ZCerberus

Fort Brighton Complete

Well I need to upload a ton of pictures, which I hope to do soon. I need to batch resize them all, but since my main computer machine is broken, I have to download the program again and do that on my backup machine. Hopefully I can get to it soon. Until then, some pictures to wet the ol' appetite.

fort_brighton_0.jpg

fort_brighton_1.jpg

larger_fortress_000.jpg

small_fortress_000.jpg

gate_1.jpg

guard_2.jpg

docks_013.jpg

And the Layers exposed...

fort_brighton_3.jpg

I have plenty of detailed pictures, so hopefully I can get those up once I have the program installed on my backup computer!

Edited by ZCerberus

Holy cow, I didn't know there were that much of them! You'd need at least 4 heavy frigates if you want to take over this fort!

It's beautiful Z, really beautiful.

Can't wait for those detailed pictures!

Mr Tiber

The best Lego fortress EVER is finally finished!!

Even 1/4 of this fortress would be impressive!

I see those 2 little towers in the middle have grown up...

Like Mr. Tiber, I'm looking forward to see the detailed pictures.

Edited by bonaparte

Really great moc! Really impressive!

Now we rea waiting for some detailed pics and the interiors of your fort *y*

Just a very little thing to change, a blue floor will be better, continuing the color of the blue baseplates for the water.

* picks jaw up off floor *

It is just so good! 8-o

Can Gavin and Gregor come visit?

Congratulations! It must feel great to get that completed. I'm impressed beyond words. The pirates don't stand a chance of raiding that! Amazing amazing amazing. I really have to say I'm impressed with you knack for detail. Sometimes people can overdo the ornate details but you have a great balance in their of architectural detail and "stone-work" as it were. Thumbs up!

ZCerberus MOCs on!

Edited by hinckley39

That's stunning! 8-o

I wanted to bet the first use that smiley but you beat me to it Mr Tyger!

Excuse me while I faint in awe... X-O

Thanks Everyone. Now I have to find some place to put it!

The best Lego fortress EVER is finally finished!!

Even 1/4 of this fortress would be impressive!

I see those 2 little towers in the middle have grown up...

Yes they have. The old ones just didn't fit anymore!

I am not sure I love the little roofs on them, but they are an odd number of bricks wide across the top, so I couldn't do a pretty arch. Oh well!

This sounds quite interesting. Perhaps though it would be better to do when I have returned this fort to its normal resting place and all my other MOCs are close at hand! I let you know when that happens!

Just a very little thing to change, a blue floor will be better, continuing the color of the blue baseplates for the water.

Yes if only I had more blue base plates! As you might imagine, I sort of used them all up ;-)

Holy cow, I didn't know there were that much of them! You'd need at least 4 heavy frigates if you want to take over this fort!

Send a few if you dare. But beware the protection fleet!

EDIT: I suppose we should also update the link and photo in the index. I think the first picture here is the best for the job.

I would wonder now if this MOC should be considered "military" and not "harbor". It is up to Phred (the apprentice) or the GLOBAL MOD (when did that happen?) bonaparte though, since they are the indexers around here!

Edited by ZCerberus

the port is stunning, great use of colours (love the white/yellow/red scheme) and its huge! i wudnt have enought floor space to build it :( Do you have an estimate to how many bricks you used on this project

The ship looks good to, but i think the sails look a bit to big for the size of the ship *sweet*

EDIT: I suppose we should also update the link and photo in the index. I think the first picture here is the best for the job.

I would wonder now if this MOC should be considered "military" and not "harbor". It is up to Phred (the apprentice) or the GLOBAL MOD (when did that happen?) bonaparte though, since they are the indexers around here!

You're right, it could be under "military" or "harbor".

Mr. Phred is taking care of updating the MOC indexes, so I'll leave it up to him ;-)

I have a feeling this MOC is too impressive to just put it in the index...

Edited by bonaparte

This is definately one of the best lego ports/bases ever made. Excellent job on the design and detail, 10/10.

Yes if only I had more blue base plates! As you might imagine, I sort of used them all up ;-)

Or maybe you can use a blue cloth, this is what I thought.

This moc is really well detailed, with a lot of architectural points. *y*

Do you have an estimate to how many bricks you used on this project

No idea... pretty much all my white ones and most of my yellow ones... Who knows!?!

The ship looks good to, but i think the sails look a bit to big for the size of the ship *sweet*

Yeah? Well they used to be too small, and I agree, now I think they are too big, I guess I need to try to get something in the middle.

Or maybe you can use a blue cloth, this is what I thought.

Ohhhh!

Well they were blue, just not Lego blue!

I have a feeling this MOC is too impressive to just put it in the index...

eh? What else do you have in mind?

Ah- a Double Post! NO!!!!

Heh- anyways, I resized the photos, and I will give them to ya'll in a flurry of thumbnails!

First an over view, then some details...

fort_brighton_2.jpg

The Larger Fortress Section.

larger_fortress_000.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_003.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_004.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_006.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_007.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_008.jpg_thumb.jpg

larger_fortress_009.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_010.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_012.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_014.jpg_thumb.jpg larger_fortress_013.jpg_thumb.jpg

Smaller Fortress Section

small_fortress_001.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_003.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_005.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_007.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_008.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_009.jpg_thumb.jpg

small_fortress_010.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_011.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_013.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_015.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_016.jpg_thumb.jpg small_fortress_017.jpg_thumb.jpg

More to come later!

That is a great fort! Almost an entire city actually.

I never realised that the whole thing consisted out of two large parts, I thought just one was already outstanding. Good work *y*

If only I had so many white bricks.... X-O

What a magnificent fortification, what a grand and marvelous work! *y*

And how sad your pirates must feel now.... X-D

A wonderful harbor and a splendid MOC indeed!

Well i finally got this spectacular MOC in Index of Land based MOCs.

I placed this MOC in the Military even though it could be considered a harbor,

but i don't think there are many other military MOCs that are as powerful as this one. ;-)

If i make a trip to the twin cities, would i be able to check this beauty out in person?

(i suddenly got a strong desire to the lego store in mall of america and make a side trip) X-D

P

Edited by phred

If i make a trip to the twin cities, would i be able to check this beauty out in person?

(i suddenly got a strong desire to the lego store in mall of america and make a side trip) X-D

Well I am hard to find right now, but if I am ever here, it could be worked out!

-- I had to run out the door before posting all the thumbs... so more thumb-madness!!

docks_001.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_002.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_003.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_004.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_005.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_006.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_007.jpg_thumb.jpg

docks_008.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_009.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_011.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_012.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_013.jpg_thumb.jpg docks_014.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some interiors

levels_001.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_002.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_003.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_004.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_005.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_006.jpg_thumb.jpg

levels_007.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_008.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_009.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_010.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_011.jpg_thumb.jpg levels_012.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus

Well I am hard to find right now, but if I am ever here, it could be worked out!

You ought to charge admission for people to view such a magnificent piece of work! :-D

I was cruising around on Brickshelf when I saw your creation and needless to say, I was blown away! Little did I know, you were here all this time! Well, your creation has converted me into a Pirates fan. Arrr, matey!

Edited by KMOI

You ought to charge admission for people to view such a magnificent piece of work! :-D

I was cruising around on Brickshelf when I saw your creation and needless to say, I was blown away! Little did I know, you were here all this time! Well, your creation has converted me into a serious Pirates fan. Arrr, matey!

That is what I like to hear!!

Phred, you can come over, but it will cost you one imperial guard figure and two muskets!! j/k

Yeah, apparently the gave me the title under my name to say I am some sort of expert!

It looks like you are an anime/Japanese styling LEGO fan, mechs and avatar for instanve, very cool.

I think the ninja line was a pretty cool line a few years back as well, did you ever get into that at all? Or where you not a Lego

Edited by ZCerberus

Thats the coolest and biggest fort i've every seen X-O , I love all he detailing on the buildings and the way the 2 row boats sit in the larger fortress section. I also really like the lil dock area where all the barrels are stored. This is no doubt one of the coolest pirate mocs i've seen. Love it. 11/10 *sweet*

Phred, you can come over, but it will cost you one imperial guard figure and two muskets!! j/k

Hmm, One Imerial and two muskets ay?

Yeah i'd say it's worth that to check this MOC out in person :-D

P

So I was thinking about Fort Brighton today and how it has evolved...

For those who are fairly new here... this was the first version of the Fort I ever posted here, then the updated version as I worked some of the kinks out, and lastly the final build...

old1.jpg

harbor1.jpg

fort_brighton_0.jpg

For any of you who feel embarrassed to share an unfinished MOC or a MOC you don't think is "Good" enough, and for those who think any MOC isn't worth sharing, keep in mind, a little experience and feed back can really help a creation out. I would consider my experience and the feed back on the forum here to be an invaluable help in this build!

One would also notice the evolution of the Ships in the pictures with the Harbor as well... this gives me an idea...