Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Styrvoky

LDD to POV-ray mac

I Have been unable to run POV-ray on my mac because the only versions that is available is in .exe format. I also attempted to run that file with wine and Playonmac but had no success.

I Have been unable to run POV-ray on my mac because the only versions that is available is in .exe format. I also attempted to run that file with wine and Playonmac but had no success.

Maybe try running it on Windows. Windows supports .exe files natively. Furthermore, the requirements do not mention any MacOS to be supported by LDD to POV-ray.

But why do you open a new thread for that issue? Just use the existing one.

Maybe try running it on Windows. Windows supports .exe files natively. Furthermore, the requirements do not mention any MacOS to be supported by LDD to POV-ray.

But why do you open a new thread for that issue? Just use the existing one.

the only problem is that I don't Have a windows computer. i might just have to find a alternative to ldd to pov-ray.

the only problem is that I don't Have a windows computer. i might just have to find a alternative to ldd to pov-ray.

That does not have to be much of a problem: You can install Windows on a Mac, as described here. And you'll find free test versions of Windows here.

You should be able to use Bricksmith or LDD to build your model, then open the LDR/LXF file with the Mac version of LDView (here: http://ldview.sourceforge.net/ ), and export to a POV render file from there. Then you can use the Mac port of POV-Ray to do the actual render (available here: http://megapov.ineta...unofficial_mac/ ).

ldview keeps crashing pov-ray works fine