Rogue Angel

The Grand Griffon Tavern and Inn

[Brandon, noticing the goblet being lifted from the side of his eye, turns in that direction and lifts his cup in response.]

Edited by Brandon Stark

Lord Ryder: waking up Oh Sh*t, What's the time, how long was I out?

Master Gabbold: About 3 hours lord

Lord Ryder: Damn, I must be off Clutches head This headache is killing me, I think i need to Throws up on floor, Sorry about the mess, Tosses coin over counter , I'll be back in a couple of days on my return journey from the capital.

He pulls his hood up against the weather and stalks out of the inn.

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

[The speaking stone in Shay's pouch warms in activation. Sdair Zuuree's voice comes in soft. Shay holds the clear blue stone close to hear the report. After several minutes of intent listening, Shay stands quickly. With a great grin on her face Shay lift's her goblet high.]

Shay Lih: Be rejoicin'! De Armored Eagle Goddess will be flesh 'gain verra soon.

[Shay spies Heb signaling that her bath is ready. She downs her tea in a single pull, and makes her way across the tavern room to the stairs. As Shay passes the Avalonian that returned her earlier salute, she pulls him into a deep kiss that leaves him stunned.]

Shay Lih: Goddess be praised.

[Shay saunters away, up the stairs towards the warm bath in her room.]

Edited by gedren_y

[Brandon stays frozen for a few moments, obviously stunned by the stranger's kiss. He then gets up, picks up his sword and cloak, and goes up to his room, determined to get to know this stranger before either of them leaves.]

Brandon: "Gods, if only that handmaiden in Albion was like this."

Edited by Brandon Stark

[After silently laughing for a few moments at the incident, Lord Cassel turns to Brandon.]

Lord Cassel: "You having trouble with girls?"

Enters GG

Lord Ryder:Hello Master Gabbold, How fare thee?

Goes to sit down at a table

Master Gabbold: Tis nice to see you again sir, I trust your journey was fine

Lord Ryder: I've had better in my time

Master Gabbold: Ah, well, what can I do for you sir?

Lord Ryder: Hmm, Got any Avalonian Red?

Master Gabbold: I believe we do sir, I will be back momentarily

Glances round the tavern until he spots a familiar face

Lord Ryder: Ah, If it isn't Lord Brandon, nice to see fellow avalonians about!

Columbus

[Lord Stark gestures for Lord Ryder to move to his table.]

Lord Stark: "Greetings, Lord Ryder. I am Brandon Stark, Lord of Dragonstone. How do you fare?"

Edited by Brandon Stark

Lord Ryder: Sitting down Just visited the capital on important business, and was passing on the way back and thought that a little red might'nt go amiss

Master Gabbold: Your Wine sir

Lord Ryder: Ah, thank you master gabbold, how's the weather?

Master Gabbold: Well, I'd say it isn't the sort of night to be a travelin' in sir

Lord Ryder: Right Oh, I'll have a room then please, room 8 if it's free

Master Gabbold: Room 8 is indeed available sir, shall i have your bag taken up?

Lord Ryder: Clutching bag No, thank you, another glass for me please, and, can I get you anything Lord Stark?

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

[Lord Stark eyes the barrels carefully, looking for a specific wine. After a few seconds he sees the wine he is looking for, and places his order.]

Lord Stark: "I think I will go for a taste of home today. How about some sweet red from Lys and a side of a chicken leg and some bread."

Master Gabbold: "Certainly, m'lord. Your food and drink will arrive shortly."

[Lord Stark turns to Lord Ryder.]

Lord Stark: "So, Lord Ryder, you plan to make the journey home tomorrow? The roads have become more dangerous these days. The Algus are in Mitgardia, the Desert King's armies are making their way to Nocturnus, and Nocturnus itself is divided between the rebels and the Black Spire."

[After a short while, Lord Stark's food and drink arrives. He then takes a bite out of the chicken leg and a drink for the Lys sweet red before continuing.]

Lord Stark: "You see, I've been in the capital for over a week now, though I plan to stay for two, or more. I happen to live farthest west in the western guild, so a journey to the capital takes weeks. These are dark times, my friend. You can't afford to make short stays in the capital anymore. There were times we could travel alone and be safe. Not anymore."

Edited by Brandon Stark

Lord Ryder: Indeed, these are dark times, my own country is frequently raided by mitguardians as I'm on the border, we used to have peace with them and quite some trading until the wars started. I too used to make short routine journeys to the capital, stay for a day or two, catch up with old friends and then go home, but in these times it is becoming harder to do so. I have been traveling alone for reasons which I will not say and have had to fight may vagabonds along the more frequented roads. And the weather dosen't help either, of course, it's always rained up north so I'm used to it but it does make travelling tough.

Master Gabbold: Your room is ready sir, do you require anything?

Lord Ryder running an experienced eye over the drink selection Another Red for me, and, are we permitted to eat our own food in here?

Master Gabbold: Why?

Lord Ryder: No matter, no matter, umm, rabbit for me please

Master Gabbold walks away and Lord Ryder sits in silence, swirling his wine thoughtfully until master Gabbold returns with his food

Lord Ryder: Ah, good my food has arrived, thank you master Gabbold He pulls a knife from his belt and attacks the rabbit hungrilly

Columbus

[Lord Stark takes a sip of the sweet red wine, before sitting back in his chair. He sighs.]

Lord Stark: "It's been three years, and Historica is still without a king. We used to be united as one kingdom, now each guild acts as it's own country. It's starting to remind me of those days before the Kingdom of Historica existed, when everyone used to fight each other."

[Lord Stark scans the room before continuing.]

Lord Stark: ​"Like I said, Historica is in a mess. There's three factions fighting for rule of Kaliphlin, Nocturnian rebels fighting the Black Spire, and Mitgardians fighting the Algus. Even Avalonia is not spared from this chaos. The Drow still run free in the Enchanted Forest, and Mitgardians are becoming braver. No one dared to raid towns on our northern borders when Artorious was lord. Lords Regent de Gothia and Simon rule well, but there needs to be a king here to keep all the guilds in check.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Lord Ryder: Yes, but suggesting that there should be a king of Historica will make sure that there are wars as each faction tries to put their leader in charge. Or, alternativly, finding someone from outside Historica (If anyone lives there) would cause chaos as nobody would trust him...These are dark times...

​A messenger approaches and hands a letter to Lord Ryder who tips him before reading it, his frown deepens as he scans down the page

Lord Ryder: Grabbing a waitress's arm Inform Master Gabbold that I'll be gone by sunset

Columbus

[Lord Stark finishes the last of his meal, before getting up from his chair, grabbing his cloak and sword.]

Lord Stark: "I understand that there will be war over who becomes king. Every guild wants to put a different king on the throne, with Kaliphlin itself arguing over three. However, I still hope that one day Historica will find itself a rightful king. Anyways, I must be going now. I hope to visit Sardonica one day when I have the chance."

[Lord Stark places a few coins over the counter, before going upstairs to his room.]

Lord Ryder: Goodbye I too must retire for I must be up early in the morrow but I will be sure to visit Lys when these times are less harsh.

Columbus

Krosiss of the Thek walks into the tavern and sits down at a table.

Krosiss: I would like to order a Pumpkin pie stout, and make it double. Then put a bucket of fish on the side.

[Shay Lih is depressed. Reports from Sdair have gotten increasingly worrisome. For months now Stair's party have had to backtrack to avoid Drow patrols. At first, they reported groups of ten, but now the reports say groups of thirty or more. Currently Shay is stewing in the tavern room.]

Mora: Your sour red tea, Shay.

Shay Lih: Thank Ye, Mora.

[Shay tries to muster up a smile for Mora actually using her name. Other things at the tavern have given her less to smile about. That young Avalonian that she kissed during her exuberance, Shay had learned, eats chicken. She shudders at the idea, and thinks it is good that he has left.]

[Suddenly, across the tavern room the main door bursts open. In strides Ehfrik Daffys with a wide grin on his face.]

Ehfrik Daffys: Mora, yer las' two bottles ahf blue mead, please.

[Ehfrik strides over to Shay and whispers in her ear.]

Ehfrik Daffys: Ah 'ave found a map. Tell ye more in yer room. Yoose do da reportin', den we go.

[Shay downs her tea quickly, resulting in a minor cold headache. As Mora comes over with the bottles of blue mead, she tells her. . .]

Shay Lih: Tell Master Gabbold we'll be settlin' ahr account dis afternoon.

[With a wan look, Mora nods and heads to Master Gabbold.]

Shay Lih: Ah'm gonna miss dat girl.

[Shay and Ehfrik head upstairs to make their report, and pack for a long trip.]

Edited by gedren_y

[The door opens, interrupting the silence of a mostly silent room. A traveler enters, clad in the clothing of a typical Avalonian noble, and bears the sigil of a dragon, a common symbol in Avalonia. He is carrying a sword and a few other items.]

Master Gabbold: "Good day, ser. You're nobility I presume? We don't have nobles traveling the road much these days. There's too much danger.

Traveler: "Yes, I am nobility. I am Corlys Lynderly of Avalonia, the half-brother of Lord Brandon Stark. And I would like some ale, please. That is all."

Master Gabbold: "Ah, yes, I know your half-brother. He was in these parts a few months ago. Anyways, your ale with arrive shortly."

[Corlys looks around. As expected, there are not many people here today. He had dealt with a small group of bandits on the way, and he knew there were many more lurking on the roads. Corlys eyes the only other people in the room, who are now heading up the stairs. "They must be from the Nestlands", he thought. His brother had mentioned being kissed by some "Nestlands girl" once. The thought crossed his mind that this could be that one, though he quickly brushed it off.]

Master Gabbold: "Here is your ale, ser."

[Corlys hands two coins to Master Gabbold.]

Corlys: "Thank you, master."

[The room is now empty, and there are many thoughts on his mind. He had been sent to the capital to gather information to his brother, and was now heading back. Yet there was still business to attend to. Reports to record, letters to write, accounts to manage. He is also supposed to ride home the next day, to accompany his brother on a journey. "Brandon needs to reward me with a lordship once I'm done", he jokes to himself. Corlys resolves he can't stay here any longer, and follows the two Kaliphlinians up the stairs to his room.]