V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I'd say that's a good deal. Red rowboats aren't exactly common, and the other animals are always good to have.

Like with everything in life, it depends on how you look at it.

Here you got all of those for 25 bucks in one go. If you had to buy all those parts individually, odds are you'd have to buy from more than one seller, which would increase shipping costs and possibly cost you more than the 25.

If you really like the items then it's a good deal. Some people pay $25 for single ugly Star Wars and Harry Potter figures. Whatever makes you happy is best :)

Edited by DrNightmare

I know it isn't that great, but I picked up a sealed Pirate's Code game at the thrift store for $5. At least there is a lot of gems in it.

I think its a good deal considering you got that the rare shark with the shaw on it! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Greedo24

Scored the Red beard runner off bricklink and a BSB from ebay, the fleet is almost complete. :pir-sweet:

Edited by apps

I bought "Bounty Boat" (6247) and "Cannon Cove" (6266). Both from ebay-auctions.

6247 is in excelent condition for a used set. Minifigs look like the previous owner never played with it. There were even an extra sword and a revolver(!?) in the set.

6266 looks haevily played though. Set is more or less complete (the thin baseplate was replaced by 2 plates that are one brick high and the cannon is red instead of brown). On the two redcoats Torsos is the printing worn of and the pirate has black hair.

But since i got both for less than the cheapest used 6266 on bricklink (including shipping) it´s okidoki. :pir-sweet:

My fiancee got me the Pirate Brickmaster book from Costco (a store in the USA) as a gift. That's the book that comes with some bricks and a couple minifigures. Not the type of thing I would usually buy/want, but who am I to say "no" to pirate Lego? Hopefully she bought it at a marked-down price though. :kahuka:

I did not buy any but saw these at Walmart last night!8028724784_e668b78e78_z.jpg

AC

I wish I could find them! For some reason my Walmart refuses to go down below $70.

Sealed Imperial Flagship came in the mail yesterday, really going to have a hard time not opening it.

Edited by LegoDad

I just picked up a couple Pirates of the Caribbean sets today, on the last day of the current Toys 'R' Us BOGO:

4181 - Isla De Muerta

4192 - Fountain of Youth

... as well as some Series 8 Minifigures, including the Elizabethan thespian.

I've just managed to pick up a 4193 The London Escape at a 44% discount with free shipping from a large on-line retailer in the US. There's bargains out there - you've just got to keep looking.....

Edited by eurotrash

Please go take a look here:

http://www.eurobrick...6

I got my childhood Lego collection back, and there's a bunch of Pirate stuff in there. I'm so stoked to piece it all back together. Based on the instructions I re-discovered, here are the sets I probably have (just of Pirates):

From 1989

6245 - Harbor Sentry

6257 - Castaway's Raft

6260 - Shipwreck Island

6270 - Forbidden Island

6274 - Caribbean Clipper

From 1991

6267 - Lagoon Lock-Up

From 1992

1492 - Battle Cove

6277 - Imperial Trading Post

What do you guys think? I'm going to part them together, and I was thinking I could maybe also take some photos and write reviews for them, if that would be welcome.

Edited by Zeya

Found 2 great deals at a Wall Mart in the Clearance section. They were opened and crushed, but all of the sails were accounted for in perfect condition. Looks like all the parts are present as well.

2 Pirate Ships on Sale!

Found 2 great deals at a Wall Mart in the Clearance section. They were opened and crushed, but all of the sails were accounted for in perfect condition. Looks like all the parts are present as well.

2 Pirate Ships on Sale!

Awesome! I tried looking for a spare QAR before they were gone but no luck.

Love your youtube videos BTW!

I've spent the last month reacquiring my favorite pirate lego sets, and ended up purchasing sets I never had before.

Lagoon Lock-Up

Sabre Island

Imperial Outpost

Shipwreck Island (2nd edition)

Pirate's Ambush

Rocky Reef

Imperial Flagship

Renegade Runner

Raft Raiders

Bounty Boat

King Kahuka's Throne (love sailboats)

I also just recently purchased and am waiting for the shipments...

Skull Island

Rock Island Refuge

and my absolute all time favorite set - Imperial Trading Post

And yes I did pay a lot for all these sets - the ships, lagoon lock up, kahuka's throne, raft raiders, and bounty boat were all from the same seller and he kept his lego in excellent condition. Was almost like buying them MISB without the box.

In the past week I got the three sets I was waiting for.

Rock Island Refuge had a few missing pieces and am waiting to hear back from the seller about the missing pieces. One was the lattice fence that goes near the jail, and a couple of old gray bricks and clips from the raft were missing. The female pirate also had the wrong head. Hopefully he'll find them so I don't have to file a complaint for a partial refund.

Imperial Trading Post came with a set of brand new sails for the trading vessel as well as the older more worn sails from the original set, an extra red boat, two extra figures (redbeard and another imperial officer w/ a captain's hat), shooting cannons, and some extra pieces (anyone need some new trading vessel sails? :D :D)

Skull Island came complete with an extra pirate minifig, an extra treasure w/ coins, and some assorted extra transparent pieces. Skull Island is way cooler than the reviews say, and for a set I never used to have, I am quite pleased with it. Even my wife (who isn't an AFOL) was very impressed with it. My daughter loves pushing all the rowboats we have through the skull door and back out the gate.

Now I just need to sell a few more things so I could perhaps acquire a Black Seas Barracuda - another set I never actually owned as a child.

I bought a massive bin of lego off kijiji, for $280 CA it contained about 10+ big sets, many small ones, but best of all it had a complete BSB and forbidden island! That filled my heart with joy!

best of all it had a complete BSB and forbidden island! That filled my heart with joy!

Nice! I recently built my first BSB, so I can imagine the joy. :classic:

Edited by Grimmbeard