Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

For anyone planning on updating Endor Luke and Captain Panaka, here's a quick photoshop of how they'll look:

23r5p9w.jpg2wheees.jpg

Here's a couple I found of Luke, Biggs Darklighter, Wedge Antilles, Jek Porkins and Zev Senesca (all credit to Snowspeeder Pilot here)

DSCN6240_zpsefe66e4b.jpg

DSCN6241_zpsbc4f9a06.jpg

DSCN6257_zps499e7ab7.jpg

DSCN6258_zps656061d1.jpg

I wonder how Endor Luke would look if you gave him a Endor Rebel helmet?

Edited by IronFish

I wonder how Endor Luke would look if you gave him a Endor Rebel helmet?

He looks great. I put a green cape on him to complete the look

I love the kind of detailing we're getting on minifigs these days. I'm just a bit afraid that they may continue taking further steps when it comes to minifig printing,

to the point of there being printing nearly everywhere. But I'm just kinda hoping it won't ever go that far, so the current figures will always fit in with future ones.

Either way, great job on these, everyone - it seems I must amass an army of Rebel Pilots (new ones, since they look fantastic, I can tell),

and try some of those, too.

I like the updated Wedge you made IronFish!

Thanks! I can't really find a head that looks good when he's wearing a helmet though.

Here's a minor Nahdar Vebb update with new printed legs (I think I mentioned it earlier, but hadn't taken a pic yet)

18531256124_5b88c02469.jpg

An idea I had was to give the newest general grievous the old grievous' cape since the new one does not come with his cape.

I'm not sure a cape will fit on him though, I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Darth_Brick360

An idea I had was to give the newest general grievous the old grievous' cape since the new one does not come with his cape.

I'm not sure a cape will fit on him though, I haven't tried it yet.

I've tried it with a regular cape, and it fits, but looks a little sillyvg7Of85.jpg

I've tried it with a regular cape, and it fits, but looks a little silly

<snip>

Yeah, it does look kind of silly

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures.

Yeah, it does look kind of silly

it might work with one of the new capes that are popping up in superheroes sets, but I don't think any of them are long enough.

For Endor Luke, his camouflage outfit is different in color than of Leia's. His would be grey or dark tan.

For Endor Luke, his camouflage outfit is different in color than of Leia's. His would be grey or dark tan.

maybe you can use Qui-Gon's poncho in the Sith Infiltrator.

Can anyone think of a face for ki adi mundi that would make him look realistic instead of the clone wars version

LotR Theoden could work (he's the only one with similar facial hair I can think of), but you'd need to erase one of the faces. :sceptic:

Is there a face (fleshie, black moustache) to use for Biggs?

(Yes, I've seen Bard's face being used; folks removed the beard/sideburns, but I'd prefer a face I don't have to remove anything)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Is there a face (fleshie, black moustache) to use for Biggs?

(Yes, I've seen Bard's face being used; folks removed the beard/sideburns, but I'd prefer a face I don't have to remove anything)

I don't think so... Hence people using Bard's. Most alternatives would require removing beards, too.

Those Wedge and Biggs figs look fantastic! No pictures yet, but I've done some quick and simple head swaps to update the Han and Luke celebration figures (with heads from the Mos Eisley set), Han and Luke Stormtroopers - Imperial Transport Stormies with Mos Eisley Luke and Han heads.

What I don't understand is that they have the figure on the left for X-Wing pilots, which looks more recent and far more detailed but was released in 2014,

while they use the figure on the right for snowspeeder pilots, which was released this year and doesn't look as good. Weren't the orange pilot suits all the same in the films,

whether worn by an X-Wing pilot or a snowspeeder pilot?

sw544.jpgsw607.jpg?1

I like the differentiation. I think it makes it clearer who are Snowspeeder pilots and who are X/Y Wing Pilots. From a marketing standpoint, it gives LEGO a chance to produce more figures, too. I'd love if they made a puff orange collar piece for Snowspeeder pilots to wear, though.

What I don't understand is that they have the figure on the left for X-Wing pilots, which looks more recent and far more detailed but was released in 2014,

while they use the figure on the right for snowspeeder pilots, which was released this year and doesn't look as good. Weren't the orange pilot suits all the same in the films,

whether worn by an X-Wing pilot or a snowspeeder pilot?

Not exactly... X-wing pilots wore orange jumpsuits. On Hoth, they wore orange jackets with big, puffy collars over the jumpsuits. Because it was cold, y'know. :laugh:

Comparison:

ESBLuke01.jpgReview_LukeSkywalkerXwing_still.jpg

Not exactly... X-wing pilots wore orange jumpsuits. On Hoth, they wore orange jackets with big, puffy collars over the jumpsuits. Because it was cold, y'know. :laugh:

Comparison:

*snip*

Yeah, but the difference shouldn't be too large when it comes to LEGO figures.

But I guess it's mostly because I really like the X-Wing pilot minifig much better and would prefer to see them using those,

maybe just swapping the black hands for white ones as the only difference, because you don't see much of a difference on the collars anyway.

The X-Wing pilot even seems to be better packed and looks closer to having a jumpsuit than the actual snowspeeder pilot (minifig-wise), if you ask me.

Edited by General Magma

Yeah, but the difference shouldn't be too large when it comes to LEGO figures.

But I guess it's mostly because I really like the X-Wing pilot minifig much better and would prefer to see them using those,

maybe just swapping the black hands for white ones as the only difference, because you don't see much of a difference on the collars anyway.

The X-Wing pilot even seems to be better packed and looks closer to having a jumpsuit than the actual snowspeeder pilot (minifig-wise), if you ask me.

That's because the X-wing pilot HAS a jumpsuit. The printing on the Snowspeeder pilot indicates the jacket by also not having a gray vertical strap at the bottom...because the jacket goes on over the gray harness straps (and over the jumpsuit) in the movie costume, as the movie photos show (tho that Snowspeeder Luke pic seems to be lacking the gray harness entirely...)

Also, the unique collar's more apparent on the back for the Snowspeeder pilots...

973pb1316c01.jpg

Edited by Venkefedo