Sign in to follow this  
Sir Norman Ray

"The South Essex sah!"

Very nice, but use fleshies! *wub*

I call this court marshal to order and find the defendant, Grand Moff, GUILTY of breaking my childhood, insulting my army without meaning to do so and speaking HERESY. I sentence you to life, in front of a firing squad.

I grew up with yellow, dunno where this flesh has come from, and will so ignore it.

Also:

picture4fw0.jpg

Just a quick edit of one of the many pics I took, but didn't post. This shows the two main officers and Sir Norman Ray in grenn at the back there X-D

Edited by Sir Norman Ray

Very nice, but use fleshies! *wub*

Errr... why? I tolerate them, but I don't prefer them. Do you?

Down with fleshies! Down with fleshies! C'mon people, join in the chant! Let's make a good sized mob ;-)

Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Down with fleshies! Down with fleshies! C'mon people, join in the chant! Let's make a good sized mob ;-)
Here, Here! (mob phsycology, you know. Agree with the leader so others do too...)

Mindless mob violence? Count me in!

You know, stalking these forums, I thought there was something missing: The Angry Mob.

I'm just so happy my thread has spawned one! >8-)

Nice little regiment of battalions (that's what the SE is). How many Sharpe books/t.v. shows have you read/seen?

Nice army you have there 8-o

Welcome to eurobricks

I'll join the mob

I hate fleshies except for SW,Indy

Down with the fleshies!!!Bring out the Guillotine!!

Anyone who supports, is a heretic....

Off with their head X-D

Piranha

Edited by phred

Nice little regiment of battalions (that's what the SE is). How many Sharpe books/t.v. shows have you read/seen?

I've seen all the Sharpe tv shows. Bought them on DVD about 1 year ago.

If you guys want to see a good Lego website dedicated to the Sharpe series, have a look at this one: Lego Sharpe - Friends & Foe.

I'm hosting it on my personal webspace, but I'm not the creator of this website.

I was able to take a full backup before the real website went offline.

I just couldn't bare to see this beautiful site get lost...

Beheading? How blase. Hanging is the way to go, much slower and painful.

Now, Reginald and NigelI just returned from the Continent where I read the most marvelous book called Raising the Dead.

For future reference:

Reginald; Nigel:

Reginal.jpgNigel.gif

I seen and read them all.

Seriously, I have. After the India special, I bought the DVD boxed set, and hen I went on to buy all the books. Damn good read and made me proud to be British again.

And I love the persecution of the fleshies here :P

Beheading? How blase. Hanging is the way to go, much slower and painful.

Are you sure about that friend? My understanding is that if it is done right, your neck should break on the fall, and you will die pretty much instantly. Self hanging is another story.

And beheadings, well I heard you used to pay the executioner to make sure his blade was sharp so he got it all in one clean swipe. I would guess multiple hacks would be unpleasant, and was probably fairly common!

Are you sure about that friend? My understanding is that if it is done right, your neck should break on the fall, and you will die pretty much instantly. Self hanging is another story.

And beheadings, well I heard you used to pay the executioner to make sure his blade was sharp so he got it all in one clean swipe. I would guess multiple hacks would be unpleasant, and was probably fairly common!

Depends on the beheading. The old fashioned, man with a black hood, could be very slow and painful at times. Anne Boleyn I believe was done in by a swordsmen, which was so quick, that her lips still moved in prayer.

Anyway!

Expect new pics tommorow!

Are you sure about that friend? My understanding is that if it is done right, your neck should break on the fall, and you will die pretty much instantly.

Apparently it is quite an art to do it one quick drop. The knot placement is crucial. The knot goes to the side of the neck for a nice break. Then the drop must be far enough to snap the neck without ripping the head clean off which is messy.

So, if want a slow choking death (dance of death) you put the knot at the back and don't really let them drop at all - just take the stool/barrel/box/whatever out from under their feet.

Of course, I get all this from reading Cornwall's historical novels and the Aubreiad so take with a grain of salt. *sweet*

Yes, a happy group of Sharpe readers we have here.....I have all of the books and all of the DVDs, which aren't exactly accurate, but oh, well. Still, though, nice army.

Edited by Lieutenant Colonel Thok

I need a bigger base, i got quite a lot of troops now :-P

How much soldiers with shako's do you have in your army?

How much soldiers with shako's do you have in your army?

Roughly around 55 men at this time, that includes basic troops, a SgtMajor and my spear armed Sgts.

Oh, nice pics! I don't suppose you have any of these?

I dont actually, Though they do look right fancy, dunno if i should get them

Erm, she's yellow. And has fake legs. And has pink hair...

ANYWAY:

I think my next load of men are gonna have to be tricorne hats, as I have no more Shako's. EBAY's dry on them and most of the Bricklink stuff is out of Europe. (There's a Hong Kong guy with over 50!)

I may also need to buy Bluecoats, as my ones are so old and bad it embarrassing to look at them. (I chewed on them, the cat chewed on them etc...)

I may also need to buy Bluecoats, as my ones are so old and bad it embarrassing to look at them. (I chewed on them, the cat chewed on them etc...)

If you want your partially eaten bluecoats to be taken care, feel free to send them to southwestern Wisconsin. X-D

Sah, are you part islander, with you eating imperials and all? ;-)

P