Zerobricks

youtube copyright infringement

Anyone had experinces with that?

I used among others a classical song.

The company name which is stating the infringment is "מיכה שטרית-יום הולדת (קטע קישור)" Belive music

WHICH MAKES NO SENSE! - I used google translate for מיכה שטרית-יום הולדת (קטע קישור and it says it means Micha Shitrit-Birthday (WHAT!?)

Its claiming they own a classical song at 2:41 mark.

I posted a dispute saying its a classical song and it must be a mistake.

Also in the appel process may last a month and in that time I may loose lots of add-money from this video - who's gonna compnesate for that?

Any ideas guys?

Edited by Zblj

They can't own that song, they should have given you the business name in English. I don't see what is the matter with that to be honest. I have used many songs and never been flagged for copyright. Examples of me; Eye of the Tiger, Fortunate Son, Highway To Hell, Eat my goal, Black or White.

Classical music is the worst for copyright since so many people have recorded the same piece over and over again so it gets flagged a lot. You will have to provide proof to YouTube that you have to have the rights to use the music. If its creative commons the license will be on the site where you got your music.

YouTube comes down hard on copyright infringements including permanent banning from YouTube and AdSense.

This is just me, but I were you, I wouldn't use any music in my videos at all if you're making money off them. Copyright holders probably won't come after you, but if they did, the consequences could potentially be huge. I'd be careful...

This particular instance seems like some illegitimate jerk trying to annoy you, true. That company name sceams fake. But I'd be careful here.

You may have to wait the 14 days since you already filled a counter claim. The claim sounds false but it can go a couple of different ways. They could release the claim, keep the claim and take the revenue from the video, or have the video taken down which would result in a strike.

The first two don’t incur any penalties and won’t affect your account at all at that point you can delete the video and reload with something from YouTube library or a free site like Incomptech and be sure to copy and paste the license.

As for the revenue no one gets the money from the video since they can’t show adds on a disputed video.

Yeah its a loose loose scenario thats why I reuploaded the vid with a different song and gonna delete the original one. I use royality free music BTW.

I know a guy who has sold hundreds if not thousands of DVDs without ever paying for the music thereon. He has also uploaded these to YouTube, and monetized them.

He's not well liked, so people try to get YT to takedown his video, but it never works because they aren't the rights holders. If you can prove that you got the music from a different source, you should win easily.

This same jagoff now takes videos from other sites, like news feeds, company generated contentetc. rips it all to YT and monetizes all of it. At this point, if anyone links a video of his, I know without a doubt that it's copyright infringement, so I refuse to click through, no matter how badly I might have wanted to see it.

If YT takes down your video, the other guy may actually be a legitimate rights holder, as nobody else is ever successful at getting videos taken down.