VintageLegoEra

!Lego 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge--New Built Review!

HI Everyone!

After building the Awesome Black Pearl, here is my other POTC Ship finished Today. IMO, this set is awesome in details and building and i love the sails design.

Here are some photos of the Set:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g464/TamiyaEra/20140627_155219-1_zpsdca7db8c.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g464/TamiyaEra/20140627_155231-1_zpsa107f7a6.jpg

20140627_155243_zpsbc439af7.jpg

20140627_155310-1_zps091e597e.jpg

What an amazing design of the rear section of the Ship especially the Big hanging Lantern:

20140627_155349-1_zps591e7b44.jpg

PROS:

- Many Pieces compared to BP which gave some more time and Joy

- Many Details.

- New Features.

- Excellent Design

CONS:

-The only CONS i have is The deck is empty. Wished if it has more features and building concepts!

Some Remarks i have:

- I noticed this set has 2 Version, The one i have is with normal skeleton face and not as per the box and some other set i saw in youtube. Here is mine type:

20140627_155310-1_zpsa5241c6b.jpg

And here is the one from the other Version:

Lego-4195_za10_o_5_zps7aa74182.jpg

Now My Question is, Why 2 versions? and what Else difference between the 2 versions?

Would highly appreciate if someone replies with a comparison between the 2 versions ( If Any )

Regards

Edited by Capt. Stabbin
Removed pics that are larger than site guidelines!

That is a Fantasy Era Skeleton Head. One of the bad guys from the Castle Fantasy Era line from a few years ago. I've never seen one in this set, but it would not surprise me if a few got mixed in with the regular skeletons somewhere along the line.

That is a Fantasy Era Skeleton Head. One of the bad guys from the Castle Fantasy Era line from a few years ago. I've never seen one in this set, but it would not surprise me if a few got mixed in with the regular skeletons somewhere along the line.

Ohh,,,Cos i really went mad when i unpacked the bags as i thought it has to be as per this Head. I kept searching and searching and thought i might have been drop it somewhere. Then i went through the Manual and saw it is the normal Head.

So The one with the regular head is the correct one. right? But to be frank, Lego must be more careful about this as this could change the look totally.

Thanks

The regular Skeleton head is correct. (There are a few subtle variations on some prints of those, that Lego does not really discriminate between in stock. The newer ones are slightly creepier. I don't know if any variants of those have appeared in this set.) But I have never seen that Fantasy Era head mentioned in this set. Maybe it is an early prototype photo? Or someone swapped it out and posted a pic on the Internet for looks?

If you prefer that look the Fantasy Skelly heads are pretty easy to come by.

The regular Skeleton head is correct. (There are a few subtle variations on some prints of those, that Lego does not really discriminate between in stock. The newer ones are slightly creepier. I don't know if any variants of those have appeared in this set.) But I have never seen that Fantasy Era head mentioned in this set. Maybe it is an early prototype photo? Or someone swapped it out and posted a pic on the Internet for looks?

If you prefer that look the Fantasy Skelly heads are pretty easy to come by.

Many Thanks for this info.

Maybe Lego produces several sets with this Fantasy Era head early their production...after all, it is a nice set whether with this head or not...looooool :)

It is practically the same thing. I don't see any reason to make a big fuss about it.

it depends if you are a collector or not, then making it a big fuss will be required ;)

Edited by VintageLegoEra