Sign in to follow this  
cesbrick

[MOC] Medieval Tavern

Hi there!

Well, this is my first post (got to do a presentation post!) here on Eurobricks and I've just very recently get out of my dark ages and I,m having a great time (and spending a lot of money too!).

So this is my first medieval MOC and my 5th total since my returning.

It´s a medieval tavern with a "hotel inn" on the upper floors. I tried to make it look like it's a busy tavern. I must say I quite enjoyed building this and the medieval theme is growing up on me!

Hope you like.

Here are some photos:

14388043928_3991b01e8e_c.jpgTavern 1 by csar_soares, on Flickr

14594771673_48d5148f8a_c.jpgTavern7 by csar_soares, on Flickr

14594772543_0599863434_c.jpgTavern5 by csar_soares, on Flickr

14594772983_b81c68781f_c.jpgTavern4 by csar_soares, on Flickr

14574670495_a5d421f246_c.jpgTavern3 by csar_soares, on Flickr

14388045798_f90496ff5d_c.jpgTavern2 by csar_soares, on Flickr

Great build indeed! The stonework is excellent as are the tudor-style sections. The roof is good too, but it would look better without the yellow tiles. I concur with lego that you should jojn GoH. It's a great place to develop your building skills, and get some top notch constructive criticism from some legendary builders.

Nice! I love the roof, and the stonework is really cool!

Thank you all for your nice comments! Glade you like it. :)

Lego, 3364 - I went to see what Guilds of Historica was but the information is overwhelming! So if I understanded correctly first I must create a Sig Fig and then choose a Land right? But then I was lost with the tasks... Do I have to do it? Or is it optional?

As others have said, wonderful work all the way around. The roof works surprisingly well with the yellow bits in it, and I like the smoke technique, although it must be fragile. It will have to try it! Great work!

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator

Thank you guys! :)

Gary, yes it is quite fragile. It's made of transclear plates 1x2 and 1x1. I tried to make it sturdier by placing the bricks closer, but the effect was not the same.

Thank you all for your nice comments! Glade you like it. :)

Lego, 3364 - I went to see what Guilds of Historica was but the information is overwhelming! So if I understanded correctly first I must create a Sig Fig and then choose a Land right? But then I was lost with the tasks... Do I have to do it? Or is it optional?

I'm pretty sure it's optional.

Awesome build! Lots of details! I really like the building, the rock parts on the bottom are fantastic. The roof is done very well.

Absolutely beautiful. The colour palette and detailing are wonderful. I really like the door hinges, and my favourite detail is the NPU green feathers for salad! I would love to see you in GoH too, I think you would enjoy it. No, you don't have to do any tasks, you can help your chosen guild with fabulous "free build" MOCs like this.

Whoa! That's really awesome! The thing that stands out to me the most is the incredible texture of the thatched roof and the brick, it gives a sence of depth that can be hard to achieve with lego. I also like how you added some variety in the walls with different browns and yellows. The part where the plaster has been stripped away to show the logs underneath also caught my attention. Good job and I hope to see many more amazing mocs like this one in the future!

Very cool. Nice textures on the stone and roof. If I were to change one thing it would be to differ the colors of the roof and side of the house a bit more. Great job, you should join the Guilds of Historica!

Thank you all very much for your comments!

I've been reading the threads on GoH and It's amazing! :classic: I Think I will join soon because this type of MOCs are becoming my favorites.

Now I just have to choose a Guild (Avalonia seems to fit me better) and and create a Sig Fig to start :classic:

Edited by cesbrick

Good job! The walls and the roof are fantastic, but also: the general atmosphere feels very lively! Excellent job!

Very nice. I see a lot of Eurobricks' members have been an influence to you in this build. Very appropriate that you found your way here!

Now I just have to choose a Guild (Avalonia seems to fit me better) and and create a Sig Fig to start :classic:

Or Nocturnus, because it is the best!