TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

Series 8 is better than 9, but they are a nice bunch of cheap pieces, as usual

The Ninja ones look weird...

The little evil buisnessman nixel is cute. I also love how many rare parts they've included in this series. Those horns in the sensei's beard are relatively uncommon, amongst other things. Plus, orange gold bars work remarkably well for segmentation.

Edited by DraikNova

Sweepz is a rat! That's fantastic!

In my opinion, these upcoming figures aren't too impressive, but I'll still pick 'em up.

Speaking of picking things up, got Camillot, Tapsy, and Busto today. All pretty cool, but Tapsy is easily my favorite.

That would've been nice, but he just uses the light grey piece.

Ah, I see. While that is a bit bad parts-wise (getting this new piece as often as possible without buying multiples would be good), it's for the better for the set itself, as the poseability of Kuff's left arm would've been more restricted that way.

EDIT: Ohmygod the Nixel that comes with the doctor Mixels looks heartwrenching adorable. I thought the Ninja Nixel would become my favourite of the bunch, but this poor little fellow beats him.

Edited by ZORK64

Woah... the animated characters for TV ones are looking good but many of their builds are just bad as they don't looks as their cartoon counterparts...

I direct you to early G1 Transformers, having figures look nothing like the character is nothing new

Woah... the animated characters for TV ones are looking good but many of their builds are just bad as they don't looks as their cartoon counterparts...

The figure designs come before the cartoon designs, so them not matching is a fault of the animated versions, if anything—not the other way around.

It seems a bit weird that the mix and murp pages on the site only show the confirmed downloads, thought all the others might have been put up by now?

Loving this years batch getting funky, wonder when they will stop the series, I have over 120 mixcels now its getting a bit mad.

Funny find today - there's a shop out there using LDD models for stand-in images for the new Mixels :laugh:

JaV9lxO.png

Funny find today - there's a shop out there using LDD models for stand-in images for the new Mixels :laugh:

JaV9lxO.png

Hah! That's hilarious thinking that someone spent the time to make LDD mockups and not just use the (easily searchable) official images... :laugh:

Edited by legozebra

Hah! That's hilarious thinking that someone spent the time to make LDD mockups and not just use the (easily searchable) official images... :laugh:

It could easily have been the persons personal choice to do it that way. Both adorable and cute

It could easily have been the persons personal choice to do it that way. Both adorable and cute

Very true... They're cute nonetheless but really odd product images

Does anyone know when the next series will be available?

Maybe soon.

It's May. :P

Edited by CM4Sci

We've had Series 9 names for a while now. I have high-quality images of all of them; I'll add them to Brickset's database quick and then embed them here after.

EDIT:

41572 Gobbol

41572-1.jpg?201604200740

41573 Sweepz

41573-1.jpg?201604200740

41574 Compax

41574-1.jpg?201604200740

41575 Cobrax

41575-1.jpg?201604200740

41576 Spinza

41576-1.jpg?201604200740

41577 Mysto

41577-1.jpg?201604200740

41578 Screeno

41578-1.jpg?201604200740

41579 Camsta

41579-1.jpg?201604200740

41580 Myke

41580-1.jpg?201604200740

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Mysto seems to have a joint piece on his cap. You can strike some nice poses with it!

The trashies are absoutly my favorite tribe. I always loved trash themed monsters and Gobbol is perfect. I wonder how MAX will look!

Edited by Lordofdragonss