Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

Welcome to Bionicle!!

Ok we have 1 or 2 Bionicle fans here, ok more like 6 he he

So i thought Bionicle Finaly Deserved and Topic, so enjoy ;)

Its also Lego after all ;)

8762-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

what is that a pic of! :oD

anyway, i always thought bionicle should have its own topic. its all lego, it deserves equal of something or another... im shure the fans will enjoy this

Oh boy.................................

I really don't see the point of this. There are at least 2 other major Bionicle sites with forums, is it necessary for a third one?

Heh? When does Pirates deserve their own topic? There's over half a dosen Pirate threads now, opposed to the 2 Bioncle threads here!

Of course you could always make a Pirate and Viking forum!

hehe, now castle and pirate are togeather

I just noticed that. Actually that'll do fine. Seems fair enough to me!

I really don't see the point of this. There are at least 2 other major Bionicle sites with forums, is it necessary for a third one?

man, i know u dispise it, but cant u at least respect the people who like it? i dont want this to urn into a debate now...and anyway, this is i freindly site for all lego fans (i think ;) ) i think its perfecly fine for this new thread

Hey, 2 years ago, I was convinced Bionicle totally sucked. I am an AFOL with every single Castle set ever made + most of the good city / space /pirates/ underwater sets. Used to carefully build them with my kids, play a while, carefully put all the parts away ("DON'T STEP ON THOSE INSTRUCTIONS, JACKIE!!"), make sure all were accounted for, and build the next set.

3 months ago, for no reason other than that they sold a bunch of 5$ sets at TRU, we picked up a couple of bionicle boxes. Since then my kids can't get enough. They read the books, they write in bionicle language, they role play like crazy. They play Mata Nui on line. Nothing else lego-ish has ever caught their attention this much even though I have had them steeped in Duplo and Lego since before they could walk.

While the basic characters are totally lame to build, some of the bigger sets are fun and work cleverly. The ball joints open up MOC possibilities that could not even be considered before. You can build a bionicle MOC every bit as complex as the most complex lego castle. It doesn;t look as pretty as brick Lego (to my eye), but it does much more.

I, unlike some of the more rabid anti-Bionicle people on this board, am not afraid to say I was wrong.

This reminds me a lot of the old "mac" vs "PC" debates, or other such meaningless arguments over the years.

Peace people. If people on this board do not want bionicle in the discussion,the forum will die a natural death.

You could also argue that Eurobricks is so tiny compared to some of the big regular bricklego sites (Lugnet, 1000steine) that it should not exist either. But, obviously people have found a comfortable home here.

I, for one, will monitor the activity on this forum.

Gyl

man, i know u dispise it, but cant u at least respect the people who like it? i dont want this to urn into a debate now...and anyway, this is i freindly site for all lego fans (i think ;) ) i think its perfecly fine for this new thread

Ok, I didn't say people that like Bionicle shouldn't talk but there ARE already TWO MAJOR Bionicle sites with forums, why does Eurobricks need one? I really doubt it's necessary.

Oh, and just one final thing, I don't only judge Bionicle just by pictures, I actually received one as a present, it's one of them really old ones, called Lewa. So yes, I have seen sets in person, yes I am subscribed to the LEGO Magazine, yes I read the Bionicle Comics, yes and I watched and have both movies. If the Bionicle thing would have been made by another company, it would be ok but it's un-LEGO-like.

Howdy !

-giyman, you have it right ! I mirror both your experiences and conclusions. ;)

-Wolf, there is NO either OR debate here.

WE ,THE LEGO FANS, SHOULD ALL JUST JOIN HANDS :

dsc00511.jpg

bfs

Whoa, BFS, where do those parts come from?? Awesome selection. Is it just the photograph, or are they really shiny?

Nice.

Wolf - I have no particular love for the basic Toa and Matoran figures. The figure you mention is one of these. They are boring in and of themselves, but the kids love them for role playing. with 10 Toas you can build something intersting.

However, to see what Bionicle offers for an older kid, like me, get a hold of Bionicle 8811 (Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo) from 2004. Or from 2002 get the Boxor (2002). These give a better representation of the potential of Bionicle. Then, if you have 90$ sitting around get the Manas (8539) and see what you can do with 2 separate Technic motor blocks, each of which in turn have two independently turning motors, each of which in turn has two separate points of access (side and back), that can go either forward or backward at the press of a remote control button, with remotes that can either control a single motor or both motors simulatneously. And then see what you can think of building with that. Beats endless variations on Star Wars Millenium Falcon models.

Gyl

No offense but I'm a Classic Town kind-of-a-guy. I already have a small town set-up in the basement and once I don't feel lazy, I'll take some pictures. I was really interested in Technic and I have a couple of Technic sets but I got into the theme too late. I haven't bought a single LEGO set in at least a year. Parents say I'm too old and I've spent my money somewhere else (upgrading comp., new sound system, etc.) so it will be a while until I consider of buying any kind of LEGO set.

And I actually, those first Bionicle sets seemed much decent than the new ones. Yes, there were specialized pieces but not as much as in the new ones. And what I really don't like, is LEGO's lack of creativity. Everytime, I see the same old 6 "heroes" and 6 enemies, all in the same 6 basic colours just different pieces.

WOLF,

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR LEGO ! I'm probably older than your parents, I should scold them for their attitude ! Secondly, I agree with the remainder of your post 100% !

bfs

lego, to me, seems to be all ages...except duplo and such....

anyway, im glad theres a bionical forum here, then they dont have to leave this site to talk aboult the legos they like, people that like castle town, etc, have forums, bionical shall have one to then. i cant see how they are un-lego ish though...they are made by lego after all.

We wont be an Bionicle site like BZ etc (We do have an nice relations ship with them *satis*), its just that we had multiple people interest in them, so they should be able to talk also, like Castle, Star Wars, Pirats Etc...

I myself got the link to this fine site from PZPower.com. I love the variety here. I've been a bit of an outcast on BZP because in my "Bionicle" customs, I incorporate Galidor, Knights (full size),Space & System parts. They all work together wonderfully, its the way Lego intended it to be. :D

bfs

Well this is one Forum I won't be visiting... doh I just did :$

Just kidding, it's fine to liek bionicle

We wont be an Bionicle site like BZ etc (We do have an nice relations ship with them *satis*), its just that we had multiple people interest in them, so they should be able to talk also, like Castle, Star Wars, Pirats Etc...

Nice relationship? They take pride in torturing people who like LEGO sets other than Bionicle. Did you see with what pride they said that Vikings won't be coming this year? :P

Nice relationship? They take pride in torturing people who like LEGO sets other than Bionicle. Did you see with what pride they said that Vikings won't be coming this year? :P

[sarcasm]That comment was not hypocritical.[/sarcasm]

Any way, if BIONICLE fans did what you said, there would be no LGD forum on BZPower. I think the real problem is respect. if you don't like BIONICLE, don't post in the BIONICLE forum, saying how much you hate it. I agree with you that most BIONICLE pieces do not belong in Vikings or any other theme, but I think they do work sometimes.

That is exactly why persons like me (non Bionicle fans) need to see more excellent MOCs ;) Even if I am not a fan, I do appreciate great Lego "art" like bigfatslob's work.

So Bionicle fans keep posting your MOCs ;)

[sarcasm]That comment was not hypocritical.[/sarcasm]

Any way, if BIONICLE fans did what you said, there would be no LGD forum on BZPower. I think the real problem is respect. if you don't like BIONICLE, don't post in the BIONICLE forum, saying how much you hate it. I agree with you that most BIONICLE pieces do not belong in Vikings or any other theme, but I think they do work sometimes.

Dude, it was ended, the Bionicle flame war has ended. Why don't you read before and why are you pushing it?

How about the need for more complex Bionicle sets?

The first year Rahi sets had some excellent stuff, and the Boxor is a work of art. I haven't even begun to think of all the different things I can do with the Manas motors.

However, it seems that the more recent sets are dumbed down ( :) same old complaint, juniorization, don't matter if you you are a brickish person or a bionicloid).

I come more from the Technic side of things, building mechanical things, but I learned to appreciate the interesting things you can do with ball joints and really really steady feet.

I was kind of disappointed with the Bionicle "system" sets from 2005 - they are all the expensive ones fromthis year. It seems like Lego is trying to push the Bionicle audience towards integration with mainstream lego, which is fine and reasonable, but it woudl have been nice to have one mechanically interesting Bionicle set this year. You can only make so many humanoid or arachnoid figures, no matter how cool looking they are.

I am also not sure if the Bionicle audience will be interested in building Metro Nui - the nature of the playability of System Lego is very different than that of Bionicle.

Oh well, guess I'll have to make my own mechanically complex bionicle sets..... what should I try to make?

G

That pic DoubleT posted is Toa Iruini.

I love Bionicle!

Go see the trailer of the third Biomovie at dvdtoons.com