randomwalk

What other hobbies do you have?

I'm curious to know what hobbies other people on this board have. Or do you find that Lego/Technic takes up too much time or money? How do you divide your time between your different hobbies and interests?

Personally I am heavily into computer programming, coffee and downhill skiing.

Oh, too many! I also get into coffee. I carry a lido burr grinder, hario v60 and a gooseneck kettle to work with me on my bicycle. That is my other hobby... Classic bicycles. I have 7 bikes and commute to work on them. I also play the guitar. I dont play masterfully, but well enough. I take it into Sunday school and the kids enjoy it.

I used to do game programming, but programming and Lego isn't good together, no time for both.

I also do drumming in a progressive-punk-metal whatever band.

My youtube channel linked in my signature has some videos of some of my programming projects.

Edited by Lipko

My other hobby, even better for me than Lego, is the gym. I've been lifting weights 20 years and am stronger every passing day :laugh: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

Uhm, my hobbies are looking at pictures of cool cars on google :D, RC cars, a little bit of gaming and mountainbiking.

For me, it's mostly gaming, guitar and reading/writing (mostly sci-fi and fantasy but I like a lot of other stuff too). :classic:

Um, I used to travel extensively for amusement parks and roller coasters, but after I got out of the military I started college full time and haven't been able to travel.

I also have saltwater fishtank(s). I only want one (tank), but I need to motivate myself to catch the fish in the old tank before the massively overgrown crab eats them, too. Then I can break down that tank and kill the evil monster.

In the past, before really getting back into Lego, I was in RC cars. I still have some, but I guess I'll fully ditch them.

Also, apart from Lego (and all the stuff around it), I invest my time into videogames, which often poses the struggle for the free time. Do I build or do anything Lego or do I play. Well, there is times when I play more and times where I "Lego" more :laugh:

Also, I am taking part in the local voluntary firefighters and try to learn playing guitar, but my short fingers ... :hmpf_bad:

Oh, and I like reading comics and books. But that goes whenever it fits.

Are you suggesting that Technic fans be social with other types of Lego fans?

*oh2**huh*

:wink:

I tried to make contact :hmpf_bad: , we will see what happens... :laugh: .

My other hobbies beside Lego is drawing mechanical drawings and coming up with new innovations.

I did compose music for six years digitaly, where I spent two years teaching myself how to play the piano.

Photography, guitar, singing in a choir, downhill skiing, stand-up-paddling, sailing, reading a lot of books when I'm away somewhere, playing video games. That's probably it. During the uptake on guitar, my time devoted to lego building has faded away to almost nothing. I still have quite a collection, but mostly just gathering dust. Maybe my nephew will find some joy in it later on.

I like to restore and do some artsy stuff.. I also began my second childhood a few years back and started collecting 25th anniversary and up Carded G.I.Joe figures... I was also riding BMX Flatland, but my body just doesn't have it anymore, it is just too banged up...

Edited by Paul Boratko

My non-lego hobbies include

• RC Airplanes: They go well with my career of unmanned aviation.
  • Automotive performance: My truck is a constant source of idle day dreams.
  • Board Games: Great way to get together with other people.
  • Reading/learning: Expanding my brain. I'm full of useless information.

v/r

Andy

I have lots of other hobbies. I usually end up focusing on one for a couple of years and then spending more time on another:

• R/C (airplanes, helis, and trucks)
  • Amateur Astronomy (I used to make and sell home-made telescopes)
  • Music (I play guitar and was once in a heavy metal band)
  • Video Games (Whenever I have time. I wrote some text based adventure games when I was a kid.)
  • Rocketry (I build and fly rockets. Personal make size is 10 feet length, and max altitude is about 10,000 feet, and max speed is about Mach 1.8)

Brain Games - mostly eurogames (Agricola, Power Grid, Caylus etc.). I and my GF, we do even host a weekly play evening, to socialize with our friends :)

my other hobbies besides building

Building 1/35 model armor

cycling

music (clarinet, tenor sax, piano)

gaming (World of Tanks,MInecraft)

here's some of the more recent armor that I have built.

14789567975_64ff424a0d_b.jpg1/35 Tiger I final version by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

14781144962_b10c0c14ea_b.jpg1/35 A39 Tortoise by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

14594328408_2b197aaa65_b.jpg1/35th SturmTiger by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky