JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, codefox421 said:

Yeah, and that works fine for 90 degree corners. The trouble is that I was mostly excited about being able to do things like this, which uses a single R56 and doesn't have room for a conversion track on each side of it.

Sample

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:16 PM, legoman666 said:

32237030386_1a39a97df5_b.jpg

I recommend doing this to eliminate the need for the adapter pieces. 

@codefox421, The only place I see it being an issue in your above track configurations, is the first one with the curve right after the switch.  For that, I would suggest what legoman666 did.  for the other two issues with the curves in parallel tracks, you can simply use 1 conversion track + 1 half straight on either side of the curve to convert back to 9v track.

Sal

WFB, WI

On 1/17/2017 at 11:16 PM, legoman666 said:

32237030386_1a39a97df5_b.jpg

I recommend doing this to eliminate the need for the adapter pieces. 

can you help me understand what you did here exactly?  interested, thanks

5 hours ago, hankdelsi said:

can you help me understand what you did here exactly?  interested, thanks

He machined down one end of the curve so that it fits with the stock Lego straight.

-Jeffinslaw

4 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Hey actually machined the rails and put code 100 HO scale rail in the groove ;)

The ME models 9V curves come with code 100 HO rail already in them. They use rail joiners to connect together. So, all he had to do was file down one end of them :)

-Jeffinslaw

3 hours ago, greenmtvince said:

Have all the ABS only backer kits been shipped yet?  Trying to figure out if I got missed or should still be patiently waiting. 

You are not alone, so patience seems to a key criteria.

David

On 01/03/2017 at 8:42 AM, greenmtvince said:

Have all the ABS only backer kits been shipped yet?  Trying to figure out if I got missed or should still be patiently waiting. 

I was contacted to confirm my shipping address on 21 December, replied promptly and have yet to receive a shipping notification. Patience does seem to be a virtue. It is encouraging to see others receive their Kickstarter rewards, though it does make me more eager for my own.

Never been contacted either. (I had backed some plastic and a metal sample kit.)

Frankly, I've kinda written that money off. If I'll receive something after all, I'll be happy, of course, but my expectations aren't exactly high. Obviously I don't plan to purchase anything else from them in the future, either... 

still waiting on my order of metal track and have never been contacted about when it will be shipped.... get a update every 6 or 8 months but that's about it

1 hour ago, BurkusCircus said:

Are you guys talking about ME Models or BrickTracks?

ME models, BrickTracks is not shipping nor has a funded Kickstarter campaign, yet.

I was a metal track backer, after seeing folks say they recd their orders, I contacted ME directly and got my pledge order.  I have since ordered additional track from their inventory and have received that as well. I'm in U.S. if that matters.

I received my pledge shipment a long time ago and I've happily used those curves.

When the metal curves were released I ordered some, paid the order and was told they had shipped. That was 55 days ago.

No parcel has been delivered. I've repeatedly asked for a tracking number but recent emails have been ignored. At this point I'm not sure I'll ever see anything in return for the $200+ they've got off me.

Some what out of the loop on the whole kickstarter/me-models situation and not sure where to find updates from the creators.

I emailed Michael Melen at MEmodels May 5 but no reply. Its been 3 years since pledging and no update on metal rails. :(

I received my Kickstarter and KickBacker Weekend Sale orders in May.  All metal rails and in excellent condition.

Additional orders were being shipped the same time as mine.  Michael Melen and the rest of the ME Models team are busy making shipments in order to take care of all who pledged.

On 2017-07-09 at 7:36 PM, ericb said:

I received my Kickstarter and KickBacker Weekend Sale orders in May.  All metal rails and in excellent condition.

Additional orders were being shipped the same time as mine.  Michael Melen and the rest of the ME Models team are busy making shipments in order to take care of all who pledged.

Nice to hear. So there is still hope...

Maybe this year or so...

/Leif

I have moved house, so hope that if I ever get mine they will check address first. Glad to hear you have yours 

Has someone got an email reply from someone at ME?, My email to Michael Melan hasn't been answered and looking for another contact.

Edited by funkdis

When I wanted to contact them I tried with the PM system here on EB and they were quite responsive. However this was over a year ago, so I don't know if one of these guys from ME-Models is still active here.