Yeah, I never made instructions for it, and unfortunately I don't really plan to. It's pretty time consuming to make instructions, especially for a complex models such as this. I have been getting a few requests for them though, so I'll think about revisiting it.

if you can make an LDraw file or even detailed photos, I volunteer to make instructions.

I volunteer to build it after blakbird is done making the instructions! :grin:

Also, I asked about the sysiphus base as well....I am sure Blakbird would be willing to make the instructions for that as well!

Maybe some pictures would do the trick?

First I would have to dig it out of storage. :)

if you can make an LDraw file or even detailed photos, I volunteer to make instructions.

Cool, thanks for the offer. I have no problem making the actual instructions myself, it's putting together the LDraw file that's the most time consuming/annoying part.

I volunteer to build it after blakbird is done making the instructions! :grin:

Also, I asked about the sysiphus base as well....I am sure Blakbird would be willing to make the instructions for that as well!

Haha, awesome. I'm actually working on the Sisyphus base instructions right now...

J

Let me again add my voice to the growing chorus (clamour?) begging for instructions for the horse! please.gif It is one of the most awesome models ever, and it is rather special in that the appeal goes beyond the usual technic audience.

I started trying to reverse engineer it myself, but got stuck.

I would also be very willing to make an LDraw file (indeed, it would be a pleasure) from some slightly more detailed pictures. I suspect all it would take would be pictures of the horse broken into 4 or 5 units, each viewed from several angles...

Edited by aeh5040

Haha, awesome. I'm actually working on the Sisyphus base instructions right now...

Awesome.... I love it when a plan comes together! Its so much easier when you can volunteer Eric's time.

Gentlemen, hold your horses !

(ahem)

Hi there,

First things first : Jason, I discovered your creations over a year ago and... well, to keep it simple, thank you for doing what you do.

Each of your creation is a true piece of art, and the way you manage to bring some of them to life is nothing short of amazing.

Icing on the cake (sorry), your videos are delicious cocktails of pedagogy and humor.

Now to the point : I happened to build your horse a while back, and it was a LOT of fun.

It was for a gift, but I kept pics and files (LDD + partial Ldraw)

Since you seem inclined to produce instructions, I would me more than happy to help you save some time (your creativity begs for more of it, I bet)

I am a bit too fresh in the neighbourhood to PM you, so the move is yours.

Cheers from France !

1zoi2x0.jpg

r0dq9d.jpg

118kls1.jpg

2zgr8uv.jpg

Edited by autoreverse

Gentlemen, hold your horses !

(ahem)

Now to the point : I happened to build your horse a while back, and it was a LOT of fun.

It was for a gift, but I kept pics and files (LDD + partial Ldraw)

Since you seem inclined to produce instructions, I would me more than happy to help you save some time (your creativity begs for more of it, I bet)

I am a bit too fresh in the neighbourhood to PM you, so the move is yours.

Dude, that's amazing! You are the first person I've heard from to build your own copy. That's so cool! PM on its way...

J

Apparently I can't send you a PM either, because you are not allowed to use the messaging system at all. Any chance you can send me a message on my Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/JKBrickworks/

J

Sorry, I don't have a facebook account

Let me try to unlock the PM feature...

Just have to reach 10 posts

Edited by autoreverse

Wow, I haven't seen this until now, I wish I saw this last summer. This is so awesome, I think I too will try to build this from the video :classic: I think it's even cooler than Sisyphus.

I just couldn't resist trying to build it. The youtube video does a great job showing how it works and was enough to reconstruct it. Now to get the missing pieces.

800x600.jpg

I just couldn't resist trying to build it. The youtube video does a great job showing how it works and was enough to reconstruct it. Now to get the missing pieces.

Well done my friend... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear instructions are coming for this. I have a long history of coveting Jason's models. I've built the combination safe and my son likes it so much that he is getting one for Christmas. I'll be doing the horse and Sisyphus when possible as well. Long ago, I made this render but never built the models in real life:

800x450.jpg

Cool, well done!

I'm glad to hear instructions are coming for this. I have a long history of coveting Jason's models. I've built the combination safe and my son likes it so much that he is getting one for Christmas. I'll be doing the horse and Sisyphus when possible as well. Long ago, I made this render but never built the models in real life:

Nice render! I really liked the Discovery and Leonov, sadly they were taken apart years ago. I've often thought it would be cool to rebuild the Discovery with the updated parts palette, and maybe at minifig scale... Hard to believe it was almost 15 years ago when I built it!

I'm still working on the full Sisyphus instructions, and with the holidays coming I probably won't be able to take a look at the horse again until the new year.

J

Jason,

I've just about managed to reverse engineer your fabulous Galloping Horse and have raided all my boxes to build a one-legged trial version in "colour vomit" parts. So at the moment, it is a Hopping Horse ! I have managed to include a small battery box and an M-motor in the base and I've modified the connection to the column.

Now pretty well all the right colour parts are on order so I'm looking forward to a New Year project.

Seasons greetings,

John

Jason,

I think that I now have all the parts to build this superb model and I have worked out almost all the construction. However, I am not sure of the linkage hidden within the head - how does the triangle connect to the lower jaw/neck? I have tried a simple 3x1 left arm, also a pair of 3x3x0.5 lift arms but neither replicate the movement shown in your video. Can you please help me with a photo or drawing?

Best wishes,

John

Jason,

I think that I now have all the parts to build this superb model and I have worked out almost all the construction. However, I am not sure of the linkage hidden within the head - how does the triangle connect to the lower jaw/neck? I have tried a simple 3x1 left arm, also a pair of 3x3x0.5 lift arms but neither replicate the movement shown in your video. Can you please help me with a photo or drawing?

Best wishes,

John

Yup, it's a pair of these pieces: http://alpha.brickli...?P=32056, don't have any pics of how they connect on hand.

J

Edited by touthomme

When we look at your creations we can think: why nobody build it before, it "looks" so simple, without thausends of bricks ?

But everybody has not your genius !