CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Is the Avengers Tower worth $35, if I already have Thor and the Mark 43?

If you can get it for $35....definitely

Is the Avengers Tower worth $35, if I already have Thor and the Mark 43?

I'd say go for it. It's a pretty great display model if you are into that kind of thing.

Edited by Quicksilver

Here are some pictures I took of the minifigures inside the Lego Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-Up set.

Iron Spider Front

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/17975610269/

Iron Spider Back

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/16172073140/

Spider-Man Front

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/17974226400/

Spider-Man Back

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/18161965625/

Rhino Front

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/18161984135/

Rhino Back

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/17975790899/

Sandman Front

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/17541455793/

Sandman Back

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lego_photos-kez/17974183818/

The minifigures within this set are actually pretty cool, my personal favourite is Rhino however Spider-Man's moulded legs are a great addition. :classic:

Edited by Kez

MSH really seems to be reducing the number of new head prints. First Gandalf's head on Pym, now LOTR elf face on on Sandman, and generic clone head on Rhino.

MSH really seems to be reducing the number of new head prints. First Gandalf's head on Pym, now LOTR elf face on on Sandman, and generic clone head on Rhino.

None of the Ant Man figs have new heads. The SHIELD Agent also has Rays face from Ghostbusters, but that's fine since it's a generic figure.

That iron spider is really bland looking. It needed boot molding. I feel like most of the figs from the USM line are just not up to par with most of the other marvel figs, save a few

That iron spider is really bland looking. It needed boot molding. I feel like most of the figs from the USM line are just not up to par with most of the other marvel figs, save a few

I'm fine without more boot molding, but I'd definitely appreciate some form of leg printing. That's my major issue with Miles Morales, too.

Edited by K-Nut

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that Iron Spider is really lacking. Just a teensy bit of extra printing would make this much better. It lacks a certain boldness, I think.

I, fine without more boot molding, but I'd definitely appreciate some form of leg printing. That's my major issue with Miles Morales, too.

Just a little gold stripe near the bottom of the leg would've been enough. Maybe some gold on the arms near the hands would've helped, too. (It's a shame they used gold, because if they did that to those arms in yellow I'd have to buy the set just to improve my Flash figure!)

Also, that Iron Spider is severely lacking. Looks almost second hand.

Yep. But Spidey is severely great. The boots make the figure. And they will be great for Superman too.

Yep. But Spidey is severely great. The boots make the figure. And they will be great for Superman too.

And for cap america. Too bad the new spidey polybag has old spideypants. It is not that they have to get rid of old parts, so i think there's no excuse for not including new bootspants in that poly.

As for Sandman i think the decission of making his torso half sand half greenstriped shirt is a bad one. It just doesnt work for me.

I also agree with most of you that iron spider looks a bit bland. Plus the neck-thingy in black is really distracting.

I'm fine without more boot molding, but I'd definitely appreciate some form of leg printing. That's my major issue with Miles Morales, too.

But miles' suit doesn't have any designing on the legs. they're just black

Why did they do that to Sandman's torso? The coloring from his pants to his torso doesn't even match...UGH. Sometimes these fig designers need to be slapped :wall: Surely there's enough in the budget to get some higher quality printing and designing...I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. The Antman and Carnage sets are very good though. But this one is just a let down.

Why did they do that to Sandman's torso? The coloring from his pants to his torso doesn't even match...UGH. Sometimes these fig designers need to be slapped :wall: Surely there's enough in the budget to get some higher quality printing and designing...I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. The Antman and Carnage sets are very good though. But this one is just a let down.

I think the sand on the torso looks fine I just hate the sand colored arm. I'll just swap it out for a green arm with flesh hand and give him dark tan pants.

More comic accurate. :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

Hey hey, those guys do their very best y'know it's hard to always please everyone (as i've expirienced) sure i get your hatred for a beloved character being misprinted / not-as-you-wanted but don't blame the Character developers, sometimes they are not the ones who make those decisions

Edited by kevkipo

And for cap america. Too bad the new spidey polybag has old spideypants. It is not that they have to get rid of old parts, so i think there's no excuse for not including new bootspants in that poly.

I've got one excuse: it makes that Sandman set all the more valuable. Just like the Bat-boots in the Jokerland set.

I think it's really great that they gave Sandman the sand arm here. It's much easier to get a green arm and flesh hand than it would be to find an arm like that. The shirt doesn't look too bad.

I'm not loving the sand on Sandman's shirt. It sort of reminds me of the Clark Kent we got a few years back where he's midway through changing into his costume, it's cool looking but it's really an intermediate stage between two other minifigures. I'd rather have had a completely sand Sandman or a civilian Sandman. I can live with this though.

Spidey's boots are great, but they don't really fix any of the problems I had with the original minifigure. It's still too bright, the lines too cartoony and the details are still a bit lackluster. Really this was a lateral move, they went from clone syndrome to 'new hat' syndrome. I'm glad I'll have boots for Superman and that we'll probably get an MCU version of Spidey next year.

Hey hey, those guys do their very best y'know it's hard to always please everyone (as i've expirienced) sure i get your hatred for a beloved character being misprinted / not-as-you-wanted but don't blame the Character developers, sometimes they are not the ones who make those decisions

I just think there have been some very lazy decisions made this wave.

Spidey's boots are great, but they don't really fix any of the problems I had with the original minifigure. It's still too bright, the lines too cartoony and the details are still a bit lackluster. Really this was a lateral move, they went from clone syndrome to 'new hat' syndrome. I'm glad I'll have boots for Superman and that we'll probably get an MCU version of Spidey next year.

They don't look quite right to me. They need web printing on them. Shame.

They have all of the summer sets at Harrods in London except the Ant Man set. They are all more expensive. If the set is $13 in America, its 13 pounds there, and ponds are more than the dollar.

I was in my local TRU today and they had the Spider-Man hideout (the juniors set with Classic Gobby) for $29.99 CAD. Has anybody purchased it yet and if so, is it worth $30?

I was in my local TRU today and they had the Spider-Man hideout (the juniors set with Classic Gobby) for $29.99 CAD. Has anybody purchased it yet and if so, is it worth $30?

I bought it for 32€, Classic Green Goblin was the main draw for me of course. It's also got Red Hips Spidey, which looks better than plain blue pants spidey, but those legs are not really hard to get.

The Single piece Helicopter-body and printed Gate are pretty "special" and will be hard to use for MOCing.

I liked the printed pieces, i.e. pumpkin discs, Flat plates with several Spider-Man-logos, Newspapers etc.

Oh, there's also a yellow slide that might be interesting.

TL;DR: it's a 20€ green goblin + a spidey-Variant and some nice printed parts, but otherwise mostly BUJPs. (Big ugly Juniors Pieces).

I bought it for 32€, Classic Green Goblin was the main draw for me of course. It's also got Red Hips Spidey, which looks better than plain blue pants spidey, but those legs are not really hard to get.

The Single piece Helicopter-body and printed Gate are pretty "special" and will be hard to use for MOCing.

I liked the printed pieces, i.e. pumpkin discs, Flat plates with several Spider-Man-logos, Newspapers etc.

Oh, there's also a yellow slide that might be interesting.

TL;DR: it's a 20€ green goblin + a spidey-Variant and some nice printed parts, but otherwise mostly BUJPs. (Big ugly Juniors Pieces).

Thanks. I am considering if I could fit it in my Lego Budget. But The Goblin is so Awesome I might have to splurge.

Edited by Quicksilver