The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

I thought he still subconsciously remembered her as somebody in his life but only vaguely?

He can remember her name and their adventures but he can't remember who she is, how she talked, what she looks like etc..., although it is implied at the end that when he plays 'Clara's theme' on the guitar it is his subconscious trying to remind him who Clara is. It is also said that when memories are forgotten they become stories. It isn't the same as remembering someone though; the Doctor still doesn't know who Clara is beyond a name and their adventures in the same way Donna Noble doesn't remember the Doctor (although she can't even remember his name, so it could work differently to human beings compared to Time Lords).

He can remember her name and their adventures but he can't remember who she is, how she talked, what she looks like etc..., although it is implied at the end that when he plays 'Clara's theme' on the guitar it is his subconscious trying to remind him who Clara is. It is also said that when memories are forgotten they become stories. It isn't the same as remembering someone though; the Doctor still doesn't know who Clara is beyond a name and their adventures in the same way Donna Noble doesn't remember the Doctor (although she can't even remember his name, so it could work differently to human beings compared to Time Lords).

ahhh okay that makes sense!

Class was amazing! 

Spoiler

The Weeping angles are back! Their appearance in the episode was good, just at the end when you expected it least. I think April having the Shadow Kin's body is great and poses an interesting storyline. As does Tanya and Ram having to cope with deaths of their parents. From the look of things these are the angels which snap your necks! Really looking forward to the next series.

Yes Class really leaves a bit of a cliff hanger. Just watched the last episode today. 

Spoiler

I wonder if the Weeping Angels/ the Arrival will be the storyline of Doctor Who Season 10? Anyway, I can't wait for the next season of Class!!! I wonder what will happen with April now? Any ideas?

On 12/6/2016 at 8:48 AM, JACKATTACKS said:

Yes Class really leaves a bit of a cliff hanger. Just watched the last episode today. 

Hide contents

I wonder if the Weeping Angels/ the Arrival will be the storyline of Doctor Who Season 10? Anyway, I can't wait for the next season of Class!!! I wonder what will happen with April now? Any ideas?

I don't think they'd set up a storyline for Series 10 in the spinoff.

9 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't think they'd set up a storyline for Series 10 in the spinoff.

Although it's unlikely it depends on when these things are set. If Series 2 of Class is designed to take place during Series 10 of DW, it's possible that they interlock with each other. Not as in the Doctor popping up in Class, but events in DW affecting Class characters and visa versa. So for example, if an event like the Forest of the Night happens in DW that will affect our heroes in Class (as an example). 

On 12/7/2016 at 6:09 PM, Tariq j said:

Although it's unlikely it depends on when these things are set. If Series 2 of Class is designed to take place during Series 10 of DW, it's possible that they interlock with each other. Not as in the Doctor popping up in Class, but events in DW affecting Class characters and visa versa. So for example, if an event like the Forest of the Night happens in DW that will affect our heroes in Class (as an example). 

The BBC can't do that because it would require viewers to have prior knowledge of events in Class and not everyone has the internet. It would be against the Charter.

17 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I was wondering if anyone else's PBS station plays the Tom Baker: Dr. Who "movies" (on Saturday evenings). 

I wish!  When I was a young man Saturday Doctor Who was part of my regular routine, first with THE Doctor, Tom Baker, and later Peter Davison and Colin Baker.

17 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Rumours going around at the moment that Bill is a lesbian. Personally I think that would be a strong move for the show.

Why?  There have been lots of gay characters in Who.

Today a fan was punched by an autograph dealer whilst trying to get David Tennant's autograph. The man was left shaken by the encounter and believes it was his last opportunity to tell Mr Tennant how much he had been inspired by him to take up acting. 

As the Whovian community we all need to come together and try to ensure this poor man gets his chance to tell his idol how much he means to him - because why should a cruel autograph dealer motivated by his own financial gain spoil it for a genuine fan of the show? 

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/st...69096814637057

I am going to start a petition at some point. It would be nice if we could try and help right this.
28 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

Why?  There have been lots of gay characters in Who.

Not many gay companions.

24 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:
Today a fan was punched by an autograph dealer whilst trying to get David Tennant's autograph. The man was left shaken by the encounter and believes it was his last opportunity to tell Mr Tennant how much he had been inspired by him to take up acting. 

As the Whovian community we all need to come together and try to ensure this poor man gets his chance to tell his idol how much he means to him - because why should a cruel autograph dealer motivated by his own financial gain spoil it for a genuine fan of the show? 

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/st...69096814637057

I am going to start a petition at some point. It would be nice if we could try and help right this.

Not many gay companions.

This sounds mighty suspicious to me.

As far as gay companions: Jack Harkness, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint, Mike Yates, etc.

never mind my first question.

anyway, what will the ratings be after a few episodes (depending on how the fans react).  

Edited by goalieboy82

Woohoo Female Doctor! I'm excited!

I am surprised and disgusted though at the level of misogyny leveled at Jodie and the BBC by some of these fans. Its one thing to not like the pick of that particular actress but most of the comments i've read are strictly due to her gender and sex.

I really don't care if it's a woman or a man. I just feel they picked the right person to be the next Doctor.

Agreed, she's a good choice and I think with Chris Chibnall coming in it's good to see a fresh start for the show.

I'm just glad it isn't Kris Marshal , no offence intended but he feels too bland to be the doctor.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I'm going to risk sounding un-PC but considering there was absolutely not evidence that I'm aware of that the doctor is bi until like literally this last episode where he admitted a man-crush (in like 40whatever years of history) it seems forced.

So is this new female doctor going to have a male romantic love interest because she's female? Or will she still be attracted to the occasional female? I'm curious about the sexuality of the new Doctor.

I wouldn't care if there wasn't already that history. Considering none of his incarnations have changed sexuality (apparently) despite the personality changes (I might be wrong, haven't watched all the ridiculous amount of episodes) I wouldn't want it to change now just because he will be female now.

I don't really care that the Doctor will be female. I'm more excited for the new showrunner. Muppet sucked IMO. He was good as a non-showrunner and on some episodes but his grand ideas ALWAYS fizzled and were ALWAYS ridiculous and made no sense.

Edited by BrickG