Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

It is absolutely glorious! It continues the trend of awesome $20 SH sets in a big way. GL and Sinestro?! Yes, please. Take my money now. I like the little spaceship, too. It's a nice little design and makes the set not just an excuse to buy the minifigs.

I wonder why the rotating image on the article featured decorated SB wings like in the game, but the images don't. S@H images tend to be preliminary or feature errors, though. I like that the new cowl is metallic, since the game images made it seem white or gray-that's why. I will definitely pick this up as soon as I can. That spring platform seems to be a potential 2015 play feature attempt-like spring missiles from this year. I think they're reaching.

Drat. :wacko:

Just found out about this, thought I was the first to spread the good news. :facepalm:

Sorry to any forum moderators if my alerting PMs were annoying - I didn't realize it was already posted here, and was a bit excited at being (I thought) the first to break the news...

Ah, well. On the good side of things, we get a Green Lantern for only $19.99.

Wait, look at the stud shooters on the wings. It looks like a new piece. Like half of the shooter has been cut off.

-Sci

Wow, Not a bad little set. Although the jet looks almost exactly like the one from the Hulk Helicarrier breakout. Kinda disappointing there

Wait, look at the stud shooters on the wings. It looks like a new piece. Like half of the shooter has been cut off.

Looks like it! It's very nice to have those on ships now. Definitely looks better than the handheld versions.

Edited by K-Nut

There are probably unseen clip pieces holding the handles, but they're the same stud-shooter guns we had this year.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Even if it comes out on the brightest day or the blackest night this set will not escape my sight! Wow! Switch the heads and you get GL Sinestro!

There are probably unseen clip pieces holding the handles, but they're the same stud-shooter guns we had this year.

The wing piece, though, looks like just one mold like we've had in a few sets already, so I don't think the handles can be clipped somewhere.

I gotta be honest, I'm underwhelmed.

After waiting so long for Green Lantern, my excitement has apparently ran out. Space Batman looks great; hopefully his wings are printed, but either way he's perfect. I don't understand that clear stand though; I'm sure that'll be explained at some point.

Green Lantern looks great. His ship is fine. The Yellow construct building is good too. But Sinestro is just disappointing to me. I think that's because I loved his Game design so much, and this is just so boring by comparison. I don't like how he has yellow hands rather than pink, and I really don't like the common hair use--the Superhero theme almost seems like it's required to use 1 of 4 hair types. I really feel Lego should have used the wolf-elf-ear-hair, which would have been perfect. His torso to me is overly detailed, and his face print seems too thin and small. But I think the worst part is the harsh difference between the front legs being printed and the sides not being printed. It's very, very contrasting, and I wish after waiting all this time Lego would have went all out on the printing of GL and Sinestro; ala Wonder Woman. It's just meh.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm just not wowed by this set.

I would have liked his hair/ears piece from the game, but they packed in a lot of new pieces in this set, so it's forgivable.

Sinestro would look better with hair of the guy from Star Wars Republic Strike Class Fighter Old Republic set.

I don't like how he has yellow hands rather than pink, and I really don't like the common hair use--the Superhero theme almost seems like it's required to use 1 of 4 hair types.

I can get that. The hair isn't that great, but I still find it acceptable. There's probably some better hair choices (like the elf hair) but I think that the Zod hair could be fine too.

The problem with the widow's peak Sinestro has is that none of the characters it's used on really work with it. It's not accurate for any licensed character who uses it. That platform is "bouncy" so either it uses a spring or a snap-back reaction to launch a minifigure.

Is GL the same as the SDCC version?

No. They are both very different in terms of design.