Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

"House of Chaos"

Had a blast this weekend with the NZ lego gang at the Christchurch Brick Show 2014! this was my display, winning both AFOL choice and first in show! (yay more lego! :D)

also as I didn't bring my camera im stealing other peoples pictures of the moc :p

Not sure how this ties in with GOH really but looks like it could be part of it? someone at the show gave it the title "house of chaos", which has stuck :p

enjoy!

David

14680403193_cce820b58b_c.jpg

14641959932_5e15069388_b.jpg

14658547244_9f1fb1a163_z.jpg

14474016080_51465f8e5d_z.jpg

14474072808_c418bfc6e8_z.jpg

10325172_10204427381553328_1155362042058207138_n.jpg

10544400_10152159519467595_8679577912498452286_n.jpg

this is the point in the build where I ran out of bricks...

10534774_10152159519477595_855317561878062093_n.jpg?oh=37bef30932640d12a9a2c62ce2faf51f&oe=5435FCC8&__gda__=1415009688_49797726fe0eb7f6178a4dade81f2a53

Edited by Legonardo

Wow! Classic Legonardo style, only that this is taken to a new level of refinement :classic:

My favorite parts are the roof (especially the smooth shape) and the stone wall.

Extremely deserving of those awards! This is just a beauty, I agree qith Gideon about the roof being the show stealer, and the colors to this build are fantastic.

Wow, the chimney and the roof are simply amazing. And the car stuck in the back is a nice touch. :thumbup: But I have to ask, is it very sturdy? :classic:

Great moc! I love the detail particularly the roof and chimney. You've got an awesome style that runs through all your builds!

Got to love that dark blue roof! And the tilts to the walls are amazing! :thumbup:

No bricks? No problem! Just crash a damn car right through the wall and you'll be good! :laugh: Great build, I love the roof and the overall whacky look and detail of the place. :wink:

Wow! Great stuff LD. And congrats on the well deserved wins.

Wow.... I did not realise this was your moc when you posted it in the nocturnus thread, but congratulations on those well deserved awards! The roof is definatly my favorite part of this build, but there is so much to look at! :wub:

Wow LD, this is amazing! The roof's curvature, color and patches are incredible. Then there is the chimney.... :wacko:

:thumbup:

I see you fixed the back :look::wub:

Fantastic build man.

You've really taken your buildings to a whole new level of awesome.

So awesome LD. Good to see you back building after your broken arm earlier in the year! :classic: The roof is sweet but i also like the half-timbered section over the front door with the curved beams. Your solution to the back is genius too. :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks guys! glad you like it! Plew2000, haha so many ask that ;) actually this house was very sturdy, managed to survive the flight down to christchurch and I was able to pick it up from the walls to shift it :)

Wonderful work Legonardo! This is truly a piece of art. I'm not sure where to begin, but for one I absolutely love how you used such rare colors in this build. The house itself is just brilliant, as is that chimney. Absolutely stunning!

Congratulations on winning AFOL choice and First in Show, they were definitely well earned :thumbup:

I'm very impressed with how flawlessly you pulled off the roof angles, and the trans dark blue tiles on the roof work suprisingly well. Superb texturing throughout, especially the chimney :thumbup: I really like the door frame and the swords used as hinges are really neat. So glad you're building again :classic:

Wow :drool: You really are going to have to create a tutorial for how to do this style of building. I still don't understand how this is able to exist in Lego.

Amazing!!! I like how the siding on the house is angled and the curved rock thingy( chimney?) is very detailed. and now historica has access to a time machine!! It might be best to keep that away from certain individuals

Excellent work. The layering on the roof is superb, as is the stonework (especially the chimney :wub: ). Might I also add that that's quite an innovative and effective way to remedy the shortage of bricks.

Awesome work mate :thumbup:! I love everything in this MOC, it must be the best one I've seen for a long time. All the details and angles just look perfect and the blue roof also gives the build something very unique we haven't seen before. Csongrats on the first place!