Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

Bionicle Skull Villain Alternate Builds

Most of us are eagerly waiting for leaks and I thought I post some pics here in the meantime and showcase my alternate builds of the summer wave. No major changes, just a little more black here and there to have more of a cohesion as a villain team. As I'm not really fond of the two newer skull masks, I also used the skull spider mask on each model. (Pictures are awful in quality, but options are limited as far as photos go.)

warrior.png

basher.png

I envisioned Skull Basher and Skull Warrior as counterparts of Kopaka and Gali, respectively, so I swapped the color schemes and gave Grinder's build to Basher to match Kopaka in size.

grinder.png

In return, Grinder got the build (in effect, the legs) of this year's larger combination model.

scorpio.png

I also really liked VBBN's modifications to Scorpio, so I went with that.

slicer.png

Comments and criticism are welcome. Folder when it becomes public.

Edited by wghost

Without opening a new topic for it, here are the new revisions to my modded skull army. For the mermaid-looking skull villain the credit goes to Logan McOwen and his siren MOC: I thought it was a great idea and that a similar character would make a better fitting adversary of Gali. Without much further comment, their height were increased considerably as some of them use the newer torso bone.

skull_.png

skull_02.png

skull_03.png

skull_04.png

skull_05.png

skull_army.png

skull_army02.png

Edited by wghost

these are pretty nice, I remember doing mods of my own with these guys, although, I don't have them near me, but I based the ice one kind of off 01 kopaka, at least personality wise, so more of a lone skeleton archer, basher was always my favorite, between that function and purple :D

Here's my mods, I didn't do skull warrior because I like him too much

skull_slicer_by_antak3000-dai9l8f.jpg

Slicer got actual armor, no more trans orange, and an extra sword. He looks pretty good without all the gaps

skull_spider_mask_by_antak3000-dai9kqw.j

I kept LoSS basic design but beefed him up and adjusted the build on its legs to fit in a pair of mandibles that can actually grab stuff. He's also got a socket on his back for the Golden Spider Mask. Armor plates slide over the socket when the mask is taken out.

skull_basher_by_antak3000-dai9kef.jpg

I also got rid of basher's transparent orange and made his axes more interesting. I gave him the minotaur legs I saw from a user here. I'm really sorry, but I can't seem to find the picture.

scorpio_mask_by_antak3000-dai9jxj.jpg

Scorpio got the most attention, with a fully articulated tail, fully articulated legs, better pincers, and a new admittedly less fun tail rubber band gimmick. But he looks AWESOME

kulta_pose_by_antak3000-dai9k1m.jpg

Kulta got longer legs and arms, a much better sword that can store on his back, animation style, the gaps in his torso were filled in, and there are 3 friction gears in each shoulder now.