Here's the place to discuss Ninjago 2016 news, and sets. All show related discussion should go to the Multimedia area.

I have pictures from the Hageman's Twiiter account but cannot upload them from mobile. To give a breif description, one is of a pirate flag that has a skull and crossed sword topped with a rice hat, the other is of Sensei's face which is captioned "Wu Crew"...do I smell Pirates?

EDIT: Now that the panel is over more details have come to light including:

-"There might be a new ninja." ;)

-There is something worse than the Overlord.

EDIT: Pictures Added

70599 Cole's Dragon

med_gallery_4757_303_42326.jpg

70600 Ninja Bike Chase

med_gallery_4757_303_59777.jpg

70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon

med_gallery_4757_303_4213.jpg

70603 Raid Zeppelin

med_gallery_4757_303_77814.jpg

70604 Tiger Widow Island

med_gallery_4757_303_108491.jpg

70605 Misfortune's Keep

med_gallery_4757_303_112458.jpg

FUTURE SET NAMES

70588: Titanium Ninja Tumbler

med_gallery_4757_303_33657.jpg

70589: Rock Roader

med_gallery_4757_303_34647.jpg

70590: Airjitzu Battle Grounds

gallery_4757_303_46056.png

70591: Kryptarium Prison Breakout

med_gallery_4757_303_108937.jpg

70592: Salvage M.E.C.

med_gallery_4757_303_140099.jpg

70593: The Green NRG Dragon

med_gallery_4757_303_5904.jpg

70594: The Lighthouse Siege

med_gallery_4757_303_57444.jpg

70595: Ultra Stealth Raider

med_gallery_4757_303_269558.jpg

70596: Samurai X Cave

gallery_4757_303_64580.png

Edited by Peppermint_M

Here's the place to discuss Ninjago 2016 news, and sets. All show related discussion should go to the Multimedia area.

I have pictures from the Hageman's Twiiter account but cannot upload them from mobile. To give a breif description, one is of a pirate flag that has a skull and crossed sword topped with a rice hat, the other is of Sensei's face which is captioned "Wu Crew"...do I smell Pirates?

Please, please LEGO, give us a Captain Soto minifig... :cry_happy:

X marks the spot! :wink:

Pirates?

Pirates is and odd choice since we just got a Pirates theme this year.

It seems they are running out of ideas.

Not until they fight man-eating robot rat dog alien hybrids with dragon wings and fish fins while our heroes are wearing sumo wrestling singlets.

Edited by Thelegomaster

I posted this in the "Future of Ninjago" thread, but I will also put it here given that it looks like 2016 will in fact be "Ninja's vs Pirates".

The flag posted in the Hageman's twitter feed looks to be a Lego set piece. It is definitely plastic and the right side of the piece looks to have been strategically omitted from the pic. You can see part of the persons fingertip in the middle of the right side of the pic and I am guessing that the rest of the piece consists of attachment posts. I believe this is a flag that would attach on to a ship or vehicle.

Keep tabs on the SDCC panel today. I think that the twitter posts are teasers for more info at SDCC today!

I've always been in the camp that ideas are an inexhaustible resource. They don't simply "run out". LEGO has enough bright minds at their disposal that they could probably keep ANY theme going indefinitely if it continued to sell the way Ninjago's been selling. When themes end, it's generally because they exhaust their momentum, not because they exhaust their ideas.

I suppose you might be able to make a case for certain movie-based themes "running out of ideas" if all the iconic scenes from the source material have been recreated and it's too soon to release new sets based on those same scenes. But themes like Ninjago are a different case entirely, because all it takes for LEGO to introduce new ideas into the theme is to write them into new scenes in the ongoing story.

Not only would pirates be something fairly new for Ninjago (there was a "Pirates vs. Ninja" episode back in season two, but it was a one-off rather than a full story arc), but chances are any Ninjago pirate wave would have a decidedly different flavor than the pirates theme from this year. It would be able to take full advantage of the Ninjago theme's Asian influences as well as its playful anachronism.

Perhaps to tie in with the "skull and crossbones" motif, this arc could revisit the Skulkin faction just as this year's first wave revisited the Serpentine. But it's just as possible this might be the set debut of Captain Soto and his crew. And if this year is any indication, there's no reason a pirate story arc would have to last all year. They could move on to a different story arc in the summer.

My brother just recently played through most of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, so needless to say I'd be totally geared up for one of my favorite themes to go on a seafaring adventure!

If just2good confirms it, we're golden!

I just hope that it's Soto's crew though.

It seem Lego is being a bit more lenient with "human"-to-"human" battle (Tournament of Elements would be the first sign).

EDIT:

. :pir-sweet::jollyroger: Edited by Penkid11

Really excited for pirates! I found the regular pirates sets this year to be a bit bland. Hopefully Ninjago will add some interesting flavor to it.

I sense that we will get a brand-new Destiny's Bounty next year redesigned as a proper ship for water (probably why this year's was its "final flight", because it won't be flying anymore).

Edited by EZNetwork

It seem Lego is being a bit more lenient with "human"-to-"human" battle (Tournament of Elements would be the first sign).

I can't imagine anything other than human-sea monsters mutants with strange arms and medusa legs dressed as pirates with rice hats. But we'll see.

What does J2G know that we don't? :)

Everything?

What does J2G know that we don't? :)

Plenty, apparently. Of course, due to recent events with his YouTube Channel, it is perfectly fine if he keeps quiet. :pir-wink: Besides, we'll be fully informed in no-time.

Hot damn! Lego makes my dreams a reality! Ninjas vs. Marvel's mightiest mutants! It was just a matter of time.

Seriously, tho. I'd love the ninjas to go up against some salty pirate types. I really need a No-Eyed Pete to round out me Mssterbuilder crew. Metal beard can't navigate the Seacow all on his onesies!

We already know designs for new ninja minifigure suits. Watch ninjago episode 52 "Grave Danger". Also, it looks like they are 40 years old in that reflection of future, which makes me think this pirate year is going to be the last year with sets for TV series. The TV show will end in 2016, so sets after that can be based on The Ninjago Movie.

"There may be a new ninja next season." Thabks Hageman brothers!!! Also I don't want this to be the last season...I'll have nothing to do after that...just kidding...kinda

Also the owner of BrickFan said they is something bigger and badder than the Overlord.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

Also the owner of BrickFan said they is something bigger and badder than the Overlord.

Retcon. Overlord is supposed to be the god of destruction and source of anything evil. Do you have a link for that because I can't find any new post on Brick fan?

We already know designs for new ninja minifigure suits. Watch ninjago episode 52 "Grave Danger".

No

This is a look in the future, by but by no means did they imply that this is how they will look next season.

Also, it looks like they are 40 years old in that reflection of future, which makes me think this pirate year is going to be the last year with sets for TV series.

No

You really processed that entire scene wrong.

The TV show will end in 2016, so sets after that can be based on The Ninjago Movie.

And, again, no.

No one has ever said the TV show will end in 2016, just so that the Ninjago movie can have it's hay-day. It's foolish to not continue marketing such a successful series, especially if the movie turns out as good as The Lego Movie was. In fact, I truly believe that was an issue with the Lego Movie. They could have really marketed the heck out of it and make it extremely relevant to Lego as a whole.

It's on Alan's Twitter, I don't remember how to spell his last name.

Just look up @tormentalous

Edited by Penkid11

Retcon. Overlord is supposed to be the god of destruction and source of anything evil. Do you have a link for that because I can't find any new post on Brick fan?

Overlord was basically presented as the ultimate evil in Ninjago (though i don't know if it was said in those words), but now that we know there are other realms, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a greater evil. Or who knows, maybe some other evil force in Ninjago can somehow attain even greater evil power now that the Overlord isn't in the picture anymore.

NinjaGo hasn't been a huge favorite of mine, however I do love some of the sets, the snakes are awesome and the ideas are crazy (Snake cult and ghosts), but it's about damn time for LEGO to realize the huge fanbase for Ninjas vs Pirates! :)

This is the pic we are talking about. It's on the "Future of Ninjago" thread, but I think we need it here too:

CJqIjI4UYAAT9hp.jpg