Zilcho

Sets from other themes to go with Superheroes

Are there any sets from other themes that you think would go well with superheroes?

For me, I buy a lot of city sets to create a city for my superheroes to fight crime in. I also use the modular buildings too.

Also, I'm considering buying the Haunted House to act as Wayne Manor. Are there any other specific sets that could be used for a building or something from the super heroes universes?

Thanks and good day!

Gringotts from HP makes a great Wayne Manor. Only thing is Diagon Alley is really pricey now. I got it back when it was released. Also, modular buildings I cannot recommend enough. I only have the Cinema but it works great with DC, Marvel, or even TMNT.

I'd say most Ultra Agents could work for a S.H.I.E.L.D type of deal. The vehicle in the Infearno Interception looks like a perfect Bat-vehicle

Action Themes like Agents, Ultra Agens and Alpha Team fit well with super Heroes. I think that Alien Conquest will do as well. A.D.U. Alien Defense Unit is usefull for the Chitauri of Marvel for instance.

The 2009 Agents line in particular has some great vehicles if you're looking to expand SHIELD. The colours are a perfect match to the ones in the Avengers sets.

say most Ultra Agents could work for a S.H.I.E.L.D type of deal. The vehicle in the Infearno Interception looks like a perfect Bat-vehicle13.gif

Edited by terttalisn

I have modified 70727 (ninja charger). Right away it struck me as a 1966 batmobile. Add the tumbleresque ejecting motorcycle and it seemed like a perfect vehicle for the dark knight.

I have to echo the sentiments of City and Agents for sure. City can work for any superheroes, and Agents definitely has a SHIELD vibe to some of their sets thanks to the color scheme. Modular Theater's a must for Batman for obvious reasons, and the Detective's Office can work for Gotham too (Let it be Harvey Bullock's office). Haunted House could be retrofitted to be Wayne Manor if you choose, and suffice to say even a few Chima sets would be decent for superheroes, at least for customs (Minifig Gorilla Grodd, Bronze Tiger, renovated Man-Bat)

Detective's Office looks a lot like something that would fit right into an old superhero serial such as The Adventures of Superman or Batman. A lot of superhero stories often have the villain attacking the Town Hall, so that could work too.

Do the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets count as Superheroes sets? Those could work well too, especially if you need villain vehicles.

From the descriptions we've got it seems some of the stuff the jurassic park theme may work as SHIELD stuff. I've heard there's a lot of dark blue and gray.

Really does depend on what it is you are wanting to accomplish.

I have used some Chima figs to bolster my figs with parts, such as a few additional green and yellow lanterns. Also spider pieces for spiderman clones.

Lone ranger set helped me build Vigilante.

Ninjago sets lets you get some black ninjas together for fighting, and the turtle sets give more ninjas.

The new mystery mansion from the Scooby doo line, coming this summer, looks like it could work with DC. The left side of the mansion looks like a greenhouse for Poison Ivy, and there is abrick built monster plant too. Plus that new plant guy from series 14 will make good Poison Ivy goons.

Plus that new plant guy from series 14 will make good Poison Ivy goons.

Agree. And the Tiger Girl looks like Cheetah

The Town Hall I use as a hideout for Two-Face (and I have removed a few pieces from one side of the facade to suit the theme), and the stairs in the DO alleyway can hide a Jokerized corpse...Harvey Bullock could use the DO as well.

I never thought of converting the Charger into a Batman vehicle. That's a pretty neat idea!

For Poison Ivy, I like to use the Hero Factory cocoon in green. The Mystery Mansion and Flytrap Man will suit her well, too. Any Friends sets with the rubber beanstalks would be useful, too.

With some heavy color changes, the Mixer ride could work as a place to hold hostages of the Joker, spinning so quickly they lose consciousness, perhaps. The upcoming Ferris Wheel could possibly work in a Jokerland context as well, but until we see it, I can't be sure.

Lots of Friends sets work well in a City / Town layout, actually, so those should be useful for Super Heroes as well.

Friends sets are colorful.

It depends on the type of city you want to create.

I wouldn't use Friends sets in Gotham city. :tongue:

Friends sets are colorful.

It depends on the type of city you want to create.

I wouldn't use Friends sets in Gotham city. :tongue:

But for Central City...

First off, great topic! I'm already seeing great ideas on a first glance.

Which police figures would best represent the gotham city police?

Assuming you're leaning more Dark Knight than Batman '66, my pick for best Gotham uniformed police are is the dark blue uniformed officer from Collectible Minifigures a couple years back. That's probably the grittiest looking uniform, and with some glaring "fleshy" heads I think you can put together a nice GCPD squad to back up Commissioner Gordon. I supplement those figures with the "vested" cops from the CITY theme around the time of the Museum Heist set as a SWAT Team. I moved Gordon's head to a suit and then used his body from the Bane Tumbler set to make a SWAT Commander.

I did some tinkering and came up with some awesome SWAT officers for the GCPD.

First you get dark grey legs and torso with black hands. Then you add a vest from the Lego movie Robot cops. For the face you use the rebel trooper head from Star Wars. Finally use a black pilot helmet with solid black visor, and outfit them with BrickArms assault rifles.

They are quite intimidating led by Commisioner Gordon in his SWAT vest!