Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six

Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six

The heroic web-swinger Spider-Man juggles saving the lives of the endangered construction crew and his own life when the coalition of villains known as the Sinister Six attacks!

14661774005_50a521553e_z.jpg

This is my largest Marvel creation to date, and it also features the most Marvel characters in one build. It is inspired in large part by the TV show “Spectacular Spiderman” both in the look of some characters and the setting.

This creation also emphasizes the duties of a hero; here Spider-Man is shown not concerned with his own life, but with the lives of the nearby construction workers. Spider-Man shoots webs to help support and protect the scaffolding structure; and he also shoots a web to save a falling worker, all while in the grainy grips of Sandman.

14661942405_334fe0596e.jpg14661942755_235a1eb142.jpg

Electro

14661549752_8e081a91a9_z.jpg

Electro gliding to battle on the NY power lines. Originally, the idea for the creation (Which is very old at this point) was to only include a classic Electro and Sandman in the same setting, but upon discovering Lego swapped classic Electro (In the set prelims) for the Ultimate version, I shelved the creation. I also contemplated using a custom classic-styled Electro instead; and trans-yellow electricity was constructed for the creation; but after seeing it was not as bright as I would have liked, I settled on the official figure and the brighter blue color theme.

Sandman

14661550302_67f08282f4_c.jpg

The morphing sand-monster grows from the ground to capture Spider-Man! Apparently it’s much easier to make a brick built Sandman then a minifigure scale one—or at least that’s what I tell myself. The build didn’t require a minifigure scale Sandman anyways, but the build version did turn out with a Clayface vibe. Incidentally, the Sandman that was constructed turned out almost exactly like a Clayface concept I’ve wanted to build for a significant period; it’s basically just a color swap of that idea. I'm very happy with how he turned out, especially considering I used basically every tan slope I could find, ergo meaning I need to get more!

Vulture

14661550092_4a098cdc0e.jpg

The Vulture here is based on his Spectacular Spider-Man appearance out of necessity. I would have loved to make a classic green version, but keeping it purist makes that impossible. The trans-red Falcon wings mixed with bat-arm wings however makes a great combination for that costume variant.

Kraven the Hunter

14661550102_36a09758d6.jpg

Getting ready to spear Spider-Man, Kraven the Hunter is the only figure of the group that is not purist; he uses custom legs originally made for my Cheetah figure.

Mysterio

14661549772_d5a9ac8874_z.jpg

Mysterio flies above the battle...mysteriously. This figure is a revamped version of my previous Mysterio; however he is not based on any particular version of the character. If you're wondering, the object inside the trans-clear dome is the CMF Nurse scrub hat.

Doctor Octopus

14661550072_78a25b5ba7_z.jpg

Very much a mix of the official figure and the tentacle design seen on my previous Doctor Octopus. His larger claws were swapped for smaller ones in this creation, both due to required connections, weight concerns, and a lack of parts.

Saving the Day

14661943615_d1e501db88.jpg

14661943205_54baf8114a.jpg

"Everybody gets one. Tell him Peter."

14661943015_40042f4805.jpg

"Deadpool senses tingling! Need pizza! "

14661943175_e337ae935b.jpg

The Sinister Six

14654371641_e22cf7abdc.jpg

Enjoy!

~Nemo

Beautiful! This is one of my favorite MOCs of yours. The version of Doc Ock (Which reminds me of the one from the game) and purist Falcon is fantastic, and I love the brick-built Sandman. I also like you went for the original Sinister Six (Kraven lives! :grin: ). The way you made the power lines was also genius. Frankly, I love everything about it! :wub:

I'm a conformist! Captain Nemo!

This looks great. :classic:

Much action and detail.

This does remind me of Spiderman comics from 1992 (I believe, otherwise it is 1993).

Where does the legs of Kraven come from?

I love it! There's so much action in it and it's great to see the Six all together. I like that Spiderman looks like he's having a rough time of it as well. From this brief snapshot of the battle, the outcome is very much in favor of the Six.

Of your villains, I like Mysterio the best. Not only does he look perfect to me (and I may have to steal his design), his position in the battle and smoke enveloping him are both nicely done.

Wow, fantastic job!

I really like the setup, especially how sandman, electro and mysterio are fit in.

Mysterio and his cloud are sweet.

And the Deadpool-Cameo is a nice detail :laugh:

This really feels like a Spider-Man vs Sinister Six Cover come alive in 3D and Lego.

Excellent job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by DarthBrickus

Wow, you really did capture the Spectacular Spiderman vibe here. :thumbup: I like how you've captured Vulture, I've got my version sitting somewhere.

I need to buckle down and do a Spidey MOC...

This is so cool! That vulture combo is great, and I absolutely love Electro on the power lines. Nice job! :thumbup:

This is amazing to say the least! :sweet: I love the effect with Mysterio and Electro! The power lines are incredible!

This is reaaallly amazing!! The spectacular spider man is my favorite Spidey show far better then USM. :sick: I really like how all the villains have their own little spot to showcase there skills. The design of the girders and the site in general is very well executed. I love it! :grin:

This is spectacular! (no pun intended). I would buy this as a set. The construction site is made beautifully, and I love the minifigs, especially Mysterio. What parts were used to build him? Thank you for making such a masterpiece!

Outstanding job on this. I especially love the sand hand and Electro's power cloud. I would also buy this as a set. Two questions: what is Spidey's torso and how did you get the clamshell in Mysterio's head?

I love it. It has a great deal of energy and motion. It feels like it lept off a comic page.

Wow.

That's beautiful! It has the feel of a splash page completed in Lego form, and that's just too damn cool.

Awesome stuff! I love all the custom purist heroes- not so much of a fan of Kraven, the legs look a little off to me. Maybe some of the leopard legs from Chima? Mysterio though, probably my favourite Spidey villain ever, and you've captured him perfectly! If TLG ever release an official fig, I'll be gauging him against yours!

Outstanding piece of work! I enjoyed the many details in this action sequence, especially able to see the Sinister Six going against Spiderman.

What a lovely MOC! I love the fact that it's very dynamic and there's a lot of things happening. Although I'm not too familiar with all the villans, I checked the web, and must say they're all splendid. Vulture could have flesh hands though ... Also love the Doc enhancement and Deadpool cameo - he might be my favourite character since the LEGO Marvel computer game :) It's a nice idea for a construction site as a base. It's simple and does not take focus from the characters yet very effective. Great work!

This MOC looks amazing, love the use of webs and use of Emmet body (I have a feeling that we are going to see those a lot on MOCs like this :grin: ) but when is that building going to be done, I mean it was still like that since it was first seen from Marvel (I first seen it in Spider-man 3).

Of what I think of the minifigure and Sandman; Electro I like that he wasn't the classic because in my opinion, this Electro fits a lot better and so that Spider-Man can let him know, that he needs some pants right now. Sandman, I really don't have anything to say about him be it's good that you used that instead of a Minifigure buuuuut Where My Sandcastle :angry: . Vulture I mostly don't like the black and red, the green one is a lot better in my opinion and I hope LEGO make a Vulture Minifigure one day for Spider-NoPants 8 :wacko: . Kraven the Hunter is good but I think orange or dark orange legs with a belt would fit a lot better and fix the pure (now all is left is to bricktize him :tongue: ). Mysterio look great, like that you used that Chima armor piece but I think this armor piece would look awesome but I don't think it would work because of the fishbowl. octor Octopus okay (I don't like DO really). Deadpool is Deadpool and Stay Away From My Nachos :laugh: .

Hat's off for this build. It's amazing and makes me want to try some of my own Marvel ideas for MOCs that I've been putting off. I always say the best praise you can give someone for a creative work is that it inspires you. This inspires me!