Adventurers Resupply Depot

40661812571_c65575ff2e_z.jpg

This building was mostly built from my own imagination and a slight inspiration from Toy story 3 set number 7596. (Trash Compactor Escape) I also used a old 3D base-plate that my brother gave me to give the building a bit of height. The dock is just a little taller than my tramp steamer, but it works great with the rotating crane to load / unload the ship.

Also, the second floor and roof top (with the dual skylights) come off for access to the inside details.

38851656250_f02e15323e_z.jpg

There is a sliding freight door to get cargo in from outside, and I'm contemplating putting a ramp pieces outside where the large rock piece is to get things down to ground level.

40661812761_a7e928be8b_z.jpg

Downstairs is the cargo drop-off area. Thing are strewn about the place, with barrels, buckets, chests, and an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus just laying about. (Don't worry, it's empty!) Also on this floor is the armory, with weapons and gadgets of all kinds safely stored on the walls, with the accompanying ammunition in a securely locked safe located upstairs.

40661812641_0d9cfdfd8f_z.jpg

Upstairs is the nerve center of the Adventurer's exploits around the globe. money for buying supplies is stacked near the radio, while the ammunition safe sits nearest the camera. Opposite from the stairs is the research desk and lounge area. (even globe-trotting explorers need some downtime!)

Steam tramp freighter EASTERN STAR

40254933861_4fe632cd95_z.jpg

I built this 103-stud long 1920's Adventurers tramp steam ship from two Adventurers sets: I used the boat from set 5975 (T-Rex Transport) and modified slightly to resemble set 5976 (River Expedition). The ship features a lifeboat, steering wheel, and a smoke-stack plus I have the bridge with removable roof for the top deck of the ship, and captain's quarters for the lower floor. I also have signs on the front of the ship spelling out the name of the vessel: the Eastern Star.

40254934011_bf6e94ed09_z.jpg

The ladders hanging on the side of the lower deck lead the way to the ship's bridge on the upper level. The life boat is also back here.

40254934111_91c4129e15_z.jpg

Here you can see inside the ship's bridge (upper deck) and captain's quarters. (lower level)

40254934251_5f167fc4dc_z.jpg

Some of the recent cargo of the Eastern Star includes:
- a gyro-copter
- silver ingots and coins
- silver and gold nuggets
- Dynamite (the accompanying plunger is in the Captain's Quarters / map room)
- Ancient spears
- the real Maltese Falcon
- the Burma Chicken (long-lost cousin to the Falcon)
- two halves of a long-lost pirate's treasure map
- Money
- large rough-cut ruby
- poison bottles
- antidote bottles
- and many other items!

Bi-wing pontoon plane THUNDER BLAZER

25704850197_8bb6c97258_z.jpg

Fly farther and higher than ever before with the Adventurers and their Pontoon bi-plane! This vintage style airplane features two re-purposed kayaks for floats, and dual shotguns for forward-facing protection from the forces of Lord Sam Sinister, while the rear of the vehicle has a gunner's seat with rotating machine-gun turret. (Just be sure to not shoot off the tail of the plane while flying!)

In reality, this model was heavily inspired by 2018 set 31076 (Daredevil Stunt Plane) with a gunner seat from set 7186 (Fighter Plane Attack) from 2009. The pontoon floats from kayaks were my own idea, and I think are used in a new and unique way.

25704849667_4dbd2a3b97_z.jpg

This model comes with rotating prop, seats for the pilot and gunner and swiveling machine gun turret.

Seaplane ISLAND HOPPER

39610198770_6cc5907699_z.jpg

What do you get when you combine an Adventurers seaplane, a Indiana Jones DC-3, and a Creator rip-off of the Seaduck from the TV show Tailspin?

This model of course! The seaplane seen here is based off the 2008 Indiana Jones set 7628 (Peril In Peru), the 2017 Creator set 31064 (Island Adventures), along with inspiration from 2000 Adventurers set 5935 (Island Hopper) thrown in for good measure. The idea behind this model is to depict a updated version of one of my favorite classic LEGO themes: "Adventurers", but with modern techniques and parts using two of my favorites plane designs smashed together.

41376796642_5a41cca8e8_z.jpg

The rear of the plane makes use of a Toy Story 3 printed 2 x 4 tile for a registration number.

39610198860_77b8a852d2_z.jpg

The plane has a interior that seats six people: 1 pilot and five passengers. The seats are accessible thought the removable roof / wings.

Auto-Gyro LIGHTNING ROD

34191940814_08e85dfcf0_z.jpg

In reality, this model was modified from set 70913 (Scarecrow Fearful Face-off) from the LEGO Batman Movie line. I added the  classic two seat Adventurers cockpit piece which is usually used on land vehicles, plus a new set of vintage 2003 landing skids.

34191940994_f29ea9ef5b_z.jpg

This model also comes with red and green navigation lights and two independent propeller blades.

The good guys:

28449137059_fcc2ae1d5f_z.jpg

Adventurers (good guys) figures from left to right:

-Madame Blue
This Alaskan husky is the unofficial mascot for the Adventurers team.

-Captain Karloff
Owner and operator of the "Eastern Star" tramp steam ship, this captain has an eye for spotting the historical value in something that looks worthless. He always has a bag of cool items he's collected on beaches, sea-side markets, and ports around the globe on his person or nearby on his ship.

-Jake Raines
This young lad is a American student of Dr. Charles Kilroy's and expert at 5 spoken languages and 3 more written. Also has a knack for defeating ancient booby traps and disarming modern explosives.

-Johnny Thunder
Australian adventurer extraordinaire and friend to all those in need. Thunder first met Sam Sinister in 1917 when Sinister was in a field hospital for his hand amputation and Johnny was recovering from slight case of shell shock. They have been against each other ever since then.

-Dr. Charles Kilroy
Eccentric and slightly absent-minded English professor of history, archaeology, ancient languages, and about five other things including medicine. Kilroy is known as "Lightning" to his friends, as he enlightens the team in his own way and serves as a friend indeed.

-Miss Pippin Reed
This former lead reporter for Adventurer Times was reporting on a Dr. Kilroy's 1920 discovery of a copy of the Book of the Dead when she met Johnny Thunder at a dig site near Cairo, Egypt. They have all been good friends ever since. Also, Ms. Reed happens to be an better aviator than Johnny, a fact which she takes great pride in. She also operates the Island Hopper seaplane on most expeditions.

-Mac McCloud
Mac may be slightly clumsy, but is a genius when it comes to things of a mechanical nature. He keeps things working for the Adventurers team, such as lowering the steam pressure in the old and worn boilers on the tramp steamer "Eastern Star" and knocking loose engine parts back into place on the sea plane "Island Hopper".

-Major Quentin Steele
Former British Army officer (and Sinister's former commander, whom Sinister still hates today) This Monster Fighter lost his eye in 1912 due to a fight with a certain Werewolf, whom he later tracked down and defeated. He has signed on to Johnny Thunder's team as of 1925.

Not Shown:

-Clutch Powers

As a former resident of the neighboring realm of Ninjago, Powers is a stranger in a strange land... no, better yet, a strange time. Used to the modern ways of Ninjago City, this waylaid movie star got himself stuck in the bridge-realm of the Monster Realm in the Earth year 1912. When he got seperated from his filming group and the portal back home closed, he was stuck in the perpetual darkness for about a week until the Monster Fighters group (led by Dr Rodney Rathbone) found him. They led the culture-shocked Clutch back to Earth once they defeated the Lord Vampyre clan. He has been making black and white silent movies of his life on the "World of the Ninja" ever since. A good friend of Jake Raines, as Jake is a fan of his "Temple of the Snake People" adventure film series.

The forces of evil

24719265892_e43c8f93be_z.jpg

Characters from right to left:

- Lord Sam Sinister

Brother of Alexis Sinister, and Lord of Sinister Manor and owner of his own steam train. Sam lost his left hand in World War I while in the British Army. He later replaced it with a polished steel hook which is as cold as his heart.

- Alexis Sinister

The sister of Lord Sam Sinister is completely evil and slightly unhinged while being crack shot with any weapon. She hates Johnny Thunder to an extreme extent after he refused to join Sinister in his diabolical schemes. Last seen on Dino Island escaping to places unknown while the island was sinking.

- Senor Palomar

This South American crime lord is an associate of the Sinister family. He helped Sinister try and get the Sun Disk from the Amazon jungle, before losing it to Achoo, the ancient guardian of the disk. After that adventure, Palomar has fallen out of favor with Lord Sam Sinister, but he hopes to be in his good graces again soon.

-Mister Graves

A mysterious man of whom little is known. He sometimes is a ally of Lord Sinister and company, although are also enemies at times too. He is always seen with a gold lapel pin in the shape of a badge and a little black book of which he is almost constantly writing in. What is he writing? None have dared ask.

EDIT 8/4/20:

Everything updated!

Comments, Questions & Complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Excellent moc, it's very nice to see another LDD design into real bricks. The crane has that turn-of-the-century harbour look, very historically accurate. Adventurers is another one of those underrated themes.

I'm curious - how does the sliding door work, does it just slide to the right and bump into the crane?

Excellent moc, it's very nice to see another LDD design into real bricks. The crane has that turn-of-the-century harbour look, very historically accurate. Adventurers is another one of those underrated themes.

I'm curious - how does the sliding door work, does it just slide to the right and bump into the crane?

Actually, it slides the other way and bumps into the wall, leaving about four studs of space to pass though the opening.

As a side note, the LDD file has been added.

This looks really good. I am stealing the dock/building design for my own stuff.

Thanks, and go ahead, use the design and modify it as you want. That's why i upload the LDD files: so that hopefully I can inspire someone else with my model.

sorry for the bump, but i have updated the first post, added a few things and subtracted the lighthouse. (it was just not working out how I planned it to be)

Here's a small taste of what's going in Johnny's base:

24107343902_6f9f005b1e_z.jpg

Just some of Johnny Thunder's treasures from lost lands, ancient civilizations, and forgotten times.

From left to right:

- The 11th Doctor's fez and sonic screwdriver

- Luke's Light saber

- Ekimu's Mask of Creation

- Emmett starring as "the Screamer"

- the very rare Toy-Storius Rex

(I'm going to install these items on the ground floor of Johnny & Company's resupply base, but they are NOT in the bases' LDD file!)

I have started construction on the Supply depot!

23894774353_8fda43232e_z.jpg

This model is a Work-In-Progress: it is missing the freight loading crane and the roof of the main building. It has a removable upper floor and inside details, but until those aforementioned parts are done here's my only teaser picture of what will become Johnny Thunder and company's Resupply Depot.

The rest of the roof parts should be here this maybe next week, and the first post will updated then. Also, when the crane gets built next month, that post will again be updated....

Stay Tuned!

Awesome! I'm a sucker for Adventurers MOCs. I'm also a sucker for crossovers...

Edited by Junior Shark

Awesome! I'm a sucker for Adventurers MOCs. I'm also a sucker for crossovers...

Thanks! I finished taking the pictures and adding them to the first post just a couple seconds ago. I hope you like them! Also, I couldn't fit in the cross-over stuff as Ekimu's mask was too big, and their isn't enough space or the rest of them...

Edited by Murdoch17

The crane has been added to the model, and as such, new pictures for everything have been added to the first post, along with updated information and a mini-figures section!

24743663501_b25cbd93e1_z.jpg

Here we can see the model with the seaplane called the "Island Hopper", and the steamship called the "Great West".

I'm thinking on expanding my Adventurers base to include some more vehicles such as the ones below, and I plan on redoing the nose of the Island Hopper to use this part in red:

11293.jpg

Here are the new builds:

25645317775_b5727336eb_z.jpg

Motor boat

25349669030_5a80684b69_z.jpg

Two seat float bi-plane

You can find more info in the updated main post!

Edited by Murdoch17

There's something about the Adventurers theme that makes it a bit different. I'd love to see a reboot of this theme (hopefully with balanced gender targeting as well) someday.

I am digging the sea plane. 5935 was the only Adventurers set I had as a kid, and it has been disassembled for years. Your seaplane modernizes it, yet retains all that made the original great!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

There's something about the Adventurers theme that makes it a bit different. I'd love to see a reboot of this theme (hopefully with balanced gender targeting as well) someday.

Yes, I would agree, but then I would love ANY Adventurers love from LEGO.

I am in love with that Indiana Jones-esque biplane! :wub:

Great creation!

Thank you! I still need to get that plane and boat... maybe next month in April.

I am digging the sea plane. 5935 was the only Adventurers set I had as a kid, and it has been disassembled for years. Your seaplane modernizes it, yet retains all that made the original great!

Thanks! I was also inspired by Peril In Peru (Indiana Jones set 7628), and the modern city planes. I basically looked at the original Hopper and saw what could be updated, removed or added. I then looked at the Peru model and smashed them together, using wings from 7628 and color styling from 5935, plus the cockpit of most modern mid-sized CITY planes / helicopters. This cockpit will be changed soon though, so stay tuned in April!

25965391521_369bb67a65_z.jpg

Edited by Murdoch17

Here is my tramp steam ship as it will be shortly. Since the last time I uploaded this, I have added a sloping front windscreen, and new, steeper-angled bow and a figure of Mac McCloud, first mate on Captain Karloff's ship, which incidentally has been renamed. The vessel's new name, the EASTERN, will be printed on 1 x 1 tiles and go on the side of the bow near the anchor.

25959334290_1ac1947bc7_z.jpg

As always, the vessel's upper deck and roof are grouped in LDD for easy removal.

26118473902_4ab430bc41_n.jpg

Captain Karloff is on the left. He is always ready for adventure and is very patient person, which is good as his ship isn't the fastest or the most reliable on the seas. He is supposed to be wearing this suit: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0294c01&idColor=7#T=C&C=7

The one on the right is Mac McCloud, who keeps the tramp steamship sea-worthy. Mac may be slightly clumsy, but is a genius when it comes to things of a mechanical nature, such as keeping the steam-generating boilers from blowing up and knocking huge pistons back into place with only a pair of pliers and a hammer.

LDD file for the updated ship / figures: http://www.moc-pages.com/user_images/80135/1459777673m.lxf

The model has reverted to being a Work In Progress, as some parts (the bow) have shipped from BrickLink, while others (the letters, windscreen and the McCloud figure) have yet to be ordered.

It should be just a couple more weeks before it's complete, but this give you an idea of what it will look like.

It's getting there! Wharfs, a classic under represented aspect of the 1930s adventurer,

It's getting there! Wharfs, a classic under represented aspect of the 1930s adventurer,

Thanks, and yes they are under represented!

Here's my newly updated ship:

26325273891_8fb4317f38_z.jpg

I have redone the front end of my tramp steamer to be longer and have a sharper profile, plus it now has a inverted-slope windscreen.

The ship's roof and upper deck are removable as always, and I have added an anchor to the front of the ship. The vessel's name, the EASTERN,is printed on 1 x 1 tiles on the side of the bow near the anchor.

25786644084_bb247605a3_z.jpg

The rear of the ship features the company flag and the smokestack.

26299135672_2e58b045e3_z.jpg

Here you can see inside the ship's bridge (upper deck) and captain's quarters. (lower level)

25789877794_87b43446bf_z.jpg

Captain Karloff is on the left. He is always ready for adventure and is very patient person, which is good as the Eastern isn't the fastest or the most reliable on the seas. Karloff also has an eye for spotting the historical value in something that looks worthless. He always has a bag of cool items he's collected on beaches, sea-side markets, and ports around the globe on his person or nearby on his ship.

The one in the middle is crewman Mac McCloud, who keeps the tramp steamship sea-worthy. Mac may be slightly clumsy, but is a genius when it comes to things of a mechanical nature, such as keeping the steam-generating boilers from blowing up and knocking huge pistons back into place with only a pair of pliers and a hammer.

The dog on the right is Madame Blue, who is the official mascot for the Eastern.

Here is the new main picture for the good guys!

26806052281_84d0c60ea6_z.jpg

The team from left to right:

-Johnny Thunder

Australian adventurer extraordinaire and friend to all those in need. Thunder first met Sam Sinister in 1917 when Sinister was in a field hospital for his hand amputation and Johnny was recovering from slight case of shell shock. They have been against each other ever since then.

-Jake Raines

This young lad is a American student of Dr. Chalres Kilroy's and expert at 5 spoken languages and 3 more written. Also has a knack for defeating ancient booby traps and disarming modern explosives. Although he looks quite happy, Jake is quite a different person in private: he blames himself for Kilroy's end, as he was with Dr. Kilroy when he died. He was showing his star pupil a mysterious scroll that can separate a mind from it's body when he passed. Jake is convinced that Kilroy succeeded in doing so, and thus his body "died" but his mind may have lived on.

-Major Quentin Steele

Former British Army officer (and Sinister's former commander, whom Sinister still hates today) This Monster Fighter lost his eye in 1912 due to a fight with a certain Werewolf, whom he later tracked down and defeated. He has signed on to Johnny Thunder's team to fill in for the deceased Dr. Charles Kilroy after his unfortunate accident.

-Miss Pippin Reed

This former lead reporter for Adventurer Times was reporting on a Dr. Kilroy's 1920 discovery of a copy of the Book of the Dead when she met Johnny Thunder at a dig site near Cairo, Egypt. They have all been good friends ever since. Also, Ms. Reed happens to be an better aviator than Johnny, a fact which she takes great pride in. She also operates the Island Hopper seaplane on most expeditions.

-Captain Karloff

Owner and operator of the "Eastern" tramp steam ship, this captain has an eye for spotting the historical value in something that looks worthless. He always has a bag of cool items he's collected on beaches, sea-side markets, and ports around the globe on his person or nearby on his ship.

-Mac McCloud

-Mac may be slightly clumsy, but is a genius when it comes to things of a mechanical nature. He keeps things working for the Adventurers team, such as lowering the steam pressure in the old and worn boilers on the tramp steamer "Eastern" and knocking loose engine parts back into place on the sea plane "Island Hopper".

-Madame Blue

This dog is the unofficial mascot for the Adventurers team.

Any thoughts, comments, or complaints are welcome!

I like the name of mister graves. Do you by any chance watch James bond? The main villain in die another day was mister graves!!!

I like the name of mister graves. Do you by any chance watch James bond? The main villain in die another day was mister graves!!!

I have seen a couple James Bond films, but not that one... I though the name was original and unused. Oh well, thanks for the info!

This is awesome. Please post new photos all the time I love this :laugh:

Thanks! Here's a pic of the tramp steamer passing by the CREATOR lighthouse:

27552305312_6f4920498b_z.jpg

Absoloutly brilliant Set of Mocs which I never want to end youve inspired me to do some of my own, cant wait to see more! Love the port and boat as lego digital desinger never does justice to the real thing

Absoloutly brilliant Set of Mocs which I never want to end youve inspired me to do some of my own, cant wait to see more! Love the port and boat as lego digital desinger never does justice to the real thing

I'm glad I inspired you, be sure to post your own Adventurers MOCs here on Eurobricks!