-Carson Haupt-

Mount Up! The Lesser Rustwing

In some of the more heavily forested areas of Avalonia, there is a breed of mid sized dragon known as the Lesser Rustwing. Their relatively small size allows them to agilely navigate the trees of their habitat. Over time, the elves have learned to domesticate these mighty beasts, and to use them for transportation when horses would be too slow, as well as beasts of war.

14701344995_5e987eafc0_c.jpg

14698181791_bfdcc79e98_c.jpg

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

Yeah those wings work great. I love the way it looks from the front, it looks as if it is launching itself out of the swamp into the air.

One thing though... Do it have to stay In the air constantly due to its lack of legs?

also I think there is a 3 picture limit

Nice idea! Love the wings, and the base is great!

Thanks! They were too big when unfolded, and I like the little point on the back, so I like them too!

Yeah those wings work great. I love the way it looks from the front, it looks as if it is launching itself out of the swamp into the air.

One thing though... Do it have to stay In the air constantly due to its lack of legs?

also I think there is a 3 picture limit

Thanks! That was the point! Umm.. Let's say they're tucked up out of the way for flight. Yeah that's it... Also thanks for pointing that out! Could've sworn it was five.

An exceedingly fine entry. The wings of the beast are very interesting, especially with the curvature and edges. The landscape is also deserving of praise; the swamp is superb. :classic:

Edited by Scaevola

An exceedingly fine entry. The wings of the beast are very interesting, especially with the curvature and edges. The landscape is also deserving of praise; the swamp is superb. :classic:

Thanks! Glad someone noted the base!

Thats a fine mount you have there! Making use of a sail for the wings is very clever! Also a nice base that has definatly got that swamp feel to it. Most excellent entry. :thumbup:

Thats a fine mount you have there! Making use of a sail for the wings is very clever! Also a nice base that has definatly got that swamp feel to it. Most excellent entry. :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch! Glad you like it!

Brilliantly done :thumbup:

Thanks!

Great entry Mr. Haupt! I love the wings and the muted coloring.

Thanks! Means a lot form you!

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

I'm usually not a fan of brick-built beasts, but this is fantastic. Where did you get those eyes?

I really like the shape of the head :thumbup: . I'd be curious to see what the wings look like unfolded, but the look you've achieved with the fold is very nice, and fits the dragon well. The base too is really well done with the dense foliage and lower swampy bit.

I wonder if there would be an alternative way to make it look like the minifig is hold the ropes -> it kinda looks like his arms are going to be ripped off as soon as the beast flaps its wings :look:.

Great job, I love the wings and the tail!

Thanks!

Great job on the head design! I also love the integration of the wings. :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch!

I'm usually not a fan of brick-built beasts, but this is fantastic. Where did you get those eyes?

Glad you like it! They came from the crocodile legend beast set.

I really like the shape of the head :thumbup: . I'd be curious to see what the wings look like unfolded, but the look you've achieved with the fold is very nice, and fits the dragon well. The base too is really well done with the dense foliage and lower swampy bit.

I wonder if there would be an alternative way to make it look like the minifig is hold the ropes -> it kinda looks like his arms are going to be ripped off as soon as the beast flaps its wings :look:.

Thank you! Without the fold, the wings look too big (at least in my opinion) but I'm glad you like them! I agree about the ropes, however that was the only way I could think of to keep the wings up without and unsightly framework.

Sweet entry Carson. That critter is awesome and the dense foilage base is nicely done (great use of all those odd dark green wedge plates from the LOTR sets that I never know what to do with...). That is a tough compromise between the way the rider controls the beast, like you said a frame system could be a little unsightly on this size of a build. Anyways, I like how the rustwing looks like it's just taking off. Good work!

I have the utmost respect for your stylistic matching up of a very dangerous beat and it's environs..! Well done.

Sweet entry Carson. That critter is awesome and the dense foilage base is nicely done (great use of all those odd dark green wedge plates from the LOTR sets that I never know what to do with...). That is a tough compromise between the way the rider controls the beast, like you said a frame system could be a little unsightly on this size of a build. Anyways, I like how the rustwing looks like it's just taking off. Good work!

Thanks! I love landscaping in dark green, it just gives it that nice damp vibe. I'm glad you like the dragon as well!

That is an amazing creature!

Thanks Behemoth!

I have the utmost respect for your stylistic matching up of a very dangerous beat and it's environs..! Well done.

Thank you! I think the two play off each other quite nicely.

Great build! Really like the color you have choosed, the position of it(I look alive) and the environment around it!

Really cool build, Carson! I like how you've used the string to double up as a harness and to hold the wings up, clever. :classic:

Very cool dragon, Carson :thumbup: I especially like the head and tail. Some legs would be nice, but I can see how they would be difficult to add.

The base is excellent, I like the cat-tails and trans green part most :classic:

Small and effective dragon design there CH, the base fits perfectly :thumbup:

Haha great job with the eyes! Also the wings are very cool :)