Sign in to follow this  
Covenant84

howls moving castle

Hi all. Thinking of attempting to make this including interior detail. Will be a while yet as will need to collect bricks but wondered if anyone has tried to do this before and if so are there pictures? Thanks.

Ya, here is a small one from CUUSOO:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/37352

It will be a big task to make one with interior and everything, but I am excited to see it! Howl's Moving Castle is my all time favourite Ghibli film, and perhaps even my favourite piece of animation as a whole, that being said, it will be awesome to see another interpretation of it in lego form! I can't wait to see it! Good luck!

Thanks guys.... will post here if I get anywhere with it. Another question to ponder... would it make sense to do the inside and build around it... or build the castle and then work out the inside?

Hey guys,

I'm the creator of the Howl's Moving Castle MOC that bighappysmiles shared. Thanks for sharing! The project may be dead, but the model is alive and well, resting on my shelf in my office. Anyway, check out the updates side of the project for a MUCH better model - redesigned and actually built, as opposed to the LDD design on the front page. You'll also catch some scenes of the build in progress.

https://ideas.lego.c...s/37352/updates

Good luck with your detailed HMC. My very-small-scaled model took about 800 pieces to build, so no doubt you're in for a treat / challenge. Let me konw if you need some input regarding the challenges of designing a HMC. As for your question, I'd say start by choosing a scale based on the amount of detail you want / are able to incorporate on the interior, and work out from there. But, don't build it that way. The build will require a lot of planning, especially because the castle looks so different between various scenes in the movie (perhaps a nod to the fact that it is after all an assemblage of moving junk parts loosely held together), so settling on a layout of hte spaces is hard enough. I'm sure the build will be very rewarding, though, since there is very little repetition throughout.

I have another Ghibli project near completion (no, not the Laputian Robot that is my profile pic--that's another dead IDEAS project), and I'll post when it's done.

K

Edited by Speshy