Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thanks man! I appreciate it! Easier to just search the set number up top. A bit underwhelmed. Crook shelter is a must buy for me though.

Looks like no city sets for me... they look so underwhelming and pretty much have no unique qualities. Reminds me of how lego town went in the late 90s after a golden era in the late 80s early 90s, the look of everything is just cartoonish and cheap.

As much I agree they look very cartoonish, I will not agree the designs and ideas are boring!

come on! The small sets look great with Snow plough, Toi-toi transport and That nice yellow car!

I figure we are a year or two out from Lego going full on meta turning in on themselves and accidentally releasing a "Fire Police"

Police Police....

I know they are prelim pics, but I'm a little disappointed with the slightly <insert that tiresome argument> look of the vehicles, I'm sure it's the oversized wheels that are becoming more common now, which throws out the scale of the vehicles is to blame.

What used to be a Lorry wheel, is now standard on a car, and plenty of the cars and trucks in next years line up almost appear to come with monster truck tyres. I mean the plough on the snow plough is 12 wide on a 6 wide vehicle, it just seems so out of scale. but it does look like the best set from the Great vehicles set for next year.

From the demolition series, I like the portaloo vehicle, although the portaloo looks a little unfinished, it would look better with a new piece, 4x8 tile on the sides instead of a 4x8 plate. I also quite like the tipper truck and wheeled grab loader. Has potential to convert into a timber loader for the forest workers, or a scrap yard equipment.

I'm not fussed by the swamp police, although I must say that the police don't feature too highly in the sets which is nice,

Edited by paul_delahaye

Of course they're just prelim pics, but... The Swamp Police are just... Weird. It's not a bad idea, I suppose, but the crook hovels are really the only things I like about the theme.

Snow plow is a given, and I like a lot of the smaller vehicle driven sets. But it's kind of funny that the best CITY set are actually coming out of the Creator line-- the Flower Shop & Cafe, and the new Grocery & Toy Shop are among the best City sets what they want, and seemingly the only that are giving fans more of what they want, civilian structures.

I'm not surprised to see lots of Police things. I do like the Swamp idea, but I hope to see some of swamp sets NOT doing with the Police. I think a swamp set might be what the Friends Jungle sets lack this year.

Just saying, I'm surprised that Emmet and Gail's helmets with hair are not making reuses in new construction sets. But the dozer driver from 60076 seems to have hair in helemt.

I think the pics have been taken down. Nothing on that link by searching set numbers

Yep, sounds like Lego's heavy's have gotten on to that retailer to pull them down.....for the moment, or was it planned to cause internet chatter ?

They look okay. Favorite part is the SUV Design in the Crook Hideout. Hope those instructions go online, as want them for a Jurassic World MOC. :classic:

Instructions usually pop up in the first week of January.

Has anyone noticed the amount of SNOT in the swamp police station.....SNOT'ed tiled exterior walls ? :wink:

Instructions usually pop up in the first week of January.

Has anyone noticed the amount of SNOT in the swamp police station.....SNOT'ed tiled exterior walls ? :wink:

Which one was the swamp police station? I didn't see it up there on the site, just the crook hideout and the hovercraft chase.

Google cache of imgur still works. Scroll down a bit to see all the city pics.

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Nice work.... I guess someday TLG will try to block EB as well, as long as it contains links or pictures that are still confidential.. what does the board when it sees pictures in on of the forums that contain confidential pics???Anyway, some nice sets!