Bob De Quatre

Dress my Exo Suit Mini-challenge - Discussion thread

14796973148_798c1227ce_c.jpg

What's more fun than dressing dolls... Oh wait, there is something a lot funnier: dressing a Lego doll !!

Take your Exo Suit, remove all its shiny space equipments, and dress it up as your favorite Lego theme!

Blacktron, Castle, City, Ninjago, Harry Potter or even Fabuland, every Lego theme is welcome in this mini-challenge :wink:

14979170041_d73e3120b7_c.jpg

The Rules

• Entries must be built over the Exo Suit original frame shown above.
  • The frame cannot be modified in any way, with the exception of the trans-yellow parts that can be replaced by the same parts in any color.
  • Entries must consist of only an Exo Suit.
  • Entries must fit a minifig, after all they still are Exo Suits.
  • Entries must feature an original Lego theme or a licensed theme, past or present.
  • Entries must be posted in the entry thread by midnight UTC, September 21st, 2014.
  • Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously).
  • You cannot post more than 3 entries.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 2 posted pictures of 800x600 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The Prizes

Is the fun of building Exo Suits not enough for you?... Well, we may have some surprises for you.

If needed, the Exo Suit frame LDD file is available here.

Digital entries specific rules

• Your entry must be buildable with bricks!
  • Only use parts/colors combinations that exist.
  • Don't abuse of rare parts.
  • Custom decals are allowed.

I'm glad it goes until Sept. 21st...But I don't have enough pieces in any one theme to really make a good showing...

Was there a particular reason why digital entries are not allowed?

So we can only substitute the trans yellow? It would be nice to be able to swap the colors of other elements of the frame.

Interesting idea. My set is still on backorder, so who knows if I will have it in time. Now to consider what theme to build in...

Aww... real lego only rule kills me. I don't have enough bricks with bionicle joint to build the frame :(

Both of mine come in tomorrow... And is it allowed to print out a Blacktron 1 logo and tape it on a part? (Just wondering...) ;)

So, does the finished entry have to conform to an existing theme, or can it be based on something completly original, or even an item of non lego liscensed media, like for example a Voltron baseed entry?

I'd be able to make one myself if not for the stupid hip/shoulder brick... Sigh... I'm assuming it has to be that exact skeleton?

Thanks for the "frame" of reference. I don have an exo-suit set .However.. I do have most of the parts . hehehe...

I'm looking forward to the wackiness of the contest submissions

Darn it, I don't have the parts to build one! I have a mech but it's not an Exo-suit based and violates most of the rules.

I'll be watching this though, I want to see some coll entries!

This looks like a blast! But based just on existing themes, eh? Well… I can't wait to get going on a Galidor Exo Suit! *cough* :wink:

Awesome competition, I will have to come up with something for this. But I always said this, usually I don´t have the time to build for these, will try to make an expectation with this mini-challenge :grin:

Can some Duplo elements be used or does it just have to be Lego "system" parts?

Edited by Mencot

I think it's a little silly / soon because these sold out in 10 minutes so what if we didn't have a chance to get one? Now we need the EXACT colors to build out own? What happen if I use grey instead of bley?

You have to use the exact same frame (parts and colors) except for the three trans-yellow parts that can be swapped for any other color.

Your entries must show a Lego theme, retired themes or licensed are fine.

You can use Duplo or Fabuland... And I hope the mention of Galidor was a joke :wink:

A fun Idea, too bad digital entries aren't allowed, don't have the parts to replicate the exo skeleton.

Due to popular demand, digital entries are now allowed. Rules have been updated, so please read them carefully.

Also participants can now post a maximum of 3 entries.

Have fun :classic:

Glad to see digital entries allowed. While almost all members have a bin full of Lego, any given set isn't usually owned by more than 10% of people - especially not a limited run set!

I am excited to try my hand at this, but almost more excited to see what everyone else comes up with...

While I am not a big LDD user, without it I would not be able to enter, so thank you Bob de Quatre!

Due to popular demand, digital entries are now allowed.

I'm not one for tacking on more rules in a competition, but I hope there are two categories: one for built and one for digital. I think the work being done in LDD is great and it is frustrating to participate without having an Exo Suit, but those of us that only own a few sets and managed to get an Exo Suit can't compete with a free and unlimited supply of parts.