Blue_Bird

What are you reading?

I'm currently reading "A Song of Ice and Fire" Book 1 on my Kindle. It's a very different genre than I'm used to reading. I am enjoying it so far.

I am currently reading:

-'Your Pilot's License' ie. How to get private pilot's license to fly airplanes. (A near future goal of mine.)

-'Wesleyan Anthology of Science Fiction'. Very neat anthology which chronicles a selection of sci-fi from over the last 150 years. It's interesting to see how story themes change over time based on the contemporary population's fears and morals.

Edited by Iria

I'm currently ploughing through Margaret Atwood's Year of the Flood, having loved Oryx and Crake which I read last week. Having a bit of a dystopia binge at the moment. Highly recommended by the way.

I'm currently reading "A Song of Ice and Fire" Book 1 on my Kindle. It's a very different genre than I'm used to reading. I am enjoying it so far.

Nice! I just started that series this summer and love it. Haven't liked anything quite this much since Harry Potter. The book I'm currently reading is "A Feast for Crows", which is book 4 in that series.

Ps: Brienne is my favorite POV character although you don't exactly know who that is yet until the second book or unless you've seen the show.

Anything Phillip K Dick, my favorite of his so far would probably be Ubik. It's a nice change up as I mostly read historical type books and biographies.

Edited by BrickTamland

Hi everyone :)

we are a spamming this site up

Edited by Rick
Don't use EB as a billboard.

The Complete Book for North American Railroading. Not a bad history of N.A. railways that came and went and merged.

Edited by dr_spock

Anything Phillip K Dick, my favorite of his so far would probably be Ubik. It's a nice change up as I mostly read historical type books and biographies.

Ah, it's been a long time since I read any Philip K. Dick! Thanks for reminding me, I will definitely have to add this one near the top of my list. :wink:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Read some of Richard Dawkins: the god delusion. I find it very interesting, however it is controversial to anyone deeply invested in its topic, so I won't go on about it much. Just if you are interested in topics like theology and skepticism, I'd say it's worth a shot.

Dan Simmons - Ilium

As a sci-fi fan and having been classically educated, this is just my cup of tea. I read his Hyperion Cantos series multiple times, those are my favorite books by far.

Reading The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher. It's a pirate, fantasy, techy-sort of steampunk-esque- adventure story. About half way through and really enjoying it.

I just finished Speaker for the Dead in two days. Great book but,

Miro got the end of the stick so short there might not be any stick left.

Just started Contact by Carl Sagan. It is one of my favourite films, so this should be good too. My boyfriend told me to keep reading his books if I want to be smarter. Okay!

Re-reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey in anticipation for the movie. It's a nice different take, of sorts, on the alien invasion stories. A real page turner that is hard to put down. It revolves around a girl trying to regroup with her brother & all that it entails. Twists & turns, a great story.

I am currently reading life after death This is my favorite author Deepak Chopra. this book based on its all depend on how u will die . Ater death you die and life goes on with or without you simple just make the best if life while your still alive?

I'm currently reading a Visual/Kinetic Novel called fault milestone one, and fault milestone two side:above, the next actual book I'm going to be reading is The Invisible Library (whenever it arrives).

I'm reading the Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. It's the third book in his Peculiar Children series. For those unaware, Mr. Riggs is a collector of vintage photographs, esp those who cast their subjects in an unusual manner. He builds the narrative around these photos, which he features throughout the books. The story and characters themselves are engaging, and the whole makes for an interesting bit of reading.

I'm reading "The Demon Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark" by Carl Sagan. It is a wonderful book about science and pseudoscience, about errors, curiosity, confusion, and about the way we could act in nowadays world. Even if the book was published for the first time in 1996 it is still actual.