somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

There is a list of JW vehicles i think some of this we will see for sure as set, i hope for 6X6 mercedes benz G and armoured vehicle.

14190506054_8e103c9054_z.jpg

Only saw empty boxes, which lead me to believe they are only based on the new film and not new ones, as it was the same for the Age of Ultron sets, so they obviously want to avoid spoilers.

the other option is that they are just not ready or that 1 is JP and 3 are JW but they just didn't show any

There is a list of JW vehicles i think some of this we will see for sure as set, i hope for 6X6 mercedes benz G and armoured vehicle.

nothing there looks as iconic as the first film in fact they look a little boring

Well, even if there are only new sets (meaning they follow the new movie's plot) that does not mean that we're not getting Jeeps and the famous gate...as they might aswell be in the new movie. Like, nostalgia and pleasing old fans, too ;)

That's very possible, one of the old tour cars was after all on the Comic-Con poster, so it seems possible they could run across the ruins of the old Jurassic Park over the course of the movie.

I am partial to Lost World's vehicles especially the huge RV that open into a lab and the green vehicles. The RV with lab section would have been perfect for Lego back in the 90s.

Now I have Hobbit, SW, Marvel maybe DC soon and probably Jurassic World to buy. Thanks Lego for taking my money!

I really want to see a molded Mosasaurus since I love aquatic beasts and monsters. So excited the movie finally includes one, I hope we see an icythosaur.

I rewatched it yesterday, and theres not really anything deserving of a set.

Yeah, you're right. I mean, the touring jeep, the command center, tree habitats, the Jurassic Park itself, and THE DINOSAURS would not make for very interesting sets.

At all.

JP 3 is where it's at. An abandoned shelter, a crashed airplane, and bottles of dino wiz would make for much better sets for the license.

with the other lines like Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story when did we see sets for the older films, could lego do the new film first then older sets

Perhaps, although usually when they do a new theme based on some existing franchise that's getting a new movie, they first have a launch wave made up of sets from the earlier movies, and then a wave made up of sets from the new movie. Most of these themes have followed this pattern, with the exception of Pirates of the Caribbean, which launched with one big wave containing mostly stuff from the newest movie, but also had a few sets from the previous ones.

Considering the timing of when the sets will be available, I'm guessing it will release more like POTC, then. There's not time for a complete line based on the older movies. Maybe the best we can hope for is a fan-service JP set thrown in with the JW ones.

If the tour jeeps appear in any form in the new film as some have said, I can see TLG taking advantage of that. A lot of times, it seems the designers are just as big of fans as the rest of us.

NZD Prices! From David Thomsen

49.99 - PT IP B 1

79.99 - PT IP B 2

109.99 - PT IP B 3

149.99 - PT IP B 4

219.99 - PT IP B 5

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

so 5 sets when we were told 4

I can see one JP and 4 JW

Info is from New Zealand and so are prises so I guess 219 could be as little as £100

Edited by SMC

Damn those prices *oh2* Still that means we'll get a Dino(probably a big one) in each set so that's good news!!

Edited by LOTR343

I hope not. I will pass on them then.

Prices are high, so is there a chance for brickbuild dinosaurs.

Edited by OneStudShort

Those are New Zealand prices, the sets will be average priced like other themes and include molded dinosaurs as there is a set precedent.

My ideas for sets:

Flagship will be D-Rex Containment center

An Underwater Observatory set with the Mosasaurus

Raptors in the set with the Gyrosphere ride

A smaller set with a vehicle and maybe golf cart

Another smaller set with the canoe ride

I could see the Mosasaurus being in either 3 sets!

•Underwater Observatory

•The Large Ferry

•The canoe ride

This sound great.

From the 2012 Lego own Dino theme we only have the T-Rex hunter set, so more molded dinos would be welcome.

Those would be some decent sized sets, but I assume they are higher because of the molded dinosaurs, new or old.

I'm hoping for an assortment of vehicles (Helicopter, Armored Car, Ferry), with some structural elements mixed in (Holding Pens, Control Station, etc.) and lots of nicely molded Dinos. One thing to note - do any set pictures show guys in Army-type uniforms with guns? As we are unlikely to see new Gun molds sadly. :(

While that is pretty cool looking, it is more of a display model. In-fact I would love to own something like that for display. However, to market to playability towards kids I am sure they want something more sturdy that can be handled a lot.