I want to do a picture of a scout trooper on a speeder bike, but I don't know how to do motion blur. I want to add motion blur to an already taken picture. Does anyone know how to do this?

Print out the photo and then take a photo of you moving the photo... :laugh:

You win 10 internet points... that is all :D

You win 10 internet points... that is all :D

That is all I deserve...

I want to do a picture of a scout trooper on a speeder bike, but I don't know how to do motion blur. I want to add motion blur to an already taken picture. Does anyone know how to do this?

If you have photoshop, there is a blur filter called "motion blur". I imagine that the GIMP has something similar. If you want to make one part of the image normal and blur the rest, you could select the area you want to remain normal, invert the selection and apply the filter. Or you could separate the image into layers and apply the filter on the appropriate layers. I don't know how to do it with other software, and I checked Flickr but Aviary doesn't have that type of function.

That's tickled me silly :laugh::thumbup:

So here's more! Today we're celebrating stuff, long long awaited stuff...

25183456943_bff5104ef9_b.jpg

If you have a decent picture already, you could send it to me and I can put one on for you. Half the community seems to have a copy of photoshop, and doesn't hurt to ask.

pittpenguin: Hahaha! Now I cannot unsee that happening in the movie!

Rey: um.... Is that a dre...

Luke: NO! ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! Now let me jump on your back so i can train you in the ways of a jedi!

At first glance thought Luke had Rey's Torso on. Would have been awkward for Luke to explain...

Yeah, I know. I'm not glad with that, but it's the best torso I had. It's the one from Obi wan, from the set 9494, with changed colours (with photoshop).

hackiroku: Great photo as always!

Thanks!

25905969015_2759ac90af_c.jpgDon't let these thugs scare you by hachiroku24, en Flickr

what if you make it a lighter tan and white not grey?

It's not easy to transform a dark colour to a lighter colour.

I painted the torso with white, but over tan colour, it looks grey.

If you have a decent picture already, you could send it to me and I can put one on for you. Half the community seems to have a copy of photoshop, and doesn't hurt to ask.

But how many of them actually paid for the right to use Photoshop? I am willing to bet a few here has illegal downloaded copy. :innocent: The last legal version I had was Photoshop 5 for Macintosh. I've relied on free version like Gimp since then, it works and if they start watching download sites, I won't be hit with penalty like RIAA lawsuit about 10 years ago.

Looks excellent!

As always, your photos and effects are very good, I also like the Speeder Bike photo.

But how many of them actually paid for the right to use Photoshop? I am willing to bet a few here has illegal downloaded copy. :innocent:

You can get it for a fairly cheap subscription or student price, if you use it a lot it's very affordable. You can use the entire Adobe suite for not much, and always have the latest version... No need to drop x-hundred dollars anymore.

But what if it'd be something that get used maybe 1 hour per week and mostly for resizing, editing out background, and other stuff? Nearly everything could also be done with Microsoft Paint which is free and comes with Windows for a few decades now. The more advanced stuff is rarely used like filters, shifting colors, brightness and contrast changing, etc.

At my point, Gimp is better because if I were to break down Photoshop usage, it would end up being about $2-$3 per hour for very "easy" stuff.