Hello all,

I haven't posted something for a while. mainly because I have resorted all my bricks.

Anyway here is what I've been busy with lately:

14059752781_d45be6f9d3_c.jpg

First raw sketch for LowLUG by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

And here are the first two modules

13965387830_186c4f683d_c.jpg

Second progress shots by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

Bonus MOC I never posted here:

And for the interested: The topic on the forum of Lowlug which this is going te be part of (Dutch link)

I always enjoy progress pictures. :classic: I, too, lean towards the way you are doing the rail-ties - I'm doing the same in my track layout.

...look forward to seeing more pictures and progress

I really like the way you did the railroad ties.

Thanks.

I always enjoy progress pictures. :classic: I, too, lean towards the way you are doing the rail-ties - I'm doing the same in my track layout.

...look forward to seeing more pictures and progress

I like looking progress pictures of others so I did post my own to stimulate others to do the same.

Looking good sofar, Erwin! :thumbup:

Thanks

That is a great layout that maximizes the constraints of the unmodified track geometries. Meanwhile, your realization looks great, the ballast and ties look really sharp. (the new train wagon is great too)

That is a great layout that maximizes the constraints of the unmodified track geometries.

I can be wrong, but it looks like he modified the switches.

That is a great layout that maximizes the constraints of the unmodified track geometries. Meanwhile, your realization looks great, the ballast and ties look really sharp. (the new train wagon is great too)

Thanks Zephyr

I can be wrong, but it looks like he modified the switches.

I think you're right. :wink:

Doh! Yep, I was distracted by the switches to the roundhouse in the schematic, the ones on the right and in the photo are modified (but for the better). Still looks good and is a good use of the space

Wow I love this Layout and I can see it's not even finished and I already Love it!

I am wondering as i have made a prototype for my rails and ballast out of lego, how do you build it on the curves and switch tracks?

Very cool

-RailCo

Nice progress. I like the rough muddy field.

I was just wondering if there are going to be any signals for the crossing.

Thank you, I forgot to respond, yes there will be signals.

This is coming along great! I really like the small details like the underground pipes :sweet:

Thank you

:classic:

Looks good, I particulalry like the way you have done your field, sort of ploughed in a muddy kind of way, i would have never thought to use those bricks like that myself.

Looks good, I particulalry like the way you have done your field, sort of ploughed in a muddy kind of way, i would have never thought to use those bricks like that myself.

Thanks, it still misses a plowing tractor.

I have seen the log bricks being used this way in some kind of castle moc the first time.

Wow what a beautiful details! I love the wires and pipes under the grass!

Thank you

The baseplates aren't elevated, but the "base" of the MOC has been elevated with 1 brick.

This gives a few advantages; 1: the power required for the trains can be routed under then elevated base (see his pictures in first post) and he can make cool things like a plowed field / hole with exposed pipes (see his pictures in his last post) which are below the elevated base.

if he hadn't elevated the base of the whole moc, this all wouldn't be possible / very much more difficult.

What are your thoughts on reddish brown, black, or dark brown tiles as ties? I've been experimenting with dark brown lately, but it's difficult to tell if reddish brown or dark brown has more of the realistic "washed out" look that I'm going for. From some angles, your track looks very realistic, and I think it also helps that it's the old 9v track, since most rails are only shiny on top with more of a grayish brown rusted appearance on the sides. I kind of regret selling my 9v track after seeing your layout.