darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I would really like to see a return of the 'textured' printing on boxes. My boxes for the Y-Wing starfighter, Naboo Fighter and Vulture Droid, TIE Interceptor and 6205 V-Wing fighter all have different levels of glossiness which gives a fantastic layering effect. All the ships (and the vulture droid) have an extra layer of glossy printing over them compared to the background which is slightly rougher and more matte. I've noticed on all the current boxes, it's just plain shiny all over. I much prefer the 'layered' printing, and I hope to see it come back. It just adds nice highlights to the sets' feature items.

I liked that feature as well. I know they still have the capability to do it, since 6212 still has it.

I liked that feature as well. I know they still have the capability to do it, since 6212 still has it.

I bet that feature costs more money though. If anything, TLG is looking to cut down on box prices even more by asking us how we would feel about smaller boxes.

I'd rather have sone extra pieces over a fancier box, IMO.

I bet that feature costs more money though. If anything, TLG is looking to cut down on box prices even more by asking us how we would feel about smaller boxes.

While I too would take a better set over a fancy box, I think it would be neat if The LEGO Group were to use textured print for exclusive sets only.

I too, of course, would take the better set over the better box. I was just saying that I liked the feature and it still exists.

i agree we need Kaminoan minifigures and clone facility

Well wait until 2012 for the Clones sets. Or maybe one of the CW sets.

A Eco base style cloning lab.

I would see in 2012=

Mtt UCS Motorized

AAT from episode I

Gunggan sub

Republic Gunship from episode 2

Imperial At-St

Ewok Battle Pack

Imperial Battle Pack

Mini spider droid

Nef Royale

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser UCS

Tatooine with the cantina,anakin's house,a Hangar with a mini millenium falcon...

Tie Fighter which can transform into tie interceptor

Mandalorian Shuttle

Pursuit in coruscant

The Mynock

So I was just thinking since we saw Captain Rex and Commander Cody re-released into smaller sets from larger sets, that it would make sense if Commander Fox made his way back into a bigger, more expensive set. I don't really watch the Clone Wars, but for someone who does, what do you think he could re-appear in?

Tie Fighter which can transform into tie interceptor

A what? :wacko: Is there a Tie that can do this? I must have over looked while watching the movies or is one of those expanded univers vehicles?

A what? :wacko: Is there a Tie that can do this? I must have over looked while watching the movies or is one of those expanded univers vehicles?

No, there aren't any "transforming" TIEs in the films. :laugh: The closest thing I can think of in the Expanded Universe is the TIE Hunter with its opening S-foils.

Maybe he means a TIE set that includes both the hexagonal TIE/ln panels as well as the TIE/In panels. The ball cockpits of both ships are identical, so it's not a bad idea.

Delta-7, what is that in your avatar picture? It looks familiar.

That's a Mon Calamari Star Cruiser.

As for future sets; I'd like to see a tan AAT as well.

There's a good chance of that one happening. I just wonder how large it'd be. Perhaps a similair design to the CW version,

but in different colors and several changes made. If they will release another MTT this year for real, then I hope it's quite a bit bigger, as the CW version is too large as for minifig scale, comparing it to the 2007 MTT.

It is the MTT that should be enlarged, or the AAT that should be scaled down (when speaking of the same sizes as 2007 MTT and 2009 AAT).

~ General Magma

So I was just thinking since we saw Captain Rex and Commander Cody re-released into smaller sets from larger sets, that it would make sense if Commander Fox made his way back into a bigger, more expensive set. I don't really watch the Clone Wars, but for someone who does, what do you think he could re-appear in?

I personally don't think he appears enough to be put into another set. Just one or two episodes apart from the movie. And in those only for a couple of secons.

As for future sets; I'd like to see a tan AAT as well.

There's a good chance of that one happening. I just wonder how large it'd be. Perhaps a similair design to the CW version,

but in different colors and several changes made. If they will release another MTT this year for real, then I hope it's quite a bit bigger, as the CW version is too large as for minifig scale, comparing it to the 2007 MTT.

It is the MTT that should be enlarged, or the AAT that should be scaled down (when speaking of the same sizes as 2007 MTT and 2009 AAT).

As for an AAT, I don't think it's been long enough to have another one. Maybe when we get the Blu-ray release of TPM?

Jabba the Hutt must reappear in a star wars lego set and the rest of the Hutts as well. I love Tatooine and Jabba is a big part of the planet sooo I need him back. ANYWAY I would like to see some more senators seeing as we have about 4!

what about a cheap way to get the bountry hunters and reissue some of the that only apperad in one or two set basicly more set with boutry hunter

that whould be cool what about sets with minifigures that only appered in any of the games

i argee we need Kaminoan minifigures and clone facily

Jabba the Hutt must reappear in a star wars lego set and the rest of the Hutts as well. I love Tatooine and Jabba is a big part of the planet sooo I need him back. ANYWAY I would like to see some more senators seeing as we have about 4!

10XXX LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Display

Price: $300

Includes twenty minifigures and a big box made of transparent bricks to display them in. :sarcasm:*

While this call for minifigures isn't unjustified (much easier to MOC a starship or vehicle than a minifigure) we need The LEGO Group to keep making vehicles and starships so that the license stays alive and so that we can keep getting new elements and techniques.

10XXX LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Display

Price: $300

Includes twenty minifigures and a big box made of transparent bricks to display them in. :sarcasm:*

While this call for minifigures isn't unjustified (much easier to MOC a starship or vehicle than a minifigure) we need The LEGO Group to keep making vehicles and starships so that the license stays alive and so that we can keep getting new elements and techniques.

As we can see from most set re-desingsns is that it works. TLG ususlly makes inmprovemnts on existing vehicles which makes them desirable to buy even if you own the previous version. This is how they can keep the licence alive, as long as they do make them better. Thow in some new fig designd and everyone is happy. :classic:

I would like to see a UCS or new Jabbas sail barge as it is one of my favorite vehicles If any the figures could be Boba Luke, dazed Han, Leia, R2, C3PO and new Bib Fortuna and Jaba maybe two Skiffs and a Jabba's guard or two or a pilot .

Well, i'd like to share my thoughts, too... :wink:

Battle Packs (15 bucks):

Endor Rebel BP (2 rebel commandos, 1 commando officer, 1 Ewok and a brick-built tree)

Endor Impie BP (2 Stormtroopers, 1 Scouttrooper, 1 Navytrooper and a speeder bike)

Small sets (30-40 bucks):

Vulture droid starfighter (2-4 battle droids)

Battle of the Grass plains (1 Kaadu, 1 Gungan general, 1 Gungan soldier, 1 officer battle droid, 4 battle droids, 1 STAP)

some nondescript odd animated series stuff (2 sets or so)

Medium sets (50-60 bucks):

X-wing (Luke in Jedi dress, R2-D2, 1 mechanic, 1 pilot, and a repair crane)

TIE fighter (as announced)

Mos Eisley cantina (Han, Chewie, Greedo, Wuher, 1 Jawa, 1 smuggler, 1-2 new aliens, 1-2 Sandtroopers)

Homing spider droid (1 famous Jedi Master, 2 clones, 2 battle droids, 1 super battle droid, 1 Geonosian with wings)

AAT tank (battle droid commander, 2 battle droids, Jar Jar Binks, 2 Gungan warriors)

Big sets (around 100 bucks):

Theed palace (Queen Amidala, 2 Naboo Guards, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Nute Gunray, 1 Neimodian advisor, 2-4 battle droids)

Mos Espa (Wattoo, EP II Anakin, 2 traders/aliens, 1 farmer, 2-3 Sand people, Bantha and a speeder)

Huge sets (120-150 bucks):

Cloud City (Lando, Leia, Lobot, Boba Fett, Han [in Carbonite], C3-PO, Luke and a Cloud car) OR Jabba's palace with it's shady inhabitants

Imperial Star Destroyer (Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, 1 Imperial officer, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Navytroopers) OR big CIS ship with the usual suspects

I like that idea. In fact, I'd love to see more sets from The Force Unleashed period. A Kamino cloning facility or Raxus Prime playset would be fantastic!

I've played the force unleashed briefly on the PC. I can say the controls were horrible, it was generally a very lazy port from the Xbox, the gameplay was kind of fun as well as unlocking things like costumes (I like that kind of stuff, however it makes me look as a gamer :p) I didn't see much of the environments, just saw some general death star locale. But starkiller is a very poor character, the game has a very bald-space-marine-killing-things feel to it, it overshadows better games by being shallow for the masses and the crowning turd in the water pipe is that lucas has declared it canon.

I'd much rather see KOTOR or DF sets. When they had original designs they were much more interesting than the meathead looking robot linked above.

We've been through this before. EU sets, while desired by fans, simply don't sell well. At this point, anything other than a prominent vehicle isn't very realistic. Not to say you shouldn't wish for them, but...

As for minifigs vs. vehicles, I as an MOCer don't really care that much what TLG puts into their sets as far as vehicles are concerned as long as it's decently recognizable, but I agree, the useful new elements for MOCs come from vehicles for the most part, and we shouldn't just be wishing for sets because they'd include a certain minifig. It would probably make this thread a bit easier to read, too.

That's a Mon Calamari Star Cruiser.

Specifically, Thomas Benedikt's Home One.

Good God! That's made of LEGO?! :oh:*oh2*

I knew it was a Mon Calamari design, but I didn't recognize the Home One from that angle. :blush:

Back on topic:

Vulture droid starfighter (2-4 battle droids)

I think this is a really good idea. The droid starfighter isn't my favorite design, but 7111 was small, solid, swooshable, and cheap - an ideal set for army builders and KFOLs alike. A droid battlepack with a droid starfighter and a droideka instead of a weird Platoon Attack Craft ripoff would be superb.

Huge sets (120-150 bucks):

Cloud City (Lando, Leia, Lobot, Boba Fett, Han [in Carbonite], C3-PO, Luke and a Cloud car) OR Jabba's palace with it's shady inhabitants

Imperial Star Destroyer (Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, 1 Imperial officer, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Navytroopers) OR big CIS ship with the usual suspects

I may be in the minority on this one, but if they do Cloud City again I would expect no less that the same design as the Death Star ($400). Besides, only this price range would provide all the figures I'd expect.

The Usual Suspects: (9)

Lando, Leia, Luke, Vader, Han (w/ carbonite), Boba Fett, C-3P0, R2, Chewie

Extras: (7)

Lobot, Bespin guard(2), Ugnaught(2), E-3P0, Cloud Car Pilot

Edited by StoutFiles