somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Lego jurassic park is a childhood dream of mine come true! I really hope they do what they did with Indiana Jones and make a few sets from the older movies. Lego would be foolish not to see the money there.

will we get new dino molds as the last ones were not that long ago and very good

We will get new dino molds if there is any type of dinosaur heavily featured that lego has not made yet. They won't do a new raptor or t-rex mold for instance.

Obviously I don't know that, but it seems the reasonable thing.

We will get new dino molds if there is any type of dinosaur heavily featured that lego has not made yet. They won't do a new raptor or t-rex mold for instance.

Obviously I don't know that, but it seems the reasonable thing.

I think the t-rex from the dino series with a new print would be perfect, but the raptors seem a bit to big Imo.

the t-rex and the raptors were great not sure they could do the same movement if smaller and the small dino was not that great, but given the size of the t-rex if there is something bigger it could give lego a problem

also the price could be very high for these sets

I think the t-rex from the dino series with a new print would be perfect, but the raptors seem a bit to big Imo.

We'll lego's sizes are generally off. and they have chosuen that size for the raptor so i doubt they will make a new one just to change size.

Lego are definitely making JW sets.

Amazing. I know from a reliable source that Hasbro was planning to make Kreo sets and is still doing an action figure line, so this is such a surprise to me.

This is exciting news, that gate with the TRex coming through it is amazing, would love to see a set like that, will be waiting to see what sets get produced, and saving since I will likely have to get 2 of every set. Thanks for the news.

I imagine that we'll get sets based on the older films as well based on prior history (Indiana Jones and the Harry Potter relaunch) and because LEGO will probably want to reuse their new dinosaur molds as much as possible.

I Never watched Jurasic Park but i might and it sounds amazing.

What!! Please do not come back to this forum until you have. ;-)

I saw it when i was little, don't remember the film, although I always liked Dino 2010/Attack and the 2011 Reboot of dino, so this seems cool.

I imagine that we'll get sets based on the older films as well based on prior history (Indiana Jones and the Harry Potter relaunch) and because LEGO will probably want to reuse their new dinosaur molds as much as possible.

Not just those, but most other themes based upon established franchises that had multiple installments long before LEGO made themes of them - Toy Story, Pirates of the Caribbean, and for that matter Star Wars all fit this mold.

That said, there's no telling whether they'll reuse molds or not. In the past decade and a half or so, they've done numerous themes and subthemes concerning dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures - Dinosaurs, Dino Attack / Dino 2010, Dino, Adventurers: Dino Island, and of course the earlier Jurassic Park sets done as part of LEGO Studios - and they nearly always go with mostly or entirely different dinosaur designs. On the other hand, Dino is pretty recent, and does have nice designs, and they've got to get tired of reinventing the wheel at some point...

the t-rex and the raptors were great not sure they could do the same movement if smaller and the small dino was not that great, but given the size of the t-rex if there is something bigger it could give lego a problem

also the price could be very high for these sets

Without going too much into rumored plot points for Jurassic World, it does sound as if there will indeed be something bigger.

Thanks for the info Hulk_Smash. I'm looking forward to these sets as much as everyone else. I'd hoped Lego would redesign the moulds for all the Dinosaurs.

we might see something bigger than a T-Rex this time

can you tell us any more or was there just boxes for these sets?

any sign of sets for the first film?

and thanks for the info Hulk_Smash

Only saw empty boxes, which lead me to believe they are only based on the new film and not new ones, as it was the same for the Age of Ultron sets, so they obviously want to avoid spoilers.

Only saw empty boxes, which lead me to believe they are only based on the new film and not new ones, as it was the same for the Age of Ultron sets, so they obviously want to avoid spoilers.

At least we are still getting Jurassic Park/World sets. I really can't wait!

At least we are still getting Jurassic Park/World sets. I really can't wait!

thanks again for all the info Hulk_Smash

with the other lines like Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story when did we see sets for the older films, could lego do the new film first then older sets, we think lego have not had the rights for long so they might not have had time to revisit the older films first but they must know how much they are wanted because ideas went crazy for a month with all the JP sets popping up

for the first time I hope they don't do a small set as the small dino set was bad unless they don't put a dino in it maybe just some eggs or some thing, I think with the cost of molds the sets might be

£20-£30

£30-£40

£50

£70-£100

Well, even if there are only new sets (meaning they follow the new movie's plot) that does not mean that we're not getting Jeeps and the famous gate...as they might aswell be in the new movie. Like, nostalgia and pleasing old fans, too ;)