6 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Stone Armor Cole is free at US Toys 'R' Us stores this week with a $30 LEGO purchase. Ninjago, Elves, and Speed Champions are also 20% off this week. I'm probably gonna take advantage of this opportunity by getting the Samurai X Cave Chaos set sometime in the next few days.

Still wondering whether there's any chance of a Target minifigure gift set this year… the past two years' cubes have had pretty great Ninjago minifigures, and while all five Stone Warrior ninja costumes are available now, there are plenty of other cool costumes in the show that still haven't appeared physically, like Skylor's new costume!

Thanks for the heads up on BZP! Picked up Black Knight Mech for $31 and was awarded Stone Armor Cole, First Order General, and A-Wing Pilot for my efforts. Not a bad haul, if I say so myself!

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

Thanks for the heads up on BZP! Picked up Black Knight Mech for $31 and was awarded Stone Armor Cole, First Order General, and A-Wing Pilot for my efforts. Not a bad haul, if I say so myself!

*huh*:thumbup: If only the Netherlands would have promotions like these... ever. :cry_sad:

Been rotating my displays, and dug up my bag of Ninjago stuff. I haven't bought any in -ages-, probably since the first year or two, and only have a few of the smallest sets. Thinking about picking up like one set to add parts from - but with a specific thought in mind. Any recent small-to-medium sets that people would recommend purely for architecture over gimmick? That is, more Ninja and less Go, as it were? I'm looking at things like Tiger Widow Island and the Airjitzu Battle Arena, stripping out the gimmicks and just using the building builds. Also hoping to find the Training Dojo polybag at some point...

2 hours ago, Ceir said:

Been rotating my displays, and dug up my bag of Ninjago stuff. I haven't bought any in -ages-, probably since the first year or two, and only have a few of the smallest sets. Thinking about picking up like one set to add parts from - but with a specific thought in mind. Any recent small-to-medium sets that people would recommend purely for architecture over gimmick? That is, more Ninja and less Go, as it were? I'm looking at things like Tiger Widow Island and the Airjitzu Battle Arena, stripping out the gimmicks and just using the building builds. Also hoping to find the Training Dojo polybag at some point...

Both of those are pretty good sets architecturally, and would probably go well with stuff you'd bought from 2011. The Lighthouse Siege is this year's other big architectural set. It's got a lot of traps and stuff but they're fairly well hidden. It might be a bit outside your price range, though.

If saving up for the Temple of Airjitzu is an option, I'd recommend that. Brilliant architecture and light on gimmicks.

10 hours ago, Ceir said:

Yeah, the one you mention here and the Lighthouse Siege are indeed the ones to get, I think. Maybe the City of Stixx set, Enter the Serpent and Dojo Showdown are interesting to you as well. 

On another note, I managed to get a sealed Stone Armor Cole for 6 euros at Brickmania Antwerp (it's hardly obtainable in Europe)! I'm loving this figure, the expression is really nice and the leg printing in particular is incredibly versatile for combos. :wub:  

On 28-10-2016 at 11:30 PM, Exetrius said:

Speaking of which.. I still want this polybag: 5004391-1: Sky Pirates Battle. :look: Anyone know at what occasion or store it is/was available?

Didn't get a response to this question, but I found a clue today while casually browsing Twitter. :grin: It appears briefly in the following video from LEGOLAND California: https://youtu.be/mVZRFcUDnjk?t=1m10s

I assume that you can get it there then. Still, if anyone knows more places to get it, I'd be glad to hear from you!

My Dad surprised me by getting me Misfortunes Keep for Christmas. I won't be able to build it till after new years but I will update my opinions on it once I have.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

My Dad surprised me by getting me Misfortunes Keep for Christmas. I won't be able to build it till after new years but I will update my opinions on it once I have.

I too am sitting on Misfortune's Keep for sometime in the future. Currently in the process of building the Morro Dragon, and ogling over the Stone Armor Jay I got for Christmas (stone armor ninja complete!).

Ended up building Misfortune's Keep. Quite an entertaining build as it's been some time since I last build a large Lego brick built set. 

Love the design of the ship and how it all came together. Lloyd's flyer not so much. Seems kinda slapped together last minute to meet a certain piece count. Would have appreciated another Sky Pirate instead.

One bonus I can take from this set is I get another glorious gunmetal grey pirate hook.:wub_drool:

I won't be keeping it together as I don't have the shelf space. But I did get some more parts for future mocs. Including some more black brackets that I was really low on.