32 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Ok here is the set alot of us star wars fans have been waiting for! The 7666 Hoth Rebel Base! *wub*

First the box

hothb001.jpg

hothb002.jpg

Now the great minifigs!

img_0405.jpg

That stunning K-3po fig!

img_0408.jpg

Now the snowspeeder!

img_0409.jpg

img_0410.jpg

img_0411.jpg

AAAAGGGHHHHH these parts are all stickers!

img_0412.jpg

Now for the turret! the 2 cones on the side press in to fire out 2 blue lights saber blades :-D

img_0413.jpg

img_0414.jpg

Now for the small crane thingy. Yes the part under the engine on the snowspeeder is another sticker 8-|

img_0415.jpg

img_0416.jpg

Echo Base!! (well the front door anyway :-D )

img_0417.jpg

img_0418.jpg

The main control room? :-D Again these are stickers on a tinted clear panel and on the slope |-/

img_0419.jpg

img_0420.jpg

I have no idea what this is meant to be! :-D

img_0421.jpg

Finally 2 shots of the full set! *wub*

img_0422.jpg

img_0423.jpg

Well over all i really like this set and think it is great value for money. The minifigs alone would set you back more than the cost of this set. The build time was a good 2 hours or so and was good fun! The snowspeeder is not as good as the second snowspeeder and no where near as good as the first in my opinion, but i did love that first one. The k-3po fig is perfect and it is good to be getting more droids that aren't r2-d2 and c-3po. It is a shame about the stickers but that is the price of keeping the cost down i suppose (the only printed part in the whole set is the snowspeeder/x-wing windscreen). I will definately be getting atleast another 3 of this great set.

9/10

I love it.... depending on the Australian price! (If it comes down here that is.) Incidently, I have no idea what that other yellow thing is either! Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review!

I have no idea what this is meant to be! :-D

img_0421.jpg

That's to put the snowspeeder on (there should be a 2x4 plate underneath the snowspeeder that fits in that gap).

Thanks for the review!

That's to put the snowspeeder on (there should be a 2x4 plate underneath the snowspeeder that fits in that gap).

:-D Oh yeah!

all i can say is... WOW...

can't wait for my local stores to stock this!

Nice review btw :-)

Does the snowspeeder actually fit through the door? Thanks!

Edited by supernova

A very good review, thanks mutley777! *y*

Hmm, that shattered base looks better than I thought.... a very playable set, really nice.

For the Snowspeeder, I prefer the main gun design of its predecessor, but the grappling

hook gun is a good improvement. If the door would just be large enough for it.... :-P

don't worry guys, the snowspeeder fits through the door easily :-)

I thought after the King's Royal Castle uproar about stickers, Lego would have gone back to printed bricks. Obviously, it is all about costs these days and not about keeping people happy.

Mutley , did you bought it @ TRU? - Are there any other sets? exept of Hoth Base , and is there the republic cruiser?

I really had to restrain myself this morning! They had all the new star wars summer sets and republic cruiser too!!! There was a girl unpacking sets and saying to me, oh this ones just come in and this one :-D (showing me the republic cruiser, MTT, Jedi with hyperdrive ring, naboo star fighter and the hoth base)

I had to leave, or that would have ended up one very expensive morning :-D

Yep! Very reasonable *y*

not too bad ... might have to pick that up soon then, I will be in TRU in Southampton over the weekend ;)

I think I'll buy the bigger sets here and get the smaller ones in the USA later in the year. The smaller the boxes, the more chance I will have getting them in my suitcase ;)

I have to say, I am very glad we are now not getting a 1:1 ratio between the numbers used prices in USA vs UK (e.g. it is not longer

Excellent set. The snowtroopers are just amazing (most Lego imperial troops are really good). However, it's sad that except from Luke, all the rebels have the same face which is what is more the most unexpressive that you can find.

For the rest, the quality looks excellent. The snowspeeder is far better than the first they realized (but only one thing: it looks a bit too white to me. I think I remember they were grey and orange rather than white in the film) and the Echo Base door is really cool. Really nice set.

Edited by Lord Beckett

Nice review mutley *y*!

I agree with all your observations, especially stickers versus printed parts |-/!

I get some of this and replace the snowspeeders with my v.2

Ok here is the set alot of us star wars fans have been waiting for! The 7666 Hoth Rebel Base! *wub*

First the box

hothb001.jpg

Now I really don't know what to get for Christmas :-( :'-( .

THe Bi-wing baron or this!

And it's quoted because it says LIMITED EDITION?!?!?!

I may never get this set now :'-(

Man the stickers on everything are really starting to irritate me a lot.

I'm not sure I like the white 3P0, in a set that is primarily made up of whites. Doesn't stand out enough.

The snowspeeder looks a lot shorter than previous versions.

Steve