42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader Rating  

379 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

V2 receiver has V2 printed on its front, V1 has nothing printed.

Is that the only difference?

Is that the only difference?

Visually, that is the only difference. The specs are of course different, but nothing on the outside except the V2 marking lets you tell them apart

4 hours here. The build seems pretty straightforward, way easier than 42009, for instance.

Easier as in less technical? Is the 42009 a more fun build?

August? OK, maybe someone will give it to me as a birthday present in September :)

Thanks for a great review!

This is now my top priority!!!! Has the Power Functions I want/need! Plus the other parts. The bucket and it being licensed might explain the price, but for me it would cheaper than BL. Just the PF included on LEGO S@H is $112.91. That's not including the parts I want/need to order from BL. So I will be getting it as soon as it hits the USA!

Great review. If I still built Technic, I would probably buy one, especially as I love all things Scandinavian (Volvo included)

But I dont build Technic anymore and there are higher priorities for my 2014 wish list (like the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! and the Ecto-1)

This is now my top priority!!!! Has the Power Functions I want/need! Plus the other parts. The bucket and it being licensed might explain the price, but for me it would cheaper than BL. Just the PF included on LEGO S@H is $112.91. That's not including the parts I want/need to order from BL. So I will be getting it as soon as it hits the USA!

I don't think it's licensed. It's a cooperation between TLG amd Volvo, but I'm pretty sure TLG isn't paying Volvo a fee or something.

If it's not licensed, Lego should be able to sell the green engine blocks and the new bucket separate from the set :laugh:

Pretty sure they won't sell them.

I am very sad that this flagship won't fit the scale of other flagship (at least 42009, 8275, 8043).

Edited by Freekysch

Thanks for the awesome review Jim! You actually sold this to me! haha.

Are you a salesperson? :tongue:

I have to say tho I don't like the side view, seems to me to be hollow and or out of proportion. :blush:

Thanks for the awesome review Jim! You actually sold this to me! haha.

Are you a salesperson? :tongue:

Thanks Doc! Salesperson no hehe, more like an enthusiast. I really like fully remote controlled construction equipment, so this is right up my alley.

I have to say tho I don't like the side view, seems to me to be hollow and or out of proportion. :blush:

Definitely agree with you. The side view is not very attractive, to say the least.

Is the 42009 a more fun build?

I'd say so. Building 42030 is just beams, beams, and then some more beams.

V1.

V1 receivers instead of V2 means: CONS!

Anyway a superb model, a must have for me too.

Amazing review. Having the 8265 at 1st didn't think to buy this set, but now...i think i'm gonna buy it but in a while, hoping price goes down or waiting a good deal on amazon.it as did with 42009.

Really glad it is 4wd, and like all the pf parts!

Althought i have 1 big book from 42009 i'm really glad even this set has 1 book too :D

Amazing review. Having the 8265 at 1st didn't think to buy this set, but now...i think i'm gonna buy it but in a while, hoping price goes down or waiting a good deal on amazon.it as did with 42009.

Really glad it is 4wd, and like all the pf parts!

Althought i have 1 big book from 42009 i'm really glad even this set has 1 book too :D

Thanks! I really like the big book as well. Makes you feel you are building a very big model....which you are actually doing :sweet:

(will open my unopened 42009 to see whether it has a single book as well)

Ted how powerful is it with the xl for drive? Would it go over rough terrain like the crawler?

Also when the front arm is dropped fully does it touch the ground without tipping the bucket? This always annoys me on some sets ie 8043.

Ted how powerful is it with the xl for drive? Would it go over rough terrain like the crawler?

Also when the front arm is dropped fully does it touch the ground without tipping the bucket? This always annoys me on some sets ie 8043.

I haven't actually tested rough terrain, but I reckon it would perform at least as well as the crawler, since the XL motor has higher torque. Or maybe Sariel will demonstrate this in his video review.

Depends on the angle of the bucket before descent. Will have to do some tests to be sure.

I haven't actually tested rough terrain, but I reckon it would perform at least as well as the crawler, since the XL motor has higher torque. Or maybe Sariel will demonstrate this in his video review.

Depends on the angle of the bucket before descent. Will have to do some tests to be sure.

Ok thanks.

Brilliant review of a very cool set. I don't normally go for the bigger Technic sets but there are enough features on this to keep me (and the kids) happy for hours.

Great review Jim.

I will get this set in any case. It just hit my "need" button. Perhaps I can get it as a birthday present from me to me :D

This year is really mad when it comes to purchasing Lego.

Great review Jim!

Lot of work I reckon :thumbup: :thumbup:

The wheel loader firmly stands at the first place on my " I' am not afraid of my divorce anymore " list :laugh:

Great review Jim!

Lot of work I reckon :thumbup: :thumbup:

The wheel loader firmly stands at the first place on my " I' am not afraid of my divorce anymore " list :laugh:

Thanks Ward!

Your wife will understand your needs......I'm sure she will.....aaaaaand she's gone :tongue:

Excellent review, thank you!

I want this set even more now but will not open it before Christmas Eve this year. :classic: