Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

The Tequila Sunrise

Here's my latest steam engine I've been working on. It's lacking stickers, but someday I'll find a printer that can print decent stickers from home. Till then I'll have to wait till I can find the time to borrow the use of my father's printer.

dreyfuss7244_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post Mod Gallery

(image is a link, deeplinks are numbered 01-03)

It is a fully track compatible Hudson Class (4-6-4) steamer with Henry Dreyfuss inspired streamlining. I say inspired because these locomotives, designed exclusively for the New York Central lines for their 20th Century Limited, never came in yellow. But not all the parts I needed came in grey, and I didn't have a yellow locomotive yet. I think it turned out pretty nifty.

The locomotive will be numbered '7244', and will carry the 'Sava Railways' livery on the tender. It's name, the 'Tequila Sunrise', comes from the fact that it's blindingly yellow and my locomotive will be paired with Santa Fe Super Chief Pullman cars, at least till I can afford to make matching passenger cars. Plus I like the play on meaning (a Tequila Sunrise is an orange juice based alcoholic beverage).

I'll take more pictures when I have the stickers made and I have more energy.

Please let me know what you think!

--Tony

Hi Tony!

A beauty *wub* ! I like the smooth rounded form - give

As I have mentioned before, your MOC of the Hudson is grrrrrreat! I just wanted to add that naming it "The Tequila Sunrise" and pulling the Santa Fe cars is perfect, since Santa Fe is spanish. Very unique name :-D . Very cool model, definitly two *y* up. Model On.

SavaTheAggie hurry up and get some more energy !!! that thing is awesome,love the colours ,you have GOT to complete it with stickers,nice 1.

A very nice and elegant streamliner! The wheels look great on it. *sweet*

Back to the future on! *y*