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact either Danny or me via PM.

11. Generally, there are no gameplay mechanics in the pictures. However, in each opening Day's pictures, there will be something that is relevant only to those with roles that pertain to it. To every other role, it will mean nothing. There are not clues in the character flavor text. I wrote that stuff before I even decided on alignments and roles.

12. Role Play. I tried my best to make all of the characters pretty fun to role play as, so go crazy. Give them your own personality; become your character. Have fun with it and relax.

12. Get ready. The fun begins...now!

Sucks that tachyon was town. I believe several of you received this message from jluck via PM:

I'm emailing several of you with an observation I noted at the end of day 1. I wanted to post it in thread but the day ended before I could get the post completed. As the observation could be affected by the revealed results tomorrow I thought I'd share with several of you now:At the end of the day, two people voted for the lynch but acted extremely reluctant, as shown here:
Unvote: Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire)I'm still going to watch you though, I'm afraid!Vote: Perce Triggs (Tachyon)To me he does seem like a confused townie, but we do need a lynch. :sceptic:
Hell, I missed that bit. :wall:Unvote: Molly Tolbert (Lady K).This is ridiculous. Vote: Perce Triggs (Tachyon), I guess. I don't feel confident, at all, in this vote. Not that it matters. I'll be the one to say it, I don't think we're getting a lynch within the next half an hour. We need to be a lot more on the ball tomorrow.I don't want to just drop Molly as a suspect, but we sure as hell can't lynch a claimed PR.
I'd wager that if the lynchee is revealed as town, then one of these two (or both) is scum. Hedging your vote like that is a way of appearing innocent when the allegiance is revealed, and the only people who know the allegiance is scum. It felt off.Now all this changes if the lynchee is scum, but I wanted to point this out now given the time sensitive nature of it.

As Perce is now confirmed town his suspicions may be worth checking out.

TPRU also had some interesting things to say yesterday:

I'm still ok with my vote on Perce. Since we've left this to the last minute, it helps that he has pretty much already roleclaimed, so we know we won't be losing anyone important if he is a townie. Personally, I wouldn't mind a no-lynch today, but if others feel strongly about it I wouldn't be opposed to voting for Delwyn or Mike, who are the other two scummiest players to me. I'm leaning towards a town-read on Molly, myself.

Here was my response to this:

This doesn't sit well with me. Leaving your vote on a player unlikely to be lynched when your vote is needed to actually have a lynch? :wacko: You say you wouldn't mind a no-lynch, but the only people a no-lynch benefits is the scum. :hmpf: Less information for the town.

Def also made a good point:

Now I'm suss on Pies for a soft defense of her before she claimed! Scum are the only ones who know who's town.

If we were voting right now I'd know where I'd put it. :wink:

Well, now I don't feel like singing anymore. The bright side is without the kill ability last night for scum, we only lost one townie. Please today everyone be more active. As for those who missed my role claim at the end of the day, I am the Town Blocker. As I am a confirmed townie, I would like to start gathering the town together so would everyone please send me a message with your thoughts and role claims. The sooner we townies band together, the sooner we can start outing the scum.

Well, now I don't feel like singing anymore. The bright side is without the kill ability last night for scum, we only lost one townie. Please today everyone be more active. As for those who missed my role claim at the end of the day, I am the Town Blocker. As I am a confirmed townie, I would like to start gathering the town together so would everyone please send me a message with your thoughts and role claims. The sooner we townies band together, the sooner we can start outing the scum.

Not to play devils advocate here, but as we discussed in PM, just because there's no counterclaim doesn't mean you are confirmed. Our "blocker" may have his/her own reasons for not counterclaiming, for example being in fact a jailkeeper.

Unvote: Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire)

I'm still going to watch you though, I'm afraid!

Vote: Perce Triggs (Tachyon)

To me he does seem like a confused townie, but we do need a lynch. :sceptic:

Did we though? I still can't understand why everyone decided to change their votes to him.

Did we though? I still can't understand why everyone decided to change their votes to him.

Having a lynch on Day One is always important, I'm afraid! Day One lynches reveal a lot of wonderful information, for instance, people seem to think I'm suspect because I wasn't entirely convinced that Perce was all that scummy.

Not to play devils advocate here, but as we discussed in PM, just because there's no counterclaim doesn't mean you are confirmed. Our "blocker" may have his/her own reasons for not counterclaiming, for example being in fact a jailkeeper.

You are playing Devil's Advocate, and she is confirmed. If she claimed a soft investigative claim like role cop or something, it might be iffy. But blocker is one of the holy trinity of town roles (cop, doc and block), It would be horribly risky claim if she wanted to live. At the very least, the 'real' blocker would be coming on here and saying, "I don't buy it, too convenient." I would even go so far that it would be worth it to expose the town blocker for the sake of getting rid of guaranteed scum.

With that in mind, I think there's a 100% chance she's legit (and if there is a counter-claiming town blocker, speak up now!). Give it 24 hours to verify there is no counter-claim, and then, yeah, power role people should be claiming to her.

Having a lynch on Day One is always important, I'm afraid! Day One lynches reveal a lot of wonderful information, for instance, people seem to think I'm suspect because I wasn't entirely convinced that Perce was all that scummy.

Fair point :blush: . I suppose I was just wondering why everyone went for him.

Sucks that tachyon was town. I believe several of you received this message from jluck via PM:

I'd wager that if the lynchee is revealed as town, then one of these two (or both) is scum. Hedging your vote like that is a way of appearing innocent when the allegiance is revealed, and the only people who know the allegiance is scum. It felt off.Now all this changes if the lynchee is scum, but I wanted to point this out now given the time sensitive nature of it.

I was going to start the day with this, but thank you for sharing it. I likely sent this message to half of you, including those I am suspicious of. The rest of you weren't being ignored, I just figured I'd gotten the info out to enough people.

I think the blocker claim pushed everyone to the next closest lynch.

You are playing Devil's Advocate, and she is confirmed. If she claimed a soft investigative claim like role cop or something, it might be iffy. But blocker is one of the holy trinity of town roles (cop, doc and block), It would be horribly risky claim if she wanted to live. At the very least, the 'real' blocker would be coming on here and saying, "I don't buy it, too convenient." I would even go so far that it would be worth it to expose the town blocker for the sake of getting rid of guaranteed scum.

With that in mind, I think there's a 100% chance she's legit (and if there is a counter-claiming town blocker, speak up now!). Give it 24 hours to verify there is no counter-claim, and then, yeah, power role people should be claiming to her.

I would agree that in 24 hours we can treat her as confirmed. It's likely the cop investigated her last night to prove the claim. Until that deadline has passed, I still think it is important to consider the fact that she could still be scum.

I would agree that in 24 hours we can treat her as confirmed. It's likely the cop investigated her last night to prove the claim. Until that deadline has passed, I still think it is important to consider the fact that she could still be scum.

:facepalm:

I hope the cop didn't investigate her, since it would have been a total waste. We can know she's town due to her bold day one claim.

I'm not appreciating your train of thought here.

Yep, these are all good points. CMP/Bob's buffering of their votes was suss, and TinyPies kept the vote on Tachyon at a key time. I would be really interested in voting for one of these three (hopefully Pies)...

Agreed. We take it at face value until we get something else. The benefit from believing her outweighs the risk, especially since it's so low. What scum would claim at this point?

24 hour grace period is fine.

Yep, these are all good points. CMP/Bob's buffering of their votes was suss, and TinyPies kept the vote on Tachyon at a key time. I would be really interested in voting for one of these three (hopefully Pies)...

Buffering with what, the lack of confidence in Perce as a suspect? The lack of a lynch would've hurt us far more than losing him. That's why I voted for him.

Right, let me dig up some of that gold.

Oh Geez...........It's really hard to pick Day 1 without being accused of bandwagoning. Without any conclusive evidence, there's no reason for me to cast a vote on the highest voted candidate, Anthony although this move could possibly lead me to easily be accused of doing something suspicious and will make me liable for a lynch in the coming days. As I seem to be forced to vote I'll Vote:Doctor Wynn (Tariq j) for the sake of voting. Oh Geez.......

Then do you want me to continue the bandwagon on you ? It doesn't bother me in the slightest on whether you die or not. If your'e scum that's bonus. If your not, then I treat it as a day 1 mislynch. Even if I get lynched today, the town doesn't lose anyone important.

You're sure on a hair trigger today, Mike.

A no-lynch can benefit the town too. A last-minute bandwagon is never likely to yield a scum, and since it only affords the accused with a short window of opportunity to defend themselves, there's a good chance it could get a PR killed too. Case in point: Molly. If she hadn't been around during those last couple of hours, we would've likely ended up killing our blocker. Exchanging a potential PR for (pretty useless) "information" isn't really a deal I feel benefits the town.

TinyPies kept the vote on Tachyon at a key time.

What are you suggesting here? The only two people in risk of being lynched at the end of the day were Perce (now confirmed town) and Molly (probably town). Are you suggesting I deliberately left my vote on Perce to ensure a no-lynch? Does a no-lynch actually benefit the scum if the two top candidates are town? Especially in this game of life, where we essentially get two opportunities to lynch before anyone is in danger of being night-killed. Yesterday was almost a free day for us all in that regard, a Day Zero.

Damn it, he's town. Mr. Johnson, seeing that you wrote about some messages, how much trust could you put in the sender and those it was discussed about? I remember yesterday there was some votes against Anthony.

Also to those who were mentioned/accused, I've seen some of you speak up (Julia). Any reason we should not target you later in the day?

:facepalm:

I hope the cop didn't investigate her, since it would have been a total waste. We can know she's town due to her bold day one claim.

I'm not appreciating your train of thought here.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with my logic. I don't know if the cop investigated last night, but it's a logical conclusion to make. I agree, it would probably be better if he/she investigated someone else.

Damn it, he's town. Mr. Johnson, seeing that you wrote about some messages, how much trust could you put in the sender and those it was discussed about? I remember yesterday there was some votes against Anthony.

jluck and I have talked a bit in PM's during the night and I'm getting a strong town-read on him. The votes on him yesterday were essentially because he placed a joke vote to try and get def's title changed. Some harmless Day 1 roleplay, effectively. I don't recall him found anything else suspicious?

*investigated her. Of course the cop would investigate someone. It would be stupid not to. :facepalm:

I was going to start the day with this, but thank you for sharing it. I likely sent this message to half of you, including those I am suspicious of. The rest of you weren't being ignored, I just figured I'd gotten the info out to enough people.

I think the blocker claim pushed everyone to the next closest lynch.

I'm curious here Anthony at why you felt this was so important that it had to be sent out overnight to approx. half of us? Why couldn't it wait till morning and be presented now?

This is bothering me but I can't put my finger on it yet. Maybe just because I was confused when I got the message as to it's importance prior to the start of the new day.

I feel it might be important to know who got it and who didn't.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with my logic. I don't know if the cop investigated last night, but it's a logical conclusion to make. I agree, it would probably be better if he/she investigated someone else

What logic? Were you reasoning out something? I just saw blind assumptions based on nothing, and attempts to slow down a town block from forming.

I'm curious here Anthony at why you felt this was so important that it had to be sent out overnight to approx. half of us? Why couldn't it wait till morning and be presented now?

This is bothering me but I can't put my finger on it yet. Maybe just because I was confused when I got the message as to it's importance prior to the start of the new day.

I got one of those PMs.

Ok. Finally here. Sorry about yesterday, got lost in the snow looking for a way out. I'll stick around more from here on out...

Now, I caught up on day 1 without looking ahead to today so I could read it like I'd been a part of it. I marked a few things that stood out, and now that I'm caught up on yesterday and today, here's my thoughts (and yes, I understand that I'm now commenting with the benefit of more information including the result of the lynch.

I find Ewan to be a bit scummy as well, truth be told, but since I usually find him scummy I don’t feel that that’s a compelling enough reason to vote for him right now.

This pinged me - not because it was about me, but because it was a scum-read on someone who'd made literally just a couple fluffy day 1 posts. How on earth do you already get a scum read on that?

I'm not really liking the Perce wagon. I feel like he's just nooby. I don't think Mike's behavior in relation to Perce is a scumtell either, necessarily.

And this - as soon as I saw Perce's random vote I knew he was in trouble, but I understood what he was doing. I've lived lives over on another world known as MafiaScum and they actually call the start of the game "RVS" for Random Voting Stage. Everyone throws out votes for whoever, with no real justification, just to get things started and see how people respond. As a noob to our group, that's basically was Perce was doing, but that's not how we normally act and he got lynched for it. Sorry dude! I can say that I would have been very unlikely to have voted for him for exactly this reasoning. The ONLY way I'd have voted for him was just to prevent a no-lynch, but probably not even then. Especially after he pretty clearly claimed vanilla, I was convinced he was just a struggling newbie and legitimately town.

Yawn :def_shrug: Actually, Ping! :laugh: It's true that having been godfather once, the chances a second time are reset to zero, but it's still unlikely to happen twice in a row. That's common sense, and you are following common stupidity. The first guy to be dumb is usually dumb. The guy egging them on is usually scum. You are my day one lynch candidate. Thank you!

Oh, and this one pinged me yesterday too. You're correct that being a godfather twice in a row is unlikely. But again, THE LAST GAME HAS ZERO INFLUENCE ON THE ODDS IN THIS GAME. I'm following facts and statistics. You're the one spouting common stupidity, because most people SUCK at statistics. You are literally no less (and likewise, no more) likely to be godfather this time because you were last time. You even basically admit that my numbers are right but then call me scum for stating literal objective facts. Oh, and two of us called you on the bad statistics but I'm the one you called scum for it. Guess you already had enough fighting going on with Anthony....

This pinged me - not because it was about me, but because it was a scum-read on someone who'd made literally just a couple fluffy day 1 posts. How on earth do you already get a scum read on that?

Yeah, as I said I didn’t put much stock into my suspicion because I usually find you suspicious regardless of circumstances, for whatever reason. But fluff doesn’t somehow excuse you or anyone else from scrutiny. And I wouldn’t go as far as to say I had a “scum-read” on you yesterday. I was trying to admit my own bias with my suspicion of you, which makes it even less of a “scum-read.”

Quincy, do you have anything to say to my comments from yesterday? Or do you not consider my thoughts regarding you worthy of a response?

I did not get a PM from jluck, if it matters.

Also to those who were mentioned/accused, I've seen some of you speak up (Julia). Any reason we should not target you later in the day?

I can speak for myself on this. I PMed 8 people last night the following message:

I'm emailing several of you with an observation I noted at the end of day 1. I wanted to post it in thread but the day ended before I could get the post completed. As the observation could be affected by the revealed results tomorrow I thought I'd share with several of you now:At the end of the day, two people voted for the lynch but acted extremely reluctant, as shown here:
Unvote: Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire)I'm still going to watch you though, I'm afraid!Vote: Perce Triggs (Tachyon)To me he does seem like a confused townie, but we do need a lynch. :sceptic:
Hell, I missed that bit. :wall:Unvote: Molly Tolbert (Lady K).This is ridiculous. Vote: Perce Triggs (Tachyon), I guess. I don't feel confident, at all, in this vote. Not that it matters. I'll be the one to say it, I don't think we're getting a lynch within the next half an hour. We need to be a lot more on the ball tomorrow.I don't want to just drop Molly as a suspect, but we sure as hell can't lynch a claimed PR.

I was in the middle of constructing a post with this info when the day ended. I wanted to get this info out just in case I didn't survive the night because I genuinely believed it was relevant. Of course the no night kill thing coulda helped had I read it :shy:

I sent this PM to 8 people, including the accused, to keep everything fair since the post was meant for the message board. I mostly chose people who'd posted in the last few pages because they were easy to click on. Those receiving the message were:

Snowman

Def

Bob

Cmp

Lady k

Dragonfire

Tam-o

Trpu

I didn't ignore the rest of you intentionally, I just figured I'd gotten the info to an adequate number of people that, in the case of my death, my words would be voiced.

Now that I've clarified, I am serious about my concerns. Julia (cmp) and woodcock (bob) both voted in a manner that really strikes me, especially now that we know the lynchee was town.

Oh, and this one pinged me yesterday too. You're correct that being a godfather twice in a row is unlikely. But again, THE LAST GAME HAS ZERO INFLUENCE ON THE ODDS IN THIS GAME. I'm following facts and statistics. You're the one spouting common stupidity, because most people SUCK at statistics. You are literally no less (and likewise, no more) likely to be godfather this time because you were last time. You even basically admit that my numbers are right but then call me scum for stating literal objective facts. Oh, and two of us called you on the bad statistics but I'm the one you called scum for it. Guess you already had enough fighting going on with Anthony....

Ping away dude. Anthony was pretty much joking with his vote (I won't speak for him though). When I come in on day one telling people I'm town, it's an old joke, one you and many other players have seen time and again. You are correct that I have equal chance to be godfather as anyone else in this game, as I already said, but it's equally true that I'm very unlikely to be godfather twice in a row.

I didn't call you scum for stating literal facts, I called you scummy for following a dumb joke of an accusation (Anthony's) with a serious one of your own. I know you, as scum, don't want me around. We'll have to wait and see how far you push it.

Note, I haven't pinged on Anthony for saying something very similar. You are the one pinging, and my only lynch candidate so far today.

What are you suggesting here? The only two people in risk of being lynched at the end of the day were Perce (now confirmed town) and Molly (probably town). Are you suggesting I deliberately left my vote on Perce to ensure a no-lynch? Does a no-lynch actually benefit the scum if the two top candidates are town? Especially in this game of life, where we essentially get two opportunities to lynch before anyone is in danger of being night-killed. Yesterday was almost a free day for us all in that regard, a Day Zero.

No, I think you deliberately left your vote on Perce in order to distance yourself from the Molly wagon, as you knew she'd flip town. Common scum tactic.

I got it.

Oh, and this one pinged me yesterday too. You're correct that being a godfather twice in a row is unlikely. But again, THE LAST GAME HAS ZERO INFLUENCE ON THE ODDS IN THIS GAME. I'm following facts and statistics. You're the one spouting common stupidity, because most people SUCK at statistics. You are literally no less (and likewise, no more) likely to be godfather this time because you were last time.

Just pointing out that if Molly is to be believed, then she was the town blocker two games in a row - surely equally as likely as Elijah being the godfather.

No, I think you deliberately left your vote on Perce in order to distance yourself from the Molly wagon, as you knew she'd flip town. Common scum tactic.

Well, I had a feeling she might flip town. More likely than Perce. Besides, at the time I began posting Perce was leading the lynch with 5 votes, as opposed to Molly who had 3 votes.

I find myself agreeing with Anthony that Julia's and Woodcock's very apprehensive votes for Perce look a little weird. It kind of bothers me that Julia was so dead-set on lynching Molly that she missed the part where she roleclaimed. I know that as scum, it's often tempting to skip over posts when you've already committed yourself to an action and you already know everyone's affiliation. It's only the town that actually need to read and analyse what everyone else has said.

Woodcock's vote also has me a little confused:

I must say, your reply to Foorth's ping was rather peculiar to me! Helpless roleplay, or a subtle questioning of the logic?!

Vote: Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire)

This doesn't have to be a final vote, but I'm reacting to something I saw and didn't much like! Fantastic!

Unvote: Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire)

I'm still going to watch you though, I'm afraid!

Maybe it's the month-old brunost I just ate, but I can't make much sense out of this vote. Can you clarify why you find Ray to be suspicious?

Woodcock's vote also has me a little confused:

Maybe it's the month-old brunost I just ate, but I can't make much sense out of this vote. Can you clarify why you find Ray to be suspicious?

I thought I made my reasoning very clear when I did vote for him. I was pointing out how odd it was that he questioned Foorth's ping. It may have been some splendid roleplay, but it also could have had some sinister undertones that he could not try to pass off as roleplay. I found it suspect and I voted for him. Is there some reason you're bringing my vote yesterday into question?