Rogue Angel

Book II Challenge II - Avalonian Civil War! - RESULTS POSTED

Both our leaders have worthy efforts. The PGTC would prefer to aid our old friend De Gothia in his relief work, but we are happy to help Lord Simon if required.

Rogue, this is a really good challenge. The presentation is excellent, the preludes have been very exciting, and the story is superb. I like that it's not a fighting challenge, and I expect some very interesting builds. My gut tells me there is no plague..... :classic:

Edited by robuko

I wish to enter on the side of Avalonia, though either would be fine I feel that I'm much better at battle scenes and fortifications

Hopefully ill be able to make time for this, sign me up! If possible i'd like to side with Degothia and Albion?

~Legonardo

First of all... what a great story and the challanges are awesome, Rogueang!

As much as I would like to help Lord DeGothia, and although I collected a lot of Pirates stuff. I am the worst at making naval scenes. Besides that, the Drow have already been spotted in Hemresa, so I choose to eliminate that threat first and hope that DeGothia and his crew will suppress the plague.

I'll join Lord Simon on this quest.

Hail Avalonia

I'm confused. Here is my summary of what I think are the key plot points:

A lot of Avalonia is suddenly occupied by the Drow, in a bunch of areas. (Are these areas connected by tunnels? unlikely, but it is not clear how the Drow got there)

Lord Varis (rogueang) was in charge of Avalonia. He has taken a force of elves and vanished, he says into the Drow tunnels to fight the Drow. He left Avalonia under de Gothia (mainland) and Simon (West and islands), giving them both instructions not to attack the Drow unless forced to as it would mean disaster for his mission (not clear why).

There has been sighting of mysterious ships near Cornovaria and some sort of mass death in Cornovaria (a small island in the middle). Not clear if this is plague or murder. Simon has decided to stand up and fight the Drow, disobeying Varis' orders. de Gothia is reluctant to attack as he fears another enemy (not clear if this means the mysterious ships or the plague).

The elven clans under rogueang have temporarily united. They seek greater power in Avalonia and are dealing with the Drow but they are not betraying Avalonia. They have successfully delayed any Drow attack on Avalonian settlements, and there is a chance of Elven reinforcements.

I think we have to assume that Lord Varis is not betraying Avalonia. In that case, we want his mission to be successful and so I am with de Gothia, who has followed his orders.

Great storylines and builds, Rogueang! I would prefer to work with DeGothia on plague suppression measures, but if called upon, our newly trained dragon riders can assist Simon in the fight against the drow.

I'm confused. Here is my summary of what I think are the key plot points:

A lot of Avalonia is suddenly occupied by the Drow, in a bunch of areas. (Are these areas connected by tunnels? unlikely, but it is not clear how the Drow got there) The Drow were initially sighted in Avalonia, and there was a call to arms - while there were a few Lords that responded, the majority did not, and the Drow were able to establish outposts above ground - and there are tunnels throughout Historica that the Drow use.

Lord Varis (rogueang) was in charge of Avalonia. He has taken a force of elves and vanished, he says into the Drow tunnels to fight the Drow. He left Avalonia under de Gothia (mainland) and Simon (West and islands), giving them both instructions not to attack the Drow unless forced to as it would mean disaster for his mission (not clear why). If the Drow are forced to retreat, they will flood the tunnels that Varis is hoping to use as his exit from the underground depths. The tunnels are lightly populated with the mass of Drow on the surface.

There has been sighting of mysterious ships near Cornovaria and some sort of mass death in Cornovaria (a small island in the middle). Not clear if this is plague or murder. Simon has decided to stand up and fight the Drow, disobeying Varis' orders. Varis said to hold off on attacking the Drow if possible - this is more of a judgement call de Gothia is reluctant to attack as he fears another enemy (not clear if this means the mysterious ships or the plague). DeGothia is unsure if the new ships represent possible invaders or not, and now he is unsure if they bring a plague, or if they are killing Avalonians on Cornovaria or if the deaths are from something else entirely.

The elven clans under rogueang have temporarily united. The Elves normally work in concert, but they are actually pursuing different ends in this case - the Swiftwing Clan will be fighting the Drow and the Sacred Oaks Clan will be attempting the quell the plague They seek greater power in Avalonia and are dealing with the Drow but they are not betraying Avalonia. The only reason they are dealing with the Drow is in an attempt to delay the Drow assault. They are not actually concerned with having any more power. They have successfully delayed any Drow attack on Avalonian settlements, and there is a chance of Elven reinforcements.

I think we have to assume that Lord Varis is not betraying Avalonia. In that case, we want his mission to be successful and so I am with de Gothia, who has followed his orders.

This is almost correct - I have clarified a few things above.

Well, first of all, great challenge. Second, I'd like to join Simon's side, I don't want to have anything to do with plagues. Third, no clone brands and only decals if you made them yourself. Brickwarriors items are not allowed then?

Moria will aid Albion & DeGothia - lets suppress this plague once and for all!

Great challenge!

Neat way to handle a civil war in Avalonia. I'd prefer to help Simon with fighting the Drow :classic:

Alexander Vandangant and his companions will join Avalonia & Simon against the Drow Assault. Long Live Avalonia!

Well, first of all, great challenge. Second, I'd like to join Simon's side, I don't want to have anything to do with plagues. Third, no clone brands and only decals if you made them yourself. Brickwarriors items are not allowed then?

Unless my mind has betrayed me here, I believe we are allowing 3rd party after market items -- IE non direct competitors to Lego. Brick Forge and Brick Warriors should be fine.

Great story and mocs RG!

Have to start building!

I really like the idea with one war side and one "peace" side on the challenge! Hope that continues on to the next guilds! *wink wink*

Unless my mind has betrayed me here, I believe we are allowing 3rd party after market items -- IE non direct competitors to Lego. Brick Forge and Brick Warriors should be fine.

Great! Good news.

I will join Simon and his effort to remove the Drow!

Great challenge! Hopefully I can find some time to enter more than 1 entry.

I would prefer to join dG and stop the plague!

I'd like to be with Simon in the Drow Assault if possible :wink:

Two things:

1: I incorrectly stated that a dragon mountain would be a prize option. It is actually a Mirkwood Elf Army. I was going to pick up the dragon mountain, but my Lego store was out of stock when I picked up the prizes.

2: I apologize for the delay on getting this challenge out. I didn't want a straight up Civil war, so I figured I had to have a bunch of prelude chapters to really make the story believable. I was planning to get this up the weekend before last, but all my build/photo time disappeared when my son got sick. April 1st was always the target date, so I was only a couple of weeks late...

Rogue, it's a superb challenge and the preludes really add a lot. Your family must come first of course, I hope your son is getting better now.

As a medicine man, Lasvor would support DeGothia in Albion. Though I don't see why are thy called "sides" since the two activities (quaratine/drow hunting) doesn't rule out each other.

Since rendered entries are not allowed, this is merely a symbolic action, but I try to build something unofficially.