Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Okay I like the idea of this thread, since marvel now releases there movie plans years in advance, there is at least some ground for discussing the potential sets and figures we'll be receiving over the rest of the decade.

One thing that I'm curious about is how well TV will factor into this, LEGO Ultimate Spider-man already several sets but that's ending with this season apparently, Avengers Assemble also has a couple sets but will marvel have room to make more of these with the increase in movie projects?

Also there's the question of more comic based sets, particularly those based on the x-men, I think best case scenario we'll receive some comic based set similar to the X-men Apocalypse movie (preferably without another wolverine or magneto) though I'm not sure we'll even get that. The other x-men projects I'm less sure about, we probably won't receive anything to capitalise on the Deadpool or Gambit movies, especially if we're lucky enough to get an R-rated deadpool. I am still really hoping for more x-men lego characters and I really hope that the feud between fox and disney won't get in the way of this.

The movies are where it really gets interesting, with the Ant-man set out this summer, it'll be the first time that both marvel movies get LEGO sets in the same year, I personally am really hoping that trend will continue. I do worry about TLG's ability to make quality sets under the tight time constraints. They've got just over a year to make some Civil War sets for us and it seems to have just had just had a major shake up with the introduction of Spider-man. I really hope our first movie based spider-man in years doesn't end up as inaccurate as the first Black Widow or Hawkeye.

So there's just some of my thoughts, what does everyone else think? Let's get some discussion going!

It very hard to say how TLG will handle a movie, because on one hand you have the Iron Man 3 sets ,that didn't match the movie at all and on the other hand you have the GotG sets that I thought were great sets, so it hard to say.

I'm curious as to how the "crossover" Sets will be handled for Spider-Man.

It shouldn't be that complicated. Marvel controls merchandising for all Marvel properties regardless of which company owns them. They can green light spider-man movie sets now because of the partnership. Marvel Studios will want to promote the Spider-man movies because they will be a part of the MCU so they make ask Lego to do some sets.

If Spiderman does join the Avengers I wonder what his costume will look like ?

If Spiderman does join the Avengers I wonder what his costume will look like ?

Unless they go with Iron Spider, I'd assume it'd be more like the ASM2 costume but the eyes would probably be a little different.

How much sets, and what figs do you guys expect for Civil War

I don't wanna think about it yet, but i can't help it!

How much sets, and what figs do you guys expect for Civil War

Iron Man 3 got 3 sets whil AoU got 6, I think CA:CW will be in between these movies in terms of scale/publicity so we should probably expect 4 sets, maybe 5 at a push.

How many sets, and what figs do you guys expect for Civil War

I expect 4-5 sets. Minifigure-wise, I expect at least both Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Iron Spider Spider-Man, and Crossbones.

Hi guys. What do you think about 2016 Civil War sets?

Set-wise, I expect 4-5 sets. Minifigure-wise, I expect both Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Iron Spider Spider-Man, Crossbones, Falcon, and Black Panther.

I could also see a comic-based X-Men set with Apocalypse and Archangel to tie-in with X-Men: Apocalypse.

Edited by Sir Gareth

for 2016 i think:

4 Civil War sets

1 X-men

and 2 Doc Strange sets

1 Civil war: smallest set, Cap, Natasha, and 1 baddie (Hydra?)

2 Civil war: Tony, Spiderman, Winter Soldier, 1 baddie (Hydra?)

3 Civil war: Cap, Crossbones, Iron spiderman, Falcon, Hawkeye

4 Civil war: Quicksilver, Cap, Iron man, Scarlet Witch, Black panther, Crossbones

For X-men probably with Nightcrawler and Apocalypse

2 For Doc strange, something featuring himself, probably Scarlet Witch and Dormammu (?)

Edited by kevkipo

Civil war small set with cap, black widow, and cross bones

Civil war medium set with cap, winter solider, falcon and iron man

Civil war medium set with cap, black panther, war machine?, scarlet witch?

Civil war large set with cap (different print), iron man (different print), Spider-Man, quicksilver?, baron zemo and hawkeye?

Doctor strange with doctor strange and 2 other characters

X men with apocalypse, gambit, arc angel, night crawler, Jean grey and professor Xavier

X men set with deadpool,cable and wolverine

Edited by Chookdude

Didn't realize Deadpool is coming out next year.

2016 Set Predictions:

March:

CA:CW 1 - $12.99

Includes Steve Rogers Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man

CA:CW 2 - $19.99

Includes 3 Characters

CA:CW 3 - $29.99

Includes 4 Characters

CA:CW 4 - $39.99

Includes 5 Characters

Minifigures are Black Panther, Black Widow, Bucky Barnes Captain America, Steve Rogers Captain America, Crossbones, Falcon, Hawkeye, Iron-Man, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Iron Spider Spider-Man, Quicksilver, and Villain Character

June:

X-Men 1 - $24.99

Includes Bishop, Cable, Deadpool, and Wolverine

X-Men 2 - $24.99

Includes Gambit, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, and Rogue

X-Men 3 - $49.99

Includes Archangel, Apocalypse Big-fig, Beast, Colossus, Iceman, and Phoenix

X-Men Polybag - Free with Purchase

Includes Professor X

September:

DS 1 - $19.99

Includes Doctor Strange, Hero Character, and Villain Character

Edited by Sir Gareth

LEGO can make Fox X-Men sets?

No, but they can make comic-based sets.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I really wish we could get movie versions of the X-Men characters in LEGO :angry: Michael Fassbender's Magneto suit would translate great into minifig form and Wolverine wouldn't be too hard, just a white tank top and jeans haha.

I think next year we'll be getting one x-men set as per previous years where we've had one every two years. My guess will be a £60/£70 set with a big-fig Apocalypse along with Gambit, Professor X, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Cyclops.

Do you reckon we'll get Jubilee as a minifigure?

I think we'll get all the main X-Men eventually.

I think next year we'll be getting one x-men set as per previous years where we've had one every two years. My guess will be a £60/£70 set with a big-fig Apocalypse along with Gambit, Professor X, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Cyclops.

I think that since we're getting three movies next year, we'll get three sets: a small set to tie-in with Deadpool, another small one to tie-in with Gambit, and a big one to tie-in with X-Men: Apocalypse.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Big fig Thanos and Apocalypse would be great!!! You've got to think they both are coming. We got a Darkseid (DC) and he hasn't made an appearance in any movie.

I'd rather have more comic based (costumes) mini figures than movie based.