KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I for one am VERY interested how you find it. This may sway me on whether I pick one up. I'd like you to be brutally honest about the quality of the parts... especially the yellow technic bricks, the light bley levers, the rigging and the dish (as well as the print on that).

Will do, hope to take a look over the weekend 

12 hours ago, tu_bui said:

"jiangshi" (Chinese "hopping" vampire) minfigs. So cute.

5f8b2582b2b7d0a2891b4712c3ef760949369aab.jpg

These are cool, are they available for sale on AE?

So a big order of mine arrived today with most of the Xinh and Pogo waves from summer (except the two most recent xinh ones). Print quality was really a mixed bag. Mr Gold in particular had some pretty bad printing which looked worn off before I'd even opened the bag. That doesn't bode well for the other chrome figures. Happy to provide pictures if people want any.

Also it seems to be Xinh's standard to use the shitty matte prints on legs for their figures now, either for patterns or for the dual-molded look.

Edited by mooproxy

2 hours ago, mooproxy said:

So a big order of mine arrived today with most of the Xinh and Pogo waves from summer (except the two most recent xinh ones). Print quality was really a mixed bag. Mr Gold in particular had some pretty bad printing which looked worn off before I'd even opened the bag. That doesn't bode well for the other chrome figures. Happy to provide pictures if people want any.

Also it seems to be Xinh's standard to use the shitty matte prints on legs for their figures now, either for patterns or for the dual-molded look.

I got the Xinh wave with beastboy, killer croc, blue beetle today

Xinh has really dropped their standard.... I am seeing their quality now as somewhere inbetween Pogo and Lebq

beast boy,blue beetle had the iron on print, starfire was extremely misprinted with tearing all over. and every other figure had minor tearing of the print. Only killer croc was 100% perfect.

Definitely going to be cautious with Xinh in future, even when pics have been released.

Game of thrones first 6 came, and they are awesome.

SY abomination figure wave came, and they are still leaders of the bootlegs! by far!

32 minutes ago, MNW said:

I got the Xinh wave with beastboy, killer croc, blue beetle today

Xinh has really dropped their standard.... I am seeing their quality now as somewhere inbetween Pogo and Lebq

beast boy,blue beetle had the iron on print, starfire was extremely misprinted with tearing all over. and every other figure had minor tearing of the print. Only killer croc was 100% perfect.

Definitely going to be cautious with Xinh in future, even when pics have been released.

Game of thrones first 6 came, and they are awesome.

SY abomination figure wave came, and they are still leaders of the bootlegs! by far!

Any chance you could upload a picture of some of the figures in that wave? Particularly Blue Beetle.

2 hours ago, mooproxy said:

Any chance you could upload a picture of some of the figures in that wave? Particularly Blue Beetle.

Will do later today :)

Another note on Pogo's Mr Gold - the joints are incredibly tough to move. Like I've got hundreds of bootlegs and these are far and away the toughest. The chromed paint must be thicker than the other stuff.

Also, my Stan Lee came with correctly coloured arms, not flesh coloured as per other pictures. The hair didn't fit on the head though.

1 hour ago, mooproxy said:

Also, my Stan Lee came with correctly coloured arms, not flesh coloured as per other pictures. The hair didn't fit on the head though.

I've order a few bootlegs and the hair is tough to get on some. But, I was able to get with a little love and banging it on my desk head first!

Jamie

8-Styles-LOZ-Mini-Blocks-The-Avengers-Ironman-Hulk-Antman-Assembly-Toys-With-Box

8-Styles-LOZ-Mini-Blocks-The-Avengers-Ironman-Hulk-Antman-Assembly-Toys-With-Box

Just noticed this on ebay. I like the fact that they are beating Lego at getting these out to the public.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm lost for words. Goodbye Mixels ...... Hello Brick Headz

Edited by MarvelZombie
More pics

14 hours ago, MarvelZombie said:

Just noticed this on ebay. I like the fact that they are beating Lego at getting these out to the public.

I'm lost for words. Goodbye Mixels ...... Hello Brick Headz

Some useful bits and pieces there. Hopefully they are all printed pieces. 

On 10/1/2016 at 5:01 AM, Ltfalcon said:

These are cool, are they available for sale on AE?

I'd also be interested in these, anyone got a link or model / set / fig number?

24 minutes ago, wilson3a10 said:

Got the new batman

Left 1 is from Pogo and right 4 are from DLP

P_20161002_214022_zpsoaai69t3.jpg

2nd from right a reprintrd arkham knight body?

39 minutes ago, wilson3a10 said:

Got the new batman

Left 1 is from Pogo and right 4 are from DLP

P_20161002_214022_zpsoaai69t3.jpg

Superman Photos?????

Does any know the batman's name??

2 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

2nd from right a reprintrd arkham knight body?

Any chance of some higher resolution shots of these figures? Maybe individually? I'd love to see some really detailed images of these. That Arkham Knight torso looks like it'd go great with the Xinh(?) headpiece for that.

6 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Some useful bits and pieces there. Hopefully they are all printed pieces. 

I'd also be interested in these, anyone got a link or model / set / fig number?

I've taken the plunge on the Droids and Vader ones https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Star-Wars-Mini-Building-Blocks-BB-8-R2-D2-Master-Yoda-C-3PO-Darth-Vader-Stormtrooper/32729124344.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.vU5j2K

Update on the UCS Falcon - I seem to be missing the grey piping pieces (have black ones) - but I note they are missing off the photograph on the instructions booklet, its going to take ages to build and sometimes you begin to lose the will to live with the stupid brittle bags everywhere!  The pieces have been sorted reasonably well though, however some organisation would have helped me.  

The Mast webbing seems fine, haven't got to that stage yet, the yellow brackets are great, seem strong (all in place) - the levers are also good, though I seem to be 3 levers short to base - not sure if thats going to be an issue or not.  No missing pieces yet, only one piece was slightly warped but it bent back and is solid.  Good building experience so far, connections are great, quality really really good.

On 9/23/2016 at 1:45 AM, Robianco said:

I was perfectly happy until I got a genuine SDCC figure. :)M 

Anyone have any luck tracking down those Chinese character figures? 

2 hours ago, tu_bui said:

Anyone have any luck tracking down those Chinese character figures?