V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I pulled in the Isla de la Muerta and the Cannibal Escape this week. The hut actually makes a fun addition to my Islanders. Oh, and I bricklinked parts for my Imperial army.

Just got a Queen Anne's Revenge that I ordered from Lego. They were throwing in some sort of WWII plane model when I ordered too, so I got that for free! :D Now to pirate it up with a flag and a Jack Sparrow or something...

I´ve just bought 6240 "Kraken Attackin´" at a yardsale. Complete with box and instruktions and everything! The price? 3,50$! It brings my total of pirat sets up to two, as I allready had 6235 "Buried Treasure". Tomorrow I am getting the 6280 "Armada Flagship". It is, however, not complete, but I can live with that.

Greetings from a Newbie-Pirat

I´ve just bought 6240 "Kraken Attackin´" at a yardsale.

A very underrated set in my humble opinion, I like it a lot. Good buy.

A very underrated set in my humble opinion, I like it a lot. Good buy.

Agreed, a decent number of generic pirates, plus a tricorn in black (which always seems to me to be in short supply) Plus, another octopus.

Hi

I'm on holiday this week, and having a useless time of it due to the weather :( I ended up buying the Black Pearl set to lift my spirits. It is a small ship and I can see me buying extra hull parts to embiggen it.

I recently bought 4 kg box of mixed Lego off Ebay for £52 as I was sure that I could spot bits of the Black Seas Barracuda in it. Turned out to be the complete set (minus the sails). The same box also contained the Caribbean Clipper as well (again minus the sails). The rest of the box seems to be from various sets, but I'm sure there's a old lego techincal fork lift truck in there as well.

That brings my total fleet up to seven now

I found a guy on Craigslist in my town who is a Lego/ Transformer picker and I got a like mint in the box Carribean Clipper and Forrbidden Island for $100. I'll be buying a Bsb for $80 in a week or two. I'll probably never buy from eBay again!

Once again, Bricklinking. This time parts for some troops of the Highland Regiment that I'm working on. Also, a few pieces for a large scale Coldstream Guards company.

Queen Anne's Revenge :pirate_skel1: It wasn't marked down or anything really, but didn't want to risk it going unavailable entirely!

I´ve just recieved a "Redcoat-lot", with five redcoats plus a little ekstra, from e-bay. A little expensive (a lot!!), but now the numbers of redcoat is reasonable to my layout. Maybe they now stand a chance against those pirates!

I've just acquired a ton of Classic Pirates stuff, including a complete Enchanted Island and Rock Island refuge - a few ships, a load of islanders and "pocket money packs" like King Kahuka. It's an awesome haul - and the best thing is, it's from my friend who has been hoarding them in mint condition or near mint for years.

It wasn't cheap, but for the condition of everything, I've paid less than Bricklink prices.

Picked up LEGO 6257 Castaway's Raft from a local charity shop - no shark but only £1.50 Totally made up!!! I've decided to build it up and am doing a version of it "on steroids" :).

Picked up LEGO 6257 Castaway's Raft from a local charity shop - no shark but only £1.50 Totally made up!!! I've decided to *edit* rebuild*edit* it up and am doing a version of it "on steroids" :).

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

Bought the parts to nearly complete my BSB from e-bay. Four large ship rigging, four masts, string, two small pirate flags, one large and one small barel, ships wheel, most of the hull for the BSB, and four out of the five sails from the BSB for £24.99 BIN. Also picked up some sails for £1-£1.50 each as well. A few months ago I bought most of the other parts for the BSB, so now I have a mostly complete, MODed, BSB for about £40-£45. Bargin.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Bought The Black Pearl and Isla de la Muerta today. Was going to get Queen Anne's Revenge but the box was all banged up.

Yay! I finally received my very first ever pirate ship today; 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty, which I had pretty much given up hopes of finding. At least new, which is what I managed to get. And cheap, too, because it was without the box: 350 DKR (~$57) - which is half of the cheapest new set I could find on Bricklink! And since I don't care about the box anyway, I'm really really happy. Only downside is that the instructions are bend and curled on the edges, but eh... that sometimes happens out-of-the-box as well. And it's not a major issue for me. I was too slow to get a couple of other extremely cheap new Pirates and POTC sets from the same seller though, which is too bad. But still, I can't complain about this purchase. :classic:

Next up: trying to find Queen Anne's Revenge and The Black Pearl on clearance sales...

Edited by Hive

Yay! I finally received my very first ever pirate ship today; 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty, which I had pretty much given up hopes of finding. At least new, which is what I managed to get. And cheap, too, because it was without the box: 350 DKR (~$57) - which is half of the cheapest new set I could find on Bricklink! And since I don't care about the box anyway, I'm really really happy. Only downside is that the instructions are bend and curled on the edges, but eh... that sometimes happens out-of-the-box as well. And it's not a major issue for me. I was too slow to get a couple of other extremely cheap new Pirates and POTC sets from the same seller though, which is too bad. But still, I can't complain about this purchase. :classic:

Next up: trying to find Queen Anne's Revenge and The Black Pearl on clearance sales...

Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm still searching for this one but as you say bricklink prices are very expensive. Definitely a nice ship to start your pirate ship collection.

Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm still searching for this one but as you say bricklink prices are very expensive. Definitely a nice ship to start your pirate ship collection.

Indeed. While the structure is perhaps not as well-fleshed out as earlier flagships of Pirates past, due to containing much fewer bricks, I think the better minifigs and, especially, much better colorscheme more than makes up for it. I can't wait to build it!

Just got the Skull's Eye Schooner in excellent condition (it's been on a display shelf and cleaned weekly for about 19 years now) for $380 from a close friend!!! I guess he was willing because he just visited California last week, and he stayed at my house for a week (the most exhausting week in my life so far)

I am in an extremely good mood right now :pir-cry_happy:

Just got the Skull's Eye Schooner in excellent condition (it's been on a display shelf and cleaned weekly for about 19 years now) for $380 from a close friend!!! I guess he was willing because he just visited California last week, and he stayed at my house for a week (the most exhausting week in my life so far)

I am in an extremely good mood right now :pir-cry_happy:

He cleaned it weekly? :pir-oh:

Hi guys, 1st post from a now obssesed AFOL, have been a watcher of these forums for about a month now.

I've been browsing the various master lists on each forum and I spotted that the Skull's Eye Schooner which was a set I had as a young child.

Found one on eBay which I think has been mislabled by the seller but with the correct set number. All pieces and instructions, although it has no box, snapped it up with 1 second to go this morning for £112.00 delivered. Very happy.

Walmart is discounting all POTC, scored 3 Black Pearls today for $69.00 USD apiece. They still had 5 of them there - Framingham MA Walmart if anyone still need POTC.

Built one of them, a nicely put together ship, great masts and minifigs if a bit sparse on the decks/cabin. Keeping the other two in storage.

I've rekindled my love affair with classic pirate sets and bagged myself 6265 Sabre Island and 6276 Eldorado Fortress.

I had both sets as a kid and had most of the parts for both still so after a small Bricklink order, they are both mine once again!

I was just able to pull in a lot of 5 vintage redcoats (fully armed) for $2, and another lot of Armada (9, including breastplates) for $20.