Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Model Team: Motorized Race Truck

My old race truck has had a major overhaul. Earlier versions received much criticism for not looking like real race trucks, so this time I actually took inspiration from some real trucks! Gone are the two axles with twin diffs in the rear and in comes a solution using the high powered RC engine directly (that motor has already melted a couple of my bricks because of its sheer power).

3frontrightsu1.jpg

connectiy9.jpg

I have plenty of transparent orange bricks from this crane, but I thought it would be more realistic with non-transparent headlights, a lot of stickers and for the first time ever: no steering knob on the roof!

I was satisfied with the engine and interior (seats with "ears" and 4 point seat belts) from the last version.

engine.jpg_thumb.jpg interior.jpg_thumb.jpg front_left.jpg_thumb.jpg

The rest of the truck has changed radically from the exhaust in the side to the damped rear suspension. The steering mechanism uses weights to make it return to neutral when the motor is turned off. This is much more responsive than previous systems and feels like the kind you know from ordinary RC-cars.

rear_left.jpg_thumb.jpg rear_right.jpg_thumb.jpg side_left.jpg_thumb.jpg side_right.jpg_thumb.jpg mechanism.jpg_thumb.jpg

It works best when the batteries are fully charged and I have to warn: The bricks beneath the truck are in a terrible state after having played some hours by driving through gravel and having the steering wheels fall off so that the brick beneath get scraped along the ground :'-( (You have to use the old 4 spoke technic brushes for wheel bolts - all other kinds will not hold!)

(Brickshelf gallery)

Edited by Lasse D

Thats beautifull! Exelent detail! With no differentail, that thing must whip out fromunder you real quick!

I realise I said "I look forward to your next MOC!" in your birthday topic but I was joking! Wow! You are one of those builders who just keeps doing your own thing and keeps producing great results. I love it! *wub* Your controller is pretty cool. How long is the cable? I was going to try and buy a long cable but I lost interest when I saw the bulldozer. Once I am able to break it I plan to do something similar... 8-|

sweet truck :P

sweet post :P

Thanks, but don't worry. We will not judge you from your post count.

Necro bumping, however...