Sign in to follow this  
madball

3 Side Modular?

Is there any standards that are applicable to building a modular that connects on 3 sides?

Currently we obviously have the standard modulars that are connected at either end. However has anyone seen a standard spacing for connections on the rear too? My current constructions involve building a train station and railway tunnel... but was wondering if there was a convention for connections at the back as well as the sides.

Since there aren't any from LEGO officially, there is no standard. I also assume you want this for your own creations so go ahead and create your own standard.

Any images to show us? I'm assuming the rail tunnel is the modular portion with three sides to connect it?

I was designing a modular landscape for my mine sets that would be connected by three or four sides. All I did was just use the existing standard of modular layouts and included it on the third side. This way all the portions will be consistent.

I also designed with Sin awhile back modular sections for an underground railway system. Check out my Flickr account and have a look.

Edited by Wodanis